Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 05:00:00 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 32079 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #465 on: December 29, 2007, 12:10:29 pm »

Jaime Manuschevich

Member # 3005

Rate Member   posted 04-12-2006 11:28 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now we discussed if Atlantis were in America?

Each line or word of the myth is important... For that reason the anthropologists emphasize the subject of the bull, that as I said to him before, based on Canetti, a very important roll in that culture plays, because is the "ancestor animal". In order to understand the subject it is necessary to read to Canetti.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 A lot of people say that they do that, Jamie, but, once again, sorry, but I haven't seen evidence of any of the sciences in your work. I get the feeling you didn't even know about the Pharoah Necho II's trip around Africa until I told you about it, and your ideas about Atlantis reference Ignatius Donnelley's more than Plato's. I'm actually not all that sure you even read Plato, at least until recently.

I see that you prefer to follow your own intuitions that to investigate the data. The subject from return to Africa by the Phoenicians in that period studies here in the secondary school in Chile. And I assure to you that I corrected to professors of history with 12 years old. Also to that age I made my first works of investigation of history of Chile, with the support of one of the best Libraries of Chile, the one of the National Congress. This library that was not open to the public, but as my mother worked in that corporation, I could have the privilege to use.

I had the fortune to have a very cultured father and grandfathers, both lawyers, who loved the history and that had a personal library with more than 5 thousand books. Our "tablecloth" conversations, often turned on this subject. Also in the University, I obtained the best qualifications in that matter. Ah, and studies to Plato from the high school ... and in the university, Greek. That is to say, I do not need to learn of history in internet or wikipedia, without unknown its utility like tool of investigation. To the 14 years, none important historian was to me stranger, had read to Will Durant, Mommsem, Spengler, Greenberg, Evans and many other historians of reputation. Also I studied historiography and philosophy of history.

And I do not need to try to discredit to anybody to affirm my own ideas. I either do not like to question the beliefs of anybody, but I separate its of the facts.

Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: