Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:33:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 31745 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #405 on: December 29, 2007, 10:36:55 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 10:23 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So that not this in the world-wide press so gigantic finding? Nothing of that is validated by some type of organization or cientifica community...

It's a satellite photo, the area matches Plato, but has yet to be investigated yet.
Your criteria is way whacked. As I understand it, you don't have any scientific credentials either, but apparently want people to take your word for it that Atlantis was Israel.

There's no science in your work, Jamie. You have to throw out nearly all the things that Plato was talking about to even try to make it work and even then, it's still a bad fit, but, believe what you want.

quote:
I want to be clear. I do not say the Egyptians did not know of the Pillars of Hercules. Perhaps they knew, but not of the Atlantic and much less of America, as you indicate.

So they sailed through the Pillars of Hercules but didn't discover the Atlantic? Is that what you're saying? If so, how?

As for the Phoenicians never discovering America, well their coins have ended up in both there and the Azores, so of course they had been to both.

This whole argument that the Egyptians didn't know of the Atlantic is getting a bit weak anyway. Not only do those two passages I printed provide historical documention for finding it, the peoples of the Mediterranean were already establishing colonies in western Spain and trading with Tartessus, which existed at about 1200 bc, another six hundred years before Solon first heard the Atlantis story.

The Egyptians knew their geography, you just don't want to give them credit for it because it doesn't fit your theory.

quote:
The Phoenicians, Carthaginians and Cananites in general, they until death condemned to whom gave the secrets of his commercial routes... Was ultraclassified information. The Romans could not never obtain this data, although they looked for them...

The Romans are given credit by some for first naming the Atlantic Ocean.

Your point about the Phoenicians is again pretty hollow since the documents do say that the Egyptian pharoah commissioned them to sail around Africa. The geographic details wouldn't even be in the account if they had withheld them.

quote:
That is exactly the problem: We do not know if Greek and the Egyptians spoke of the same place . For me it is clear that while we at heart do not find an island of 300 by 600 kilometers sunk of the Atlantic, Plato was mistaken when established the position of the Island in that Ocean. And that is what there is to assume.

So we find an island 300 by 600 kilometers in the Middle East?? You're not even looking for an island in your theory, but making it a peninsula.

You're certainly entitled to believe as you wish, but Plato's dialogues not only name the Atlantic Ocean, but describe it pefectly, and I've shown evidence that the Egyptians knew all about it, too, in fact, they said their gods all came from there, from the "land of the west." 
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #406 on: December 29, 2007, 10:38:10 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 10:26 PM                       
Des, I have seen ancient maps before plato's time and the Atlantic ocean was named well before the Romans which gives more credit to our Atlantic Ocean theory.

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"
With loving reverence, I bow to Lord Vishnu!

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is." - Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #407 on: December 29, 2007, 10:39:24 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 10:32 PM                       
I think it was, too, but I think that the earlier name was something like "Atlantika Pelagos" or something like that, with the Roman name deriving from that earlier one.

quote:
Originally posted by nekozuki:
Jaime I still don't see how you're coming to the conclusion that Atlantis is in Israel. Don't you think this would clearly be written in the Old Testament?

I'll say, Neko! If it was, you'd think that the Bible would talk about this pre-Israelite Atlantean civilization, too! 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #408 on: December 29, 2007, 10:42:59 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 10:34 PM                       
Jaime you have yet to get around what I just said about the Old Testament. And no the Garden of Eden and Atlantis are not the same thing so don't even go there.

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"
With loving reverence, I bow to Lord Vishnu!

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is." - Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #409 on: December 29, 2007, 10:44:17 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 10:38 PM                       
That's what a lot of people, think, though, but Plato never describes it as the Garden of Eden! The Garden of Eden sure never had a circular city, racetracks, triremes, a military, fleet and all that other good stuff!
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #410 on: December 29, 2007, 10:45:19 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 10:40 PM                       

In fact it didn't have a civilization at all and Atlantis was not a paradise.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #411 on: December 29, 2007, 10:46:32 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 10:54 PM                       

Plus the Garden of Eden only had TWO PEOPLE in it. People keep forgetting that one little fact
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #412 on: December 29, 2007, 10:47:52 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 10:57 PM                       

Yeah and how only two people would start a civilization without other humans around is beyond me, unless you wanted to end up with a genetically deformed civilization...which of course there wouldn't be.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #413 on: December 29, 2007, 10:50:04 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 11:05 PM                       

Yeah, if you take it literally, there would have had to have been a lot of incest going on! The Eden story is a metaphor, but it has no connection to Atlantis either. 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #414 on: December 29, 2007, 10:51:14 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 11:10 PM                       
The only thing I could see in the Bible that has any relation to Atlantis is the Tower of Babel, but even that is a watered down version.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #415 on: December 29, 2007, 10:52:18 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 11:19 PM                       
Yep, that one, you sure can't fit the Noah's Ark story in there. People keep saying that the flood and the ATL catastrophe were one in the same, but the Noah story doesn't mention a civilization like Atlantis.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #416 on: December 29, 2007, 10:53:15 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 11:24 PM                       
Well, for me I don't exactly follow the Noah story, I follow the Manu story the hindu version which makes a lot more sense.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #417 on: December 29, 2007, 10:54:15 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 11:33 PM                       
Is the Manu story anything like the Noah story..?
Was the whole earth flooded in that one, too? 
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #418 on: December 29, 2007, 10:55:24 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 11:39 PM                       
I do believe it was the whole world that was flooded. The guy built a large boat and put animals on it....but there's a difference. Manu is first man of this era of civilization and he set down God's laws to the new civilizations...almost sounds like Thoth doesn't it? Funny though he was warned about the flood through Vishnu's fish avatar, just like Noah was warned by God.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #419 on: December 29, 2007, 10:56:26 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-06-2006 11:50 PM                       
Sounds like Thoth and sounds like Deucalion!
I'm not certain the whole world was flooded, but it's pretty certain that a big part of it had to be for the Greeks, the Middle East and India to all have similar stories! 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: