Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 04:16:56 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 34026 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2007, 08:01:13 am »

cicero
Member # 1871

Rate Member   posted 03-11-2006 09:59 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Apollo:
If you don't believe there's a possibility for a place named Atlantis to have existed in the Atlantic Ocean, what are you even doing here researching it?

Best stick to Troy, Crete, or some other "respectable" proposition, since apparently it's of greatest importance of you to save face.

Your charter is a joke. You have no findings yourself to present and have simply come here to leech off, while also apparently denigrating the findings of others.

Someday, someone will unearth Tartessos or some other likewise pedestrian solution to the problem and you will claim that was what you were looking for all along and even then, the search will go on. Why? Because people know a poor solution to a problem when they see it.

Dear lovely Apollo,
The charter is a joke? Your answer is a joke!
You seem to be able to imagine Atlantis only in the Atlantic Ocean ... *simile*
You say the charter would denigrate the hypotheses of others, but what are you doing with non-Atlantic hypotheses? *smile*
You say that the charter's initiators come without findings - well, where are your findings? *smile*
You are in favor of Tartessos? *smile*
Nice dreams!
Thorwald
*BIGSMILE*

--------------------
More quality in Atlantis research with the Atlantis Research Charter! http://www.atlantis-scout.de/charter.htm
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2007, 08:02:47 am »

cicero
Member # 1871

Rate Member   posted 03-11-2006 10:00 AM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Boreasi:
Cicero,
There is no doubt that the collective efforts on this forum have contributed to clearify the objective essentials of Plato's texts - as well as bringing in a number of other, scientifically proven, sources - which has given new and objective substance to the history behind the legend.

Ok, then - show me! Because, results hidden in thousands of postings are no results. Show me, where you collected all your results and your proofs.
Thx.
Thorwald

--------------------
More quality in Atlantis research with the Atlantis Research Charter! http://www.atlantis-scout.de/charter.htm

Posts: 112 | From: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged |   

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 03-11-2006 10:06 AM                       
Honestly, though how much research has been done to completely understand sea floors. (The moon has been explored more than the oceans, I don't know how many times I have explained that on this board)Atlantis could've been anywhere in the Atlantic, it may not have been a large continent or on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Look at the Bahama Bank which was actually above the water 12,000 years ago. The Celtic Shelf? The Azores Islands? I find the Bimini thing very interesting since it's right there with the Bermuda Triangle and there are supposed ruins there,hmmmmm? What about the Guanches who said their land sank into the sea, they sure did travel out of their way if it was in Northeast Africa or the Mediterrenean don't you think?

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"
With loving reverence, I bow to Lord Vishnu!

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is." - Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2007, 08:03:56 am »

Apollo

Member # 2018

Member Rated:
   posted 03-11-2006 12:48 PM                   
You have no findings, your charter is a a joke.
Apparently one of your main criteria is that Atlantis wasn't in the Atlantic Ocean while one of the few things that Plato is specific about was that it was in the Atlantic Ocean.
I doubt you've even looked in to detail even half the things you've been denigrating here, prefering not to explore those alternative because you feel you might embarass yourself.
And I don't support the Tartessos theory, my point is that will, no doubt, become the type of mundane solution of yours eventually.
As I said, best to stick to known quantities like Troy and Crete so as to keep your self-importance intact.
A smile, incidentally, is created by:

--------------------
"Whom the gods destroy, they first make mad."
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2007, 08:05:21 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 03-11-2006 06:44 PM                       
Think about it if Atlantis was on a land that was in plain site say like Egypt and Morocco, where are the ruins and culture now? I rest my case.

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

"Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is." - Lord Krishna, Bhagavad Gita

Posts: 1425 | From: Shreveport, La | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged |

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 03-11-2006 10:12 PM                       
You have to wonder why so many people insist on looking for Atlantis on dry land when Plato says it "sunk."
Afraid of swimming in the ocean maybe??
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2007, 08:06:31 am »

cicero
Member # 1871

Rate Member   posted 03-12-2006 08:51 AM                       

quote:
Apparently one of your main criteria is that Atlantis wasn't in the Atlantic Ocean while one of the few things that Plato is specific about was that it was in the Atlantic Ocean.
I doubt you've even looked in to detail even half the things you've been denigrating here, prefering not to explore those alternative because you feel you might embarass yourself.
And I don't support the Tartessos theory, my point is that will, no doubt, become the type of mundane solution of yours eventually.
As I said, best to stick to known quantities like Troy and Crete so as to keep your self-importance intact.

The only joke is ... your name "Apollo", the god of order, clarity etc.; if you want to take Plato's dialogues literally word for word ... *simile*
Thorwald
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #245 on: December 27, 2007, 08:07:25 am »

Apollo

Member # 2018

Member Rated:
   posted 03-14-2006 07:18 PM                   
Between the two of us, Cicero, you are far more amusing. You come here seemingly with the express purpose of insulting others in a meager effort to get them to join your charter while, at the same time, showing nothing of yourself to even remotely give you any crediblity.

There is no science in your posts, no knowledge of ancient history, no reference to archaeology,geology, or even mythology. I don't you even know who Apollo is.

And then, one of your main criteria: removing Atlantis from the Atlantic Ocean when one of the one things that Plato happened to be specific about was that it lay someplace in the Atlantic Ocean.

You're barely worth the time I'm using to answer this. From what I can see, you're just another in a long line of drifters that come through here, simply looking for attention. Even your insults are a bit lame.

--------------------
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #246 on: December 27, 2007, 08:23:50 am »

cicero
Member # 1871

Rate Member   posted 03-11-2006 09:59 AM                       

quote:
If you don't believe there's a possibility for a place named Atlantis to have existed in the Atlantic Ocean, what are you even doing here researching it?

Best stick to Troy, Crete, or some other "respectable" proposition, since apparently it's of greatest importance of you to save face.

Your charter is a joke. You have no findings yourself to present and have simply come here to leech off, while also apparently denigrating the findings of others.

Someday, someone will unearth Tartessos or some other likewise pedestrian solution to the problem and you will claim that was what you were looking for all along and even then, the search will go on. Why? Because people know a poor solution to a problem when they see it.

Dear lovely Apollo,
The charter is a joke? Your answer is a joke!
You seem to be able to imagine Atlantis only in the Atlantic Ocean ... *simile*
You say the charter would denigrate the hypotheses of others, but what are you doing with non-Atlantic hypotheses? *smile*
You say that the charter's initiators come without findings - well, where are your findings? *smile*
You are in favor of Tartessos? *smile*
Nice dreams!
Thorwald
*BIGSMILE*

--------------------
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #247 on: December 27, 2007, 08:25:02 am »

cicero
Member # 1871

Rate Member   posted 03-11-2006 10:00 AM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Boreasi:
Cicero,
There is no doubt that the collective efforts on this forum have contributed to clearify the objective essentials of Plato's texts - as well as bringing in a number of other, scientifically proven, sources - which has given new and objective substance to the history behind the legend.

Ok, then - show me! Because, results hidden in thousands of postings are no results. Show me, where you collected all your results and your proofs.
Thx.
Thorwald
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2007, 08:26:05 am »

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 03-11-2006 10:06 AM                       
Honestly, though how much research has been done to completely understand sea floors. (The moon has been explored more than the oceans, I don't know how many times I have explained that on this board)Atlantis could've been anywhere in the Atlantic, it may not have been a large continent or on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. Look at the Bahama Bank which was actually above the water 12,000 years ago. The Celtic Shelf? The Azores Islands? I find the Bimini thing very interesting since it's right there with the Bermuda Triangle and there are supposed ruins there,hmmmmm? What about the Guanches who said their land sank into the sea, they sure did travel out of their way if it was in Northeast Africa or the Mediterrenean don't you think?

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

Report Spam   Logged

BlueHue
Superhero Member

il mio va Piano, sono Asino ?

« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2007, 08:26:22 am »

Dear  . . . . TOM   HERBERT  &  THORWALD,

On mr Thorwald, and his MALTA theory:

I have read some excerpts of Thorwald on a German Atlantis-Website, wherein he insists that Atlantis was on . . . . no, not the Baleares, no, not: Cyprus,  no, not Sardinia, but : MALTA !" GEORGEOS' would love that , now he can fully fulminate that Atlantis was never on a Mid-Sea-isle but a MUD-Shoal near Marocco / Gibraltar !   ( What did TOM and the other double named Pseudonym fella( I forget !) say about MALTA or AZORES isle ?  That they were the site of Atlantis ?  Why not SALAMIS, in front of Athens? it has the pre-requisite( Horse-Shoe-)shape that main-Feature, that is NOT listed in the 50 reference points on which the enigma-Melos conference was built !

Inspite of an assembly of 50 academic-Atlantologists no consensus was attempted:
MAIN STUPIDITY:  Wrong spelled name : Atlantis in stead of: Ad-Land,  has sent ALL Atlantologists barking-up the wrong tree:
TWO ' Atlantis sank in the reign of King Erechtheus of ( New-)Athens in 855 bc and thus NOT in 10600 nor 9.000 bc
This is clearly stated by PLATO, yet everybody acussed me of making this chronology up ( Can't they read ?)

THIS is where ' GEORGEOS' thrives on, NOBODY seems to have READ Plato's Trialogue on Atlantis, just quoting does not mean that it is READ properly also !
' GEORGEOS' insists that Atlantis was a MUD-shoal on an Island in mid-SEA in front of Morrocco or Gibraltar !

YET PLATO wrote that Atlantis was NOT in any ocean nor an Isle: BUT a Promotory, ( Connected to the MAIN-Land by an Isthmus= TOMBOLO,) jutting out ( from the BEACH) far into the ( PONTOS-) SEA, and further-on was the REAL Ocean of which the PONTOS or Atlas-SEA was LIKE a narrow " Harbour"
You can check this in PLATO's CRITIAS Line-number:  111b.( I forget the exact wording ofcourse in my condition !)

As you know, it is my theory that Atlantis logically could not be in Europe, because that colony was founded after the Atlanteans entered this part of the world after the destruction of:  Atlantis-isle/nesos= Cape - Promotory" !

Sincerely " BlueHue " dd 27.dec-2007  Thank You BIANCA   !for that lovely   warm hearthed WaltDisney Xmas Card!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 08:43:55 am by BlueHue » Report Spam   Logged

( Blue's)THEORY, locating"original" Atlantis( in Aden-Yemen.)
1: ATLANTIS =Fake=Latin name, original Greek: ATHE(=a Region in Aden)
2: Atlantic-OCEAN=Greek: RIVER-of-Atlas+also" Known "World-OCEAN(=Red-Sea)
3: Greek-obsolete-Numeral 'X' caused Plato's Atlantisdate:9000=900
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2007, 08:30:30 am »

Blue,

This is the copy of an OLD thread from AR that we wanted to retrieve and bring here.
I am afraid the people you just addressed will not answer.

I hope you had a good Christmas.

Happy New Year to you, also!

Love and Peace,
Bianca
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2007, 08:31:14 am »

Apollo

Member # 2018

Member Rated:
   posted 03-11-2006 12:48 PM                   

--------------------

Posts: 192 | From: Mt. Olympus | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged |   

nekozuki

Member # 2762

Member Rated:
   posted 03-11-2006 06:44 PM                       
Think about it if Atlantis was on a land that was in plain site say like Egypt and Morocco, where are the ruins and culture now? I rest my case.

--------------------
" Om Vasudevaya Namaha!"

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2007, 08:34:24 am »

cicero
Member # 1871

Rate Member   posted 03-12-2006 08:51 AM                       

quote:

The only joke is ... your name "Apollo", the god of order, clarity etc.; if you want to take Plato's dialogues literally word for word ... *simile*
Thorwal
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2007, 08:35:33 am »

Apollo

Member # 2018

Member Rated:
Between the two of us, Cicero, you are far more amusing. You come here seemingly with the express purpose of insulting others in a meager effort to get them to join your charter while, at the same time, showing nothing of yourself to even remotely give you any crediblity.

There is no science in your posts, no knowledge of ancient history, no reference to archaeology,geology, or even mythology. I don't you even know who Apollo is.

And then, one of your main criteria: removing Atlantis from the Atlantic Ocean when one of the one things that Plato happened to be specific about was that it lay someplace in the Atlantic Ocean.

You're barely worth the time I'm using to answer this. From what I can see, you're just another in a long line of drifters that come through here, simply looking for attention. Even your insults are a bit lame.

--------------------
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #254 on: December 27, 2007, 08:37:20 am »

Apollo

Member # 2018

Member Rated:

--------------------
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: