Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 09:55:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ruins of 7,000-year-old city found in Egypt oasis
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080129/wl_mideast_afp/egyptarchaeology

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 32185 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #885 on: January 02, 2008, 02:08:57 pm »

Carolyn Silver

Member # 2287

Member Rated:
   posted 12-09-2006 04:26 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Schliemann Mystery, by Edgerton Sykes (a summary)

Edgerton Sykes very early interest in Atlantis as around 1912 and it was aroused by a Nov. 17th, 1912

Article in the 'Weekly Budget', called 'How I found the Lost Atlantis'. "Even after 39 years I can recall the excitement with which I read how Dr. Heinrich Schliemann, who had died in Naples in 1890, had, a few days before his death, handed to one of his closest friends, a sealed envelope on which was written "To be opened only by a member of my family who solemnly vows to devote his his whole life to the researches outlined therein", and, how a few hours before his end, on his death bed, had called for a pencil and paper, and had written: "Confidential addition to the sealed envelope-break the owl headed vase. Pay attention to the contents. It concerns Atlantis. Investigate the east of the ruins of the temple of Sais and the Cemetery of the Chacuna Valley. Important. It proves the system. Night approaches. Lebewhol". Paul Schliemann the grandson of Heinrich opened the letter and goes as follows:

1) I have come to the conclusion that the Lost Atlantis was not only a great territory between America and the West Coast of Africa and Europe, but the cradle of our civilization, as well. There has been much dispute amongst scientists in this matter. According to one group, the tradition of Atlantis is purely fiction founded upon fragmentary accounts of a deluge some thousand of years before Christian era. Others declare the tradition wholly historical, but incapable of absolute proof.

2) In the included material, records are to be found, the proofs, which exist in my mind of the matter. Whoever takes charge of this mission, is solemnly obligated to continue my researches, and to form a definate statement, using as well the matter I leave with this, and crediting me with my just dues in the discovery. A special fund is deposited in the Bank of France to be paid to the bearer of the enclosed receipt, and this should pay the expenses of the research. The Almighty be with this great effort".

3) When in 1875 I made the excavation of the ruins of Troy at Hissarlik, and discovered in the second city the famous Treasure of Priam, I found amoung that treasure, a peculiar bronze vase of great size. Within it were several pieces of pottery, various small images of peculiar metal, coins of the same metal, and objects made out of fossilised bone. Some of these objects, and the bronze vase, were engraved with a sentence in Phoenician hieroglyphics. The sentence read: From the King Chronos of Atlantis.

4) summary- he mentions his excitement of the discovery.

5) In 1883, I found in the Louvre, a collection of objects excavated from Tiahunaca in Central America-(This was obviously a misprint, either it should be Tiahunaca in South America, or Teohuatican in Central America. If the first is correct it would provide the earliest suggested link between the Lake Titicaca culture with Atlantis.) Among these I discovered pieces of pottery of exactly the same shape and material, and objects of fossilized bone which reproduced, line for line, those which I had found in the bronze vase of the treasure of Priam! The similarity could not be a coincidence. The shape and decorations were too simple for that. It is beyond the range of coincidence for two artists in such widely separated countries as Central America and Crete-(An obvious misprint for Asia Minor, and one which appears to have passed unnoticed by those critics of the story who seized on the first one)-to make two vases, and I mention only the one of the objects, of exactly the same shape, the same size, and with curious owl's heads arranged the same way on each.

6) The Central American Vases had no Phoenician characters upon them, nor writing of any sort. I hurried away to examine my own objects, and by tests and exhaustive examinations became convinced that the inscriptions had been made by other hands after the objects themselves had been manufactured.

7) I secured pieces of these simulacrums from Tiahuanaca-(Here the same observations as before regarding misprints applies)-and subjected them to chemical and microscopic analysis. These tests proved conclusively that both the Central American vases, and those from Troy, had been made from the same peculiar clay, and I learned later, further and definitely, that this clay does not exist either in old Phoenicia, nor in Central America.

Cool The metal objects I had analyzed because I could not recognize what they were made of. The metal was unlike any I have ever seen. The chemical analysis showed the material to be platinum, aluminum and copper- a combination never before found in the remains of the ancients and unknown today.

9) Objects then, perfectly similar and arriving unquestionably a common source, were found in such widely separated countries as these. The objects themselves are not Phoenician, Mycenean, nor Central American. What is the conclusion? That they came into both places from a common center. The inscription on the objects gave the center- it was Atlantis.

10) That the objects were held in great veneration is shown from their presence among the Treasure of Priam, and the special receptacle which held them. Their character left me no doubt that they were objects of sacred ceremonies, and from the same temple.

11) This extraordinary discovery, and my failing health, included me to push more rapidly my investigations. I found in the Museum at St. Petersburg, one of the oldest papyrus rolls in existence. It was written in the reign of Pharoah Sent (Senedi) in the Second Dynasty, or 4,571 B.C.. It contained a description of how the Pharaoh named, sent out an expedition 'to the West' in search of the traces of the Land of Atlantis whence 3,350 years ago the ancestors of the Egyptians arrived carrying with themselves all the wisdom of their native lands. Another papyrus in the same museum written by Manetho, refers to a period of 13,900 years as the reign of these sages of Atlantis, This papyrus places this at the beginning of Egyptian history; it approximates 16,000 years ago.

12) An inscription which I excavated at the Loin Gate at Mycenae in Crete (this should read Greece) recites that Misor, from whom, according to the inscription, the Egyptians were descended, was the child of Taaut or Thoth, the God of History, and that Taaut was the emigrated son of a 'Priest of Atlantis', who, having fallen in love with a daughter of Knig Chronos, escaped and landed after many wanderings in Egypt. He built the first temple at Sais, and there taught the wisdom of his native land. This full inscription is most important and I have kept it secret. You will find among the papers.

13) One of the tables of my Trojan excavations gives also a medical treatise of the Egyptian Priests-for there was communication between Crete (read Asia Minor) and Egypt for many centuries-for the removal of a cataract from the eye, and an ulcer from the intestines, by means of surgery. I have read almost a similar formula in a Spanish manuscript in Berlin, whose writer took it from an Aztec priest in Mexico. That priest had gotten it from an ancient Mayan manuscript.

14) summary- he goes onto to say Atlantis connected with Egyptians and Mayans and a land bridge was in the atlantic, and talks about the population of monsters, or a monkey-man like race.

15) summary- he mentions Ra, the Sun God of the Egyptians, and the Central Americans Sun Gods, and the Ra-Na of the Ancient Peruvians.

16)summary- he goes on concluding the technologies between the buildings of Mayans and Egyptians, and refers to the Egyptians as a yellow, not a black race. (This in modern times has been found not to be completely true, the race had many mixtures over time, or maybe originally a yellow race mixed in to along with a red race an into black? It might even be historically vice versa?)

17) summary- he brings up Le Plongeon about the Chichen-Itza club footed God as being a Thoth figure. (This may be from a Mercury association with the wings on feet, may have also became club footed king, or to keep the feet in the air longer as closer to heaven symbol.

18) summary- he mentions Humboldt's observation of the Pyramids or Temples across the ocean on either side like Choula's to Temple of Jupiter at Belus compared.

19) "In both America and Egypt, the Pyramids were built in the same style. I have found the pyramids on both sides of the Atlantic with their four sides pointing astronomically like the arms of a cross, in the same directions. In both, the line through the center is in the astronomical meridian. The construction in grades and steps is the same, and in both cases the larger pyramids are dedicated to the Sun."

Paul went to the French Bank where the envelopes were deposited and after reading the contents, took over the collection of objects, and after hesitating for several days proceeded to break the owl headed vase, only to find in it a square of the white silver like metal on which was drawn the strange figures and an inscription. On the obverse was engraved in Phoenician-"Issued in the Temple of the Transparent Walls". He observed that the neck of the bottle was to small for its insertion, so could only presume that his grandfather had had similar vases In his possession which he had broken.

Paul was under the impression that the vase itself came from Atlantis, but there is no evidence to justify this. The fact that the vase bore on it the inscription "From King Chronos of Atlantis", would indicate that at some later date, each of the medallions was enclosed in a vase for security, and that some of these vases bore this inscription. As there are a lot of owl vases in various museums, it would be of interest to have some of them x-rayed to see if any medallions are contained therein. Incidentally Chronos may well have been a Royal Title rather that the name of an individual. The remainder of the collection consisted of a ring of similar metal to the medallions, an elephant of fossilized bone and archaic vase, also reproductions of the map of use by the Egyptian captain in looking for the traces of Atlantis. " When Paul went to Sais, Egypt he found nothing, but he then met the acquaintance of an Egyptian, who showed him some objects he had taken from the nearby sarcophagus of a Priest of the 1st Dynasty. What he was shown was two medallions of the same type found like those found at Troy. Paul after his investigations in Sais went with two French Geologic experts and investigated the Atlantic Coast of Morocco at the points indicated by Heinrich. They saw signs of great volcanic activity in the region, and he found the head of a child in a white metal similar to the others, but encrusted with volcanic ash.

He said, " The full results of the survey I cannot go into here, they were immensely important, and are supported by other testimony than my own."

"Later he went to Paris, and persuaded the owner of the Central American collection mentioned by Heinrich, to allow him to break the owl headed vase, in which he found yet another metal, but with a different inscription. From there he proceeded to Central America, to Mexico, and to Peru. His excavations in the cemetary of the Chucuna Vally brought to light Owl headed vases but no medals, although he got some inscriptions, which he wrote, "will startle the world". Later at the pyramid of Teohuatican, he found further medals, but without inscriptions.

This brings the number of clues to six-

1. Medal from his grandfather's owl headed vase from Troy.

2., 3. The two medals of Sais.

4. The head from Morocco.

5. Medal from the owl headed vase from Central America.

6. Medals from the Teohuatican.

The use of medals as money are not correct for they would be votive as put in a vase as token receipts from the offering. Paul goes onto say:

"Among the facts which I have to reveal in my book, there are clear indications of the site of the City of the Golden Gates, and two clear references to the Temple of Transparent Walls".

"Did the word Transparent have a symbolic meaning or did there really exist a structure with transparent walls? It is not known. However, I can prove that the Phoenicians got their knowledge of glass-making from the people who lived beyond the Pillars of Hercules".

Edgerton Sykes then points out that Le Plongeon in his discussion of the Troano Codex, which is in Madrid at that time, had an explanation of the Land of Mu sinking with volcanic and seismic forces

Which occurred 8,600 years before the codex of 1550 (unless a handed down book story) i.e. before

7,500 B.C. Also, H.S. Bellamy points out that Le Plongeon if even incorrect in his interpretation of the Codex had some kind of a flash of awareness about the codex within Le Plongeon's exception as a reference to the Ten Realms, and the Loss in One Night?

It is regretted when the true origin of this codex started in story. But, if Paul had seen Le Plongeon's next text point or not remains to be seen, or if it is a lead Heinrich handed by idea through Le Plongeon's theory over to Paul's pointed out discovery is unknown. The Le Plongeon point was this:

The Chaldean Inscription of 2,000 B.C. From

The Walls of a Buddist Temple in Lhasa

"When the star Bal fell on the place where is now only the sea and sky, the Seven Cities with the Golden Gates, and their Transparent Temples, quivered and shook like the leaves of a tree in a storm. And behold a flood of smoke and fire arose from the palaces." The next referance is about Ra-Mu, which recalls Heinrich's Ra-No, or Ra-Nu?

Paul may have died just before or after WW 1, but his wife probably submitted this article of information converted from German to the Hearst Press, and we come to the final questions of this matter?

a) What was the name of the Paris bank in which papers were deposited?

b) Who was the surviving member of the family from whom the envelope was obtained?

c) In what bank were the funds deposited for the research work?

d) Who were the two French geologists?

e) Who was the Parisian friend of Heinrich who had the Central American material in 1883?

To this day these questions I have not seen information on?

Webmaster- One aspect of the conclusion is that the 'Transparent Walls' is one of the oldest references to Atlantis in building description known. References to it are so old the go back to the 2nd and 4th Dynasty of Egypt, and have been slightly mentioned in the Sumur historical stories or myths.

This means that Cayce, Le Plongeon, and Schliemann although controversial in accounts only back actual Egyptian, Buddhist, and Persian texts which were not available to most of theses three men in with translations made in their day, and two for sure did not get the information from the same source. There is also a time lag of 10 to 20 years from when they mentioned to another source confirming these associations. The only source that all three men may have read is the "Thousand and One Arabian Nights" which has some Arab myths, that have some ancient folklore texts in regards to oral beliefs about the past. Even though it is a vague reference it is not out of the question that if the translucent material was not glass, or a Lucite, it was no doubt of crystal work. Be it metaphor, or actual capability, the stone monuments of cyclopean masonry with its stones of very hard material dating back to pre-Cycladic type cultures or 7,000 B.C. is not out of the question as being possible. For any material like this even if it lasted after the Atlantean destruction's would be well sought after and broken up as mystical tokens of the past over time, and be as venerated as a meteor rock when it falls from heaven to make a temple upon. The closest modern found analogy is the mica, and flint buried in Indian Mounds would be considered of a translucent quality, which we make to this day as components for fine glass. There is an element of historical truth and indicating of great antiquity in its discovery of use for special temple walls i.e. lined as found in China in the Emperor tombs and connected with Pyramids?

The Origin of the Cuba and Atlantis Point- 'Cuba and Atlantis', by Feo Garcia Jucres, Pre. Of the Cuban Institute of Archaeology, March 1952

The point being that the reference of 'Cuba' linguistically meaning 'place of the dead' based on a cemetery name i.e. 'Cuba', and the related astronomy around the Isle of Pines ***** del Este

was a report by E. Sykes who was the first to point out about the Cuba-Haiti connection as 'passion islands' not vice versa which he took from another earlier source.

http://geocities.com/MotorCity/Factory/2583/schliemann.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: