Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:33:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 32154 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #930 on: January 02, 2008, 02:59:41 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 01-27-2007 10:22 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks I am, I will try to remember. My computer (dialup) is so damn slow that adding a step is a real pain too.

--------------------
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #931 on: January 02, 2008, 03:00:30 pm »

I_am_that_I_am

Member # 1238

Member Rated:
   posted 01-27-2007 11:19 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dial-up..ewwww ! Check with Bellsouth(or whoever is major carrier) and ask about DSL light, I got it for 30 bucks a month. I'll pay a dollar a day to keep dial-up away !DSl light's ok, 256k download, strangly I average 160.

--------------------
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #932 on: January 02, 2008, 03:01:36 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 01-28-2007 01:43 AM                       
I know I am, it sucks in the worst way, but it only costs about 8 bucks a month. It's totally a financial consideration. I don't have cable or a cel either. One day soon I will have all that I suppose, but in the meantime I love the work that I do on line and off.

RE TV: I get 3 Canadian channels which are just great, esp. CityTV. Also 4 or 5 US channels.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #933 on: January 02, 2008, 03:02:33 pm »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 01-28-2007 06:41 AM                       
On the show( Digging For The Truth), it clearly showed the same naturely made form rocks on land, that Greg Little is looking at under water called the Bimini road. Also a soil sample of the Bahamas trying to place any people there.The sample dated 14,000 years ago, however it was said if there were people there, there should be some human atifacts right along with it and dated at the same time, but there is not. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #934 on: January 02, 2008, 03:03:26 pm »

Tom Hebert1
Member # 2835

posted 01-28-2007 06:51 AM                       
Hi Doc,

That's one of the places Josh failed, in my opinion. The land rocks he pointed to looked natural to me. On the other hand, the Bimini Road looks man made.

Also, I thought Josh's explanation about the anchors was truly ridiculous.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #935 on: January 02, 2008, 03:05:52 pm »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 01-28-2007 08:10 AM                       
Tom,there were the same holes found in the land rocks, not very good evidence. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #936 on: January 02, 2008, 03:07:05 pm »

Brig

Administrator
Member # 802

Rate Member   posted 01-28-2007 12:48 PM                       
Doc water erosion holes in rocks are what you are referring to. They are most ofen found in wet caverns or around where there have been wet caverns. Sometimes they pop up in areas where running water changes little over the years.

Rocks that are larger at the base and smaller at the top near where the hole is, are almost sure to be man made. Often scrape marks the inside of the hole, whereas water wear will be smooth. Stone anchors found by the Littles are almost certain to be just that...stone anchors.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #937 on: January 02, 2008, 03:07:56 pm »

I_am_that_I_am

Member # 1238

Member Rated:
   posted 01-28-2007 04:39 PM                       

quote:
On the show( Digging For The Truth), it clearly showed the same naturely made form rocks on land, that Greg Little is looking at under water called the Bimini road.

(I missed the show)
I am sure the rocks shown did not have wedge shaped blocks of different sizes underneath, keeping them level.

As to the "stone anchors", some had apparent wear marks from rope.

--------------------
KNOW that as ye do unto the least of thy associates ye do
unto the GOD within THEE that is in the image of the God
without.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #938 on: January 02, 2008, 03:08:39 pm »

George Erikson
Member # 1129

Member Rated:
   posted 01-28-2007 07:17 PM                       
Brig, I think you'll find this site of interest. It also has a map that I believe you asked for earlier. NGS has a better map of he Americas 12,000 BP but I don't have permission to transmit it. (I haven't asked).
www.mondovista.com 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #939 on: January 02, 2008, 03:09:25 pm »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 01-28-2007 08:18 PM                       
Well guys see the show:) it convinced me more of why Plato `s Atlantis could not have been in the Americas.   
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #940 on: January 02, 2008, 03:10:27 pm »

Tom Hebert1
Member # 2835

posted 01-28-2007 11:07 PM                       

I DID see the show, and found their treatment of the Bahamas to be superficial and dismissive. However, they were successful in convincing me that Atlantis could never have been in the Mediterranean.   
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #941 on: January 02, 2008, 03:11:18 pm »

Smiley4554

Administrator
Member # 332

posted 01-29-2007 09:59 AM                       

quote:
 Rocks that are larger at the base and smaller at the top near where the hole is, are almost sure to be man made.

Brig, this seems to me to be a very logical thing.

http://www.sportesport.it/anchors01.htm

http://www.spring.arbor.edu/ttwmk2/assets/TTWMK-ancfish-b4-20b.pdf

I thought I'd look these up. The site above shows a few of the types of stone anchors that were used in ancient time.

Most seem to have been irregular in shape.

quote:
Single-hole stone anchors
The ancientest anchor models were simple stone slabs, sometimes very large, that retained the vessels just thanks to their weight. Cheap but not practical, they were probably used also as loose weights. Several large single-hole stone anchors were recovered from the Poenician trade vessel sunk near Ulu Burum (Turkey) during the XIV Century B.C. (above, right).

It also convinces me that Atlantis was not in either the Americas nor the Mediterranean.

The idea that the stones and the holes were made by water not only did not convince me, but sounded like someone grasping at straws trying to disprove something.

The fact that the holes all seem to be in the same place (at the top of the stone) is quite obviously done by man - not water. I'm sorry, but that had to be the most absurd thing I have ever heard.

However, I will say that the places stretching from the Bahamas into the Mediterranean could, easily, have been the conquered land and peoples which Atlantis held.

Remember, the ONLY places they did not hold inside the Med were ATHENS (not the Greece we know today, but the same Athens), and EGYPT. No where does it say that they did NOT hold the islands & lands inside the Med.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this one out.

[ 01-29-2007, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: Smiley4554 ]

--------------------
"It is not what happens to you in life that matters. It's how you handle what happens to you that counts." Kim

http://www.panoramio.com/user/120220

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #942 on: January 02, 2008, 03:12:19 pm »

Wanderer

Member # 3286

Member Rated:
   posted 02-06-2007 10:52 AM                       

Brig there is a recent idea that ice flows brought people from Europe to North America. It is plausible that before the end of the last glacial period there were massive sheets of ice that could have broken off and stranded hunters or any nomadic people on them then which ultimately connected to North America. Could have brought Cro-Mags or Neanderthals though the latter rarely ventured farther than 10 miles from home on hunts. 
Report Spam   Logged

dhill757
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #943 on: January 11, 2008, 01:38:06 am »

Thank you for all your hard work, Bianca, I can only imagine how hard it must have been to copy all this entire topic anew!
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #944 on: January 12, 2008, 08:56:23 pm »

It was a privilege, dhill.  I treasure this thread!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: