Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:55:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 31735 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #465 on: December 29, 2007, 12:23:29 pm »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-13-2006 10:11 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Jamie, no, I haven't read your book, but I don't feel any guilt about any of that because I get the feeling you haven't read a lot of the other Atlantis stuff out there. If you have, you wouldn't make this complete dismissal of any other theories other than your own, and you'd be referring more to Plato, as opposed to trying to ignore him, or explain him away. You can't just throw out 3/4 of the account and say you're talking about the same place.

Does anyplace in the world fit the 24 criteria laid out by the Milos Conference? Well, gee, if it did, why would everyone still be looking for Atlantis??

As for whether you have or don't have religious beliefs, if your primary historical source for your conclusions is the Bible, I'll just leave that up to everyone to decide what sort of role religion does or doesn't play in your theory. No offense to yours or anyone else's religious beliefs, but the Bible is a complex blend of mythology, allegory and moral lessons along with the history it presents, it is not to be taken literally. Religious beliefs aside, there is no place in the Bible that resembles Plato's Atlantis.

All that aside, I think the thing that bugs me the most about your work is not the forced connections, the erroneous conclusions or even the lack of a sound methodology, but the way you try and position yourself as a scientist, while there is very little science in your work. Also, what science there is does not support any connection to Atlantis.

Near as I can tell the only connection you've made with the place Plato speaks about is that because Plato mentions the Atlanteans having agriculture and you've found evidence of early agriculture in the Middle East, therefore they have to be the same place.

Sorry, like I keep telling you, that's a little weak, erroneous and unscientific.

I think you need to hear it from a few other people besides me, though, so maybe you should run your theory by other people here, too. 
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: