Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 03:13:27 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 31716 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #510 on: December 30, 2007, 07:57:03 am »

Jaime Manuschevich

Member # 3005

Rate Member   posted 04-20-2006 08:34 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Rich:
Jaime,
Nothing wrong with having controversial opinions. The israel/lebanon area is interesting because of an old history, and a location in between Greece and Egypt. A diversity of opinion is a good thing.

I personally don't like Israel or the timeframe, but that timeframe has been chosen by others before. Usually 5600BC is chosen because of the Black Sea flood. Would Israel know about the Black Sea flooding?

I agree with some of your controversial points, and not on others... I even have my own controversial thoughts...
"Tyrrhenia"
-- This term is not invented until the trojan war. I think it should read Trinaerian Sea, from the Argonaut story.

"Okeanos"
-- Following a discussion from Herodotus, Okeanos was a rain god who fills all the rivers and seas from above.

"You say that the Greeks considered that Gibraltar is narrow."
-- 90 kilometers is pretty far in my opinion.

"the Atlantic was navigable"
-- Not sure about this translation... anyways... a river makes more sense here to me than the Ocean. Hellesponte seems reasonable as well.

There are at least 2 rivers that in greek mythology change from navigable to un-navigable. One is the strymon river in the Hercules legend. Made un-navigable by Hera. Strabo also mentions the Gallus river in Phrygia, near the Hellesponte.

As in this page we dealed with the subject the Atlantic... In Atlantis in Israel there will be an answer to your question on the theory of Israel. Soon I will comment on the other subjects raised here.

Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: