Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:43:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 32158 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #435 on: December 29, 2007, 11:13:08 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 04-08-2006 09:31 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giants
In Homer’s book Odyssey (Book 9), Odysseus lands on an island of giant Cyclopes. Later the Greek historian Thucydides stated that the island of Sicily on the slopes of Mount Etna was the home of the Cyclopes. Giant bones and one eye skeletons were found there in the Middle Ages, but these bones were of mastodons, not humans. A mastodon skull looks like it has one giant eye in the center of its head.

This mastodon skull looks like a one eyed monster. 
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #436 on: December 29, 2007, 11:14:43 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 04-08-2006 10:09 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We know there were many myths in ancient history, however to find the true atlantis is in the time that it was recorded and that was in 600 bc. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #437 on: December 29, 2007, 11:16:11 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 04-08-2006 10:44 PM                       
If your a believer in Cayce of which I am, I was raised on him , knew a women that had a reading. I think most of know he was seeing the history of atlas, holding up the world in the past, present and future,in alter states mixed in on what was written. He could sleep on a book and remember what was witten, Plato`s writings were inclued. Cayce`s Atlantis was of flying machines, elevators, x ray machines, cloneing and laser technology that is happening now. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #438 on: December 29, 2007, 11:17:07 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 04-08-2006 11:01 PM                       
Personally I believe in cycles and whatever happened in the past will happen again.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #439 on: December 29, 2007, 11:18:19 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 04-08-2006 11:11 PM                       
A true Atlantian would know it was the destuction of Tartesso.

ME LLAMA MOTHER TARTESSOS

The Tartessos mother calls to me,

so many times called.

I looked for in the distant horizon,

I was beyond the desert,

beyond of the seas,

look for in recondite India,

in the Himalayas stops,

but ay, ...

I did not look for within my...

in my internal one infinitely...

in my internal distant one...

in my internal distant one...

but simultaneously next

that my own retina.

It was a slight scent,

like of orange blossom and wet earth...

something remembered to me...

I raised the Mountain...

and I saw your Guardian... I recognized it...

seized to the Entrance of the Mystic

and Fundamental 7ª Pyramid

of your Thot Son (the Atlante)

the one that Waits to you

the one that It wraps to you

The Guardian of Silencio

and suddenly I knew that to eras You.

I saw the ages without Time,

the Passed Lives,

my old encounter.

Once again, I found to you.

As I could tenerte without reconocerte,

whichever times it walks your beaches,

whichever times I shook your forests,

whichever times it shakes your waters

whichever times I sighed by You.

So blind I was,

so ignorante and unconscious...

Very subtle for cogerte,

as hard as for not sentirte...

now I will not leave you:

Your bells and Your voices,

although still buried and dirty,

soon they shone with the pure light and

the etérea beauty of Immortality.

So many years you slept Mother,

that your children no longer we remembered to You.

To the doors of the world we are,

before You we proclaimed your Honor and Memory.

Tartessos,

memory of Culture primigenia,

of Home first,

of a Solitude nonlooked for,

of mix-up and distance.

That nostalgia, Tartessos mother I have.

Those days of Unit,

so many races,

so many wealth without weight,

as much fundamental wisdom.

They see mother,

we are prepared for Hallarte,

déjate to find and With-to catch

Your Vastness crushes to us,

Your Unicity illuminates to us,

Your Light transfers to us. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #440 on: December 29, 2007, 11:19:32 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-09-2006 01:21 AM                       

quote:
Your opinion is funny. And a God that has children with one a mortal not is it? Or a God that makes rings in the Earth? Or Gods that meeting in a room for to decide a punishment to the men either? There are its not fantastic stories? There are its a facts, are its not allegorical?

There's no comparison!

On the one hand, we have one allusion to myth as to how Atlantis was originally founded, like the Greeks attributed everything to. On the other hand, we have almost the entire Bible filled with supernatural stories, many of which, like the Mesoptamian flood myth, to have come from other sources.

quote:
I have also said three times to you that are not the same the information into the hands of those who the things did - Phoenician - that the information of those who contracted the service, the Egyptians. The fact that a Brazilian astronaut trip with the Russians or Americans to the space does not mean that the Brazilians have the information and technology of the Americans or Russians to travel to the space, even though the Brazilians feel very proud for that reason.

You're saying that even though an Egyptian pharoah asssigned the Phoenicians this task they didn't tell him what they found? Jamie, that's a little silly, we still have the account.

quote:
quote:
Documented proof that the Egyptians knew their geography, knowing both where the Red Sea, the Atlantic Ocean and the Pillars of Hercules were. And it happened centuries before Plato even wrote of Atlantis! Stop ignoring it and just deal with it.

Another confusion. Although they had passed almost two hundred of years of when Plato wrote on Atlantis, but had passed such less than 40 years since Solon wrote on subject. And they did not speak either of the "Atlantic Ocean". For them, it was simply the region beyond of Libya.

Sorry, but that's a little silly, too. The point is that this is documented proof that they discovered the Atlantic Ocean, Red Sea and Pillars of Hercules, all before Solon even received the Atlantis tale from the Priests at Sais. You keep suggesting they didn't, the proof is right there that they did, so I guess it's good luck to you trying to convince everyone they didn't.

My own personal opinion is that they discovered it way earlier. The Hyksos invaded Egypt from Libya around 1500 bc., and I'm sure they knew of the Atlantic, too. Necho II was simply the first documented discovery. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #441 on: December 29, 2007, 11:21:46 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-09-2006 01:32 AM                       
Hi Docyabut, the reason I asked about Tartessus was because I found a much older date than 1000 bc on this site the other day, and it seems to be born out by the Roman writer Strabo:

quote:
Tartessus, a mythical city-empire of the Old Age

The existence of the Tartessian empire, for a long time discussed, is now a historic evidence thanks to historians like Gómez-Moreno, Schulten, Crossbowmen, García Bellido and Blázquez.

The oldest Iberian kingdom has already given us from the Copper Age samples of its culture, like the idol in the picture on the left; from the Bronze Age (2500-1000 B.C.) vestiges as more than 400 bronze objects discovered in Odiel (Huelva) in 1923; from the Iron Age treasures like the Carambolo (century VII-VI B.C.) and many texts.

The Tartessians lived in the valley of the Guadalquivir from the Bronze Age, and constituted a kingdom that extended to entire Andalusia and Murcia, dominating over other neighbouring peoples, like the Bastetanians, the Oretanians and the Bastulians, being the only great political creation of the Iberians. Their gods were the stars, they respected old people very much, they were hospitable and very liberal.

The last king of Tartessus, Arganthonios, reigned for 80 years.

According to Strabo, a complex network of canals radiated from Guadalquivir river; furthermore, the inhabitants of Tartessus, the Tartessians or Turdetanians, were the most cultured people of the Iberians: "having since ancient time writing in prose, poems and laws in verse that according to them were 6,000 years old"; at the age of Poseidonius, 100 years B.C., Tartessian literature was still conserved.

The Tartessian alphabet was different from the Iberian, and it is conserved in currencies of different cities. An inscription on a ring, found by Schulten in a Spanish fishing village, seems to be an example of the Tartessian writing. The picture on the left shows that inscription.

According to old writers the Tartessians were expert metallurgical, Diodorus tells that in the country was plenty of gold, silver and especially copper.

In the Bible there are many references to Tartessus (Tarsis); among them:

1 Kings 10,22 "The king had a fleet of ships of Tarshish at sea along with the ships of Hiram. Once every three years it returned, carrying gold, silver and ivory, and apes and baboons."
Psalm 72, 10 "The kings of Tarshish and of distant shores will bring tribute to him..."
Jeremiah 10, 9 "Hammered silver is brought from Tarshish..."
According to the Bible, Tartessus was famous for its riches, particularly its silver mines.
According to Poseidonius, they had a prosperous agriculture with irrigation channels, and olive trees and grapevine provided great harvests. Also cattle ranch was important with cows, goats, sheep and pigs. The extraction of salt was also a fundamental piece of the Tartessian economy, because they exported salt meats to Athens in the 5th century B.C.. Fish, and especially molluscs, was also largely sold. Tartessian ships arrived to the British islands, taking bronze kettles and shields, obtaining tin and lead in return.

Tartessus found?

The city has not found yet, although traces of big buildings were found, during the excavations done in a muddy soil, too close to the sea to allow further investigations. The ruins of Tartessus may be under water, or underground, hidden under hundred tons of mud.

Since 1905 some German archaeologists, among which prof. Schulten, Jessen, Herman and Hennig, began the quest of Tartessus. Many objects have been found, attributed to Tartessus civilization; jewels discovered near Sevilla (ancient Hispalis), vases and amphorae, and the famous "Señora de Elche" ("Lady of Elche"), a 53 cm bust (shown in the picture on the left), representing a woman with precious ornaments and jewels, discovered near Elche (ancient Ilici).

Hennig, Schulten and other German scholars considered Tartessus as a German colony, rather than an Atlantean one, because Baltic amber was found near Tartessus (or where they thought Tartessus would be). Furthermore, they based their assumption on the theories of an other German scholar, Redslob, who declared that prehistoric German tribes sailed and spread far away.

E.M. Wishaw, directress of Anglo-Spanish-American School of Archaeology, and
author of "Atlantis in Andalusia", carried out a research in the Tartessus area for 25 years. After she discovered a "solar temple" underground Sevilla, she is sure that Tartessus is buried under the modern city.

In the copper mines in Rio Tinto are ruins that date back to 8,000-10,000 years ago, making one thing to the Tartessian civilization. Furthermore in Ronda, an inner harbour of Niebla, there are very ancient waterworks, which make one thing to Plato and his description of Atlantean waterworks.

Ms. Wishaw disagree with her German colleagues that Tartessus inspired the tales on a lost continent, and she thinks that Tartessus was an Atlantean colony. She wrote:
"My theory suggests that Plato's tale exactly matches with everything we are finding out here, even the name of that Poseidon's son who inherited the part of kingdom beyond the Pillars of Hercules, Gadir, who was king of Gades, the modern Cadiz...".
She goes on:
"The wonderful and civilized prehistoric population I described came from prehistoric Libyan populations, which came from Atlantis to Andalusia in order to buy gold, silver and copper extracted from Rio Tinto mines; they, generation after generation, joined Iberian and African cultures together so tightly that Tartessus and Africa probably had a common race: the Libyan-Tartessian".

Ms. Wishaw wrote a list containing many other pre-Roman Iberian inscriptions, which nobody could translate, and noted that almost 150 alphabetic "characters" have been found in Libyan caves.

Conclusion

Tartessus is today one of the unsolved mysteries of our past; the city has not been discovered yet, but traces of buildings and other objects have been found near Huelva, at the mouth of the Odiel and Rio Tinto rivers (remember the ancient Rio Tinto mines), at the mouth of Guadalquivir, and other places, like Sevilla. This is not obviously a proof that Tartessus did really exist, but it demonstrates the existence of an ancient West Mediterranean culture, which could give us the answers to many questions about our past.

http://digilander.libero.it/theghost63/Tartessus/Tartessus_eng.htm

Anyway, it looks like the speculation that Tartessus is much older than 1000 bc might have something more behind it than was thought! 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #442 on: December 29, 2007, 11:23:19 am »

Jaime Manuschevich

Member # 3005

Rate Member   posted 04-09-2006 11:17 AM                       
About Atlantic Ocean:

In you line of arguments does not appear clear the difference between knowing and believing. You can suppose what you want on which the Phoenicians said or not to the Pharaoh. But never neither they speak of Atlantic Ocean. To say that Egyptian and the Greeks spoke of same place is only an assumption, a belief. Any certainty that does not exist thus it is. To the inverse one, the writing indicates to us that they say do not speak the same place. According to Egyptian the Atlantic of which they speak then it was navigable and soon it let be it, because it was flooded. It was not a great sea either. That is not clearly the same ocean or Atlantic Sea of which you or anyone at the present times it talks about. The solid and consolidated information of the geology, indicates to us that the only sea of the region that I stop being navigable and that was flooded is the Dead Sea.

And with respect to noisy case of Pillars of Hercules, as I said it above but, the Egyptians do not commit themselves. They do not say that they are those that the Egyptians call of that way, but that they indicate that the Greeks call it thus. This indicates to us that either they do not speak of the same place. I suppose that you know and are accepted by the investigators who the Pillars of Hercules could be other several places, such as Messina, Bosboro, etc. That it is what we are assumed...

About myths

Your attitude with respect to myths is something contradictory. Some you like and other no, so some you accept them and to other no. That is not very scientist. Based on the anthropology, I assume that all the myths have a true fact of bottom, which is exactly what there is to investigate. You know who the deluge begins to be accepted between the geologists. According to these studies he would correspond to the time of defrosting that is dating around the 10,500 BC. Peculiarly, it is the same date in which they are aligned the Pyramids of Gize. Apparently, once again the Bible is right...

About Tartessian

quote:
 According to Strabo, a complex network of canals radiated from Guadalquivir river; furthermore, the inhabitants of Tartessus, the Tartessians or Turdetanians, were the most cultured people of the Iberians: "having since ancient time writing in prose, poems and laws in verse that according to them were 6,000 years old"; at the age of Poseidonius, 100 years B.C., Tartessian literature was still conserved.

quote:

1 Kings 10,22 "The king had a fleet of ships of Tarshish at sea along with the ships of Hiram. Once every three years it returned, carrying gold, silver and ivory, and apes and baboons."
Psalm 72, 10 "The kings of Tarshish and of distant shores will bring tribute to him..."

According to the Bible, Tartessus was famous for its riches, particularly its silver mines.

Interesting truth? Although some think them thus, they are not the atlantian, but are others of their children, who maintained a link with the mother country for many time...

disappeared of Spain in 1492... jajajaja…

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #443 on: December 29, 2007, 11:24:34 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-09-2006 02:53 PM                       

quote:
In you line of arguments does not appear clear the difference between knowing and believing. You can suppose what you want on which the Phoenicians said or not to the Pharaoh.

It's irrelevant that you think that because we have the original account. How would we even have it if they would have kept it a secret.

Once again:

quote:
At the end of the seventh century B.C., the Egyptian Pharaoh Necho II, who reigned c. 615-595 B.C. commissioned Phoenician sailors to sail around the continent of Africa. Accordingly, he commissioned a number of ships manned by Phoenicians for the task. These sailed down the Red Sea and down the east coast of Africa. Every year they settled for a while on the coast, cleared a strip of land, planted a crop and, when they had harvested it, continued on their journey. In the third year they sailed through the Pillars of Hercules and back to Egypt again. They reported that as they sailed around Africa they had the sun on their right.

Maybe I should start printing that again each time you bring this up because you seem to keep forgetting it.

quote:
But never neither they speak of Atlantic Ocean. To say that Egyptian and the Greeks spoke of same place is only an assumption, a belief.

No, it isn't it's right there, the seas along the west side of Africa do happen to be the Atlantic. It's irrelevant if they actually called them that by name. The point is, they knew the Red Sea, Atlantic, Africa and the Pillars all before Solon, Plato or any of that business. Accept it.

quote:
Any certainty that does not exist thus it is. To the inverse one, the writing indicates to us that they say do not speak the same place. According to Egyptian the Atlantic of which they speak then it was navigable and soon it let be it, because it was flooded. It was not a great sea either.

Aristotle also describes the mud within the Atlantic, Plato is not the only one.

quote:
And with respect to noisy case of Pillars of Hercules, as I said it above but, the Egyptians do not commit themselves.

I suppose that you know and are accepted by the investigators who the Pillars of Hercules could be other several places, such as Messina, Bosboro, etc. That it is what we are assumed...

All the ancient writers place the Pillars at the modern Straits of Gibraltar, nut once again there is a very detailed description of the Atlantic, Mediterranean, etc.

It's only pure supposition that the Egyptians never said that on your part, we don't have the original Egyptian account, or even Solon's, only Plato's.

quote:
About myths

Your attitude with respect to myths is something contradictory. Some you like and other no, so some you accept them and to other no. That is not very scientist. Based on the anthropology, I assume that all the myths have a true fact of bottom, which is exactly what there is to investigate. You know who the deluge begins to be accepted between the geologists. According to these studies he would correspond to the time of defrosting that is dating around the 10,500 BC. Peculiarly, it is the same date in which they are aligned the Pyramids of Gize. Apparently, once again the Bible is right...

No geologists buy into the idea of a global flood so that's just pure bunk.

I don't buy into the mythology either Plato or the Bible puts in there at all, only the details they supply, because they are more scientific.

"Once again the Bible is right."

Well, that sure tells me a lot about where you're coming from, Jamie. If, on one hand, you want to believe everything in the Bible and are simply one of the many out there trying to use science to justify our own beliefs, that would mean you're not being scientific. I guess that would explain all the loose correlations!!

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #444 on: December 29, 2007, 11:25:45 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-09-2006 02:58 PM                       

quote:

quote:

Interesting truth? Although some think them thus, they are not the atlantian, but are others of their children, who maintained a link with the mother country for many time...

disappeared of Spain in 1492... jajajaja…

Hey, I'm just tossing that out there, no one know what date Tartessus was founded, or what it's connection to Atlantis was and since it has never been found, you aren't qualified to say what it's connection was.

We do have that ancient source from Strabo saying they were almost as old as Atlantis. I think that part of the Tartessus story could use a little more investigation. 
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 11:40:58 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #445 on: December 29, 2007, 11:42:10 am »

Jaime Manuschevich

Member # 3005

Rate Member   posted 04-09-2006 08:27 PM                       
The Biblical prophets, although you do not believe in these myths, indicated to the Jews and to the Phoenicians who run away to Tarsis when the Assyrian invasions began.

Also Salomon established three strategic political alliances: Saba (Yemen), Phoenicians and Tarsis... With that, the greater fleets, the Straits of Bab el Mandeb and the Pillars of Hercules controlled themselves, and with them the Red Sea the Mediterranean. With them the commerce to Israel flowed. Peculiar worthy strategy of a great wise person no?

The date of its foundation, according to its own declarations, its agree with the dates established by Hawkes for the expansion of peoples by the sea from east and with the date that I Also assign at the end of Atlantis.(5600 BC) and its agree with the founding of all the civilizations classic of the Middle East. Its aim agrees with the predominance of Carthage in the Mediterranean and the foundation of Cadiz. The operation of mines does not seem me either strange - Tinto river in special- previous to the date of foundation of Tarsis in the region, since the data of the first human mining are of 9000 BC in Canaan.

Here the texts of Hawkes.

quote:
"It seems that the main departure point for the diffusion of the Neolithic cultures towards the west throughout the Mediterranean was from Eastern extreme him of the sea... The oldest diffusion (to less of course, than it proves itself that ` was a phase pre pottering) is characterized by a type of ceramics with drawings printed before the baking, frequently with the edge of a shell. It is the ceramics of but the old establishment, the one of Mersin, and also apparently of Ram Shamra, [ Ugarit ], Biblos, and other syrian cities. Towards the west one always is in possession of the oldest agricultural communities, in Crete, Malta, the south of Italy, Sicily, the south of France and the coasts "Levantines" of Spain. Also one is in several small islands... affirms that the same tradition is represented in a series of places throughout the coast of Africa... All these tests indicate, then, towards a propagation of communities farmers by sea... This great diffusion could rather have begun from its Eastern sources before after the beginning of the fourth millennium; one has still not settled down how long demanded that it took the agricultural economy to France and Spain. Perhaps it is a period that exceeds the thousand years." Hawkes, Jacquetta. Ibid. Page 293.

quote:
 I don't buy into the mythology either Plato or the Bible puts in there at all, only the details they supply, because they are more scientific.
"Once again the Bible is right."
Well, that sure tells me a lot about where you're coming from, Jamie. If, on one hand, you want to believe everything in the Bible and are simply one of the many out there trying to use science to justify our own beliefs, that would mean you're not being scientific. I guess that would explain all the loose correlations!!

Ja, ja, ja... for that side, it is no the truck… I repeat: Based on the anthropology, I assume that all the myths have a true fact of bottom, which is exactly what there is to investigate.

I am not of that they think that science is needed to demonstrate beliefs. . I known to distinguish beliefs and facts very well. In myths we were the great knowledgeof the old world yet, that was enough more rational and concrete than it has shown to us Hollywood by almost one hundred years and the culture European by more by five hundred. The problem is that we do not understand them.

I already know clearly that ingnorantes they were not indeed the men of the old world. They thousands ago of years knew that the Earth was round, whatever measured, they knew the mathematics and geodesy very well, knew that the Earth turned around the sun, knew whichever planets had the Solar System, knew of the theory of the evolution, knew of big bang, etc, etc. Also they knew many of the global climatic change, process of which we continued being complete ignorantes.

And what happened with the nonnavigable Atlantic, small and flooded of that the Egyptians spoke? You already found it?

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #446 on: December 29, 2007, 11:43:05 am »

Jason

Member # 2807

Member Rated:
   posted 04-09-2006 08:40 PM                       
Ja, ja, ja?

Uh, translation, please..? 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #447 on: December 29, 2007, 11:44:02 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-10-2006 01:14 AM                       
Jamie, sure, most myths probably have some basis in fact, but unless you can say for sure where the myth ends and the facts begin, they are useless to us.

quote:
And what happened with the nonnavigable Atlantic, small and flooded of that the Egyptians spoke? You already found it?

I hope you're not really asking where a flooded area of the Atlantic is, it's an ocean, how can anyone talk about flooding? As for "nonnavigable," we've been through that lots of times before. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #448 on: December 29, 2007, 11:45:06 am »

Jaime Manuschevich

Member # 3005

Rate Member   posted 04-10-2006 06:46 AM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Jason:
Ja, ja, ja?

Uh, translation, please..?

hahahaha

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #449 on: December 29, 2007, 11:46:17 am »

Jaime Manuschevich

Member # 3005

Rate Member   posted 04-10-2006 11:40 AM                       
Desiree:

We are like Greek and Egyptian. I say a thing and you understand another thing. I want to summarize here on these 15 pages of writings about if Atlantis were in "your Atlantic Ocean" or no.

What the text says is clear: for Egyptian the Atlantic sea it was a no navigable sea, small and flooded. They do not say that a part of him was no navigable and flooded, as you it says. It does not say either that this happened only by a period of time. It does not say either that he was small in a portion. It does not say either that there were seaweed, as you maintain. It is clear that the present Atlantic Ocean is the gigantic ocean that does not have any of those characteristics. It is not the same sea . To maintain that it is the same sea is to be simply blind. In general, nobody confuses a dwarf with a giant.

The other clear thing that I maintain and who you do not want to understand and that you have not been able to prove nothing in opposite, is that although the Egyptian could know that sea or the ocean, it is no only a document that proves that they called "the Atlantic Ocean" or that they knew its real characteristics, subject that is very far from being irrelevant as you say. It is a test of himself speak of that sea or no.

Now, as far as which the Egyptians know America indeed, as you indicate, and that they talked about to that continent like the located territory the front of Atlantis, you have contributed no test either. Only conjectures.

I do not deny that the Canaanites or the Phoenicians or the Carthaginians knew that continent. On the contrary. I say that they yes knew it and that his ancestors, colonized the continent. Soon, they dealt with those new peoples, extracted copper, iron, tobacco, **** and perhaps many other products. But never they presented his secret. Either there is no test that another old western culture knew such secret. Without a doubt, there are rumours and commentaries on the Island of the Iron (present Brazil) or Hasperides Island, (Western Islands)... or about the route to them through Cabo Verde (Green Cape??) Island or Gorgadas Islands.

This starting point for the passage is not irrelevant, because it is the shorter nautical route between Africa and America, 800 leagues. Also from sea currents and winds are generated there that shorten the trip almost to half.

Columbus exactly crossed all the islands of the Eastern Atlantic looking for these islands to use this route. It finally discovered only the return way, with favourable tides and winds that the return way shortened to him to Europe. Also there is story mythical of this trip, like the one of Gilgamesh, who apparently travelled until The Andes in America. That old connection was, for millennia and until now, only in the scope of stories and legend. In any case, like data, I add this:

quote:
GARDEN OF the HESPÉRIDES
The Hesperides Islands are called thus by the city of Hespéride, that was in the borders of Mauritania. They are beyond the Gorgadas, in the limit of the Atlantic, towards where the marine abysses begin. In its gardens - according to they count the legend was a dragoon that watched gold apples. One says that there a so rough estuary by his trimmed borders is originated of the sea that who contemplate it from distant spot create to see the spirals of a serpent.

S. Isidoro of Seville, Etimologías, XIV, 6, 10

Now, about the existence of a island of 300 by 600 kilometers in tehe center of the Atlantic that undergo a collapse geologic, sink at heart of the ocean, between 9,500 BC and the 600 BC, either have no test. You present only small findings that not have the scientific recognition and which its have much of speculation.

This, for me is clear and evident yet that Plato was mistaken, who he interpreted bad to the Egyptians or Solon, and that Atlantis never was in the present Atlantic Ocean. I also conclude, who any rational and dispassionate analysis, based on the multiple already existing solid evidences, will conclude the same. This solid conclusion has already taken to many investigators to look for Atlantis in the Mediterranean and other places.

Now, if the analysis does not surpass the most basic test, it makes no sense to continue looking for in the Atlantic the other characteristics of the mythical island: bulls, elephants, channels, marine civilization, ring, etc.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: