Atlantis Online
April 16, 2024, 07:35:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 33784 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #450 on: December 29, 2007, 11:53:54 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-10-2006 11:37 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We are like Greek and Egyptian. I say a thing and you understand another thing. I want to summarize here on these 15 pages of writings about if Atlantis were in "your Atlantic Ocean" or no.

I haven't read all 15 pages, so I don't know what's there, but yes, I'd have to say it was in the Atlantic Ocean, as either a sunken island, city or part of an island. Where was it? Either the Caribbean, Azores, Mid-Atlantic, Eastern Atlantic, or off the coast of Spain of Morocco. Evidence has turned up in each of those places.

quote:
What the text says is clear: for Egyptian the Atlantic sea it was a no navigable sea, small and flooded. They do not say that a part of him was no navigable and flooded, as you it says. It does not say either that this happened only by a period of time. It does not say either that he was small in a portion. It does not say either that there were seaweed, as you maintain.

Jamie, for someone who wants to totally disregard just where Plato even places Atlantis (the whole point of the dialogue where it even gets it's name from), you're awfully picky about the mud. Point is, the Greeks or Egyptians probably didn't even have a word for seeweed.

Ja, ja, ja.

quote:
It is clear that the present Atlantic Ocean is the gigantic ocean that does not have any of those characteristics. It is not the same sea . To maintain that it is the same sea is to be simply blind. In general, nobody confuses a dwarf with a giant.

The mud is described by Plato as an aftermath of the landmass "settling down into the ocean," and Aristotle, too, mentions the mudoutside the Pillars of Hercules.. That was 2400 years ago, one would think it would stop settling eventually.

quote:
The other clear thing that I maintain and who you do not want to understand and that you have not been able to prove nothing in opposite, is that although the Egyptian could know that sea or the ocean, it is no only a document that proves that they called "the Atlantic Ocean" or that they knew its real characteristics, subject that is very far from being irrelevant as you say. It is a test of himself speak of that sea or no.

Jamie, I don't have to prove it. You're the only one here that even questions whether the Egyptians knew the Atlantic and the Red Sea and the difference. Anyone who has even looked into this at all can see that they did. Apparently, you're only doing it because it blows apart your theory. Well, good luck, cause you're going to run into it everytime you present your theory to someone educated in ancient history and, believe me, it's not going away.

quote:
Now, as far as which the Egyptians know America indeed, as you indicate, and that they talked about to that continent like the located territory the front of Atlantis, you have contributed no test either. Only conjectures.

They got it from the Phoenicians, who the Pharoah Necho II commissioned to SAIL around Africa, from the Red Sea to the Atlantic. You're going to get so sick of hearing his name by the time I'm done talking to you! I'm going to help you learn more about him.

quote:
I do not deny that the Canaanites or the Phoenicians or the Carthaginians knew that continent. On the contrary. I say that they yes knew it and that his ancestors, colonized the continent. Soon, they dealt with those new peoples, extracted copper, iron, tobacco, **** and perhaps many other products. But never they presented his secret. Either there is no test that another old western culture knew such secret. Without a doubt, there are rumours and commentaries on the Island of the Iron (present Brazil) or Hasperides Island, (Western Islands)... or about the route to them through Cabo Verde (Green Cape??) Island or Gorgadas Islands.

This starting point for the passage is not irrelevant, because it is the shorter nautical route between Africa and America, 800 leagues. Also from sea currents and winds are generated there that shorten the trip almost to half.

Columbus exactly crossed all the islands of the Eastern Atlantic looking for these islands to use this route. It finally discovered only the return way, with favourable tides and winds that the return way shortened to him to Europe. Also there is story mythical of this trip, like the one of Gilgamesh, who apparently travelled until The Andes in America. That old connection was, for millennia and until now, only in the scope of stories and legend. In any case, like data, I add this:

quote:

GARDEN OF the HESPÉRIDES
The Hesperides Islands are called thus by the city of Hespéride, that was in the borders of Mauritania. They are beyond the Gorgadas, in the limit of the Atlantic, towards where the marine abysses begin. In its gardens - according to they count the legend was a dragoon that watched gold apples. One says that there a so rough estuary by his trimmed borders is originated of the sea that who contemplate it from distant spot create to see the spirals of a serpent.

S. Isidoro of Seville, Etimologías, XIV, 6, 10

These are all good points, Jamie! So I won't say anything about them.

quote:
Now, about the existence of a island of 300 by 600 kilometers in tehe center of the Atlantic that undergo a collapse geologic, sink at heart of the ocean, between 9,500 BC and the 600 BC, either have no test. You present only small findings that not have the scientific recognition and which its have much of speculation.

This, for me is clear and evident yet that Plato was mistaken, who he interpreted bad to the Egyptians or Solon, and that Atlantis never was in the present Atlantic Ocean. I also conclude, who any rational and dispassionate analysis, based on the multiple already existing solid evidences, will conclude the same. This solid conclusion has already taken to many investigators to look for Atlantis in the Mediterranean and other places.

Now, if the analysis does not surpass the most basic test, it makes no sense to continue looking for in the Atlantic the other characteristics of the mythical island: bulls, elephants, channels, marine civilization, ring, etc.

The problem with this rationale, Jamie, is that you act that, just because something hasn't been found in the Atlantic yet, you act like it will never be found. Well, we don't know that. There are several different possibilities for Atlantis in the Atlantic as I listed above. One of the main criteria about Atlantis is that it "sunk," so obviously it's not still above water. If we look at this scientifically, it's pretty clear that a huge land mass can't sink, so we have to be looking for something smaller, an island or city perhaps and that's what sunk. There are many candidates in the Atlantic. 
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: