Atlantis Online
September 16, 2019, 07:08:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 7573 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #450 on: December 29, 2007, 11:58:57 am »

Desiree

Member # 2991

Member Rated:
   posted 04-11-2006 09:59 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The problem with yours position that it is speculative, philosophical or logically spoken. Perhaps that is good for the philosophy, but it is not sufficient for scientific research work. I cannot base science or the investigation in which its could happen, without concrete antecedents or data. The scientific research is based on data and the analysis and interpretation of them. A hypothesis based on data rises and they are to confirm. If not to confirm itself, the hypothesis is mistaken. I cannot interpret nothing on data that do not exist, on nonexistent antecedents. Into your concept, there would be angels, extraterrestrial, dragoons, mutants, magicians, because like it is not possible to be proven that they do not exist, is possible that they exist. But in the scientific work, the method is the other way around: what it does not exist, does not exist.

What that statement fails to take into account, Jamie, is that you're the one who has no science, evidence, artifacts, archaeology, geography or even geology to support your point of view. You make loose correlations based on Bible stories, of all things, nothing more, and disregard all of Plato to try and make your case which is, at best, a little weak. Sorry, but it is. Not only that, each time I put evidence up supporting it, you ignore it, rather than deal with it. You keep trying to assume the mantle of a scientist, but you're not really applying any science to any of this. You're making loose associations based on science that someone else has already done and trying to link them to things that Plato didn't even say. You're not even doing any field work into any of this, that I know of anyway. Is there even a specific site in Israel that you've picked out to be Plato's capital city? Cause I sure haven't seen any, and yet you dismiss all the traditional Atlantic hypothesis for something you haven't even uncovered yourself.

As for "angels, extraterrestrial, dragoons, mutants, magicians," since you're citing the Bible as your chief source, I can only assume that you believe in most of those things, since they're all in the Bible, in one version or another. I can only imagine how long it will be before you begin referring to references to the parting of the Red Sea or Noah's Ark as part of the Atlantis myth as part of your "scientific proof." The Bible is a complex web of myth, allegory, morality lessons and some history. It was probably never even meant to be taken literally.

Not buying it, I don't expect many else to either, either in or out of the scientific community you seem so eager to try and impress.

quote:
Now, when you opening to possibility that Atlantis is smaller of which said Plato, you are assuming that he was mistaken. Then, it was not possible to be mistaken Plato in other things? Why to criticize the idea that it can be elsewhere more logic or coherent with the civilization history that we know? So that we cannot think perhaps that we have the correct data, but badly interpreted? During a long time, the science of the medieval West badly processed the data of the turn of the sun and the Earth.

Of course, Plato could have been mistaken in other things, but you're basically throwing out the account to the point of not even using it at all. There's nothing even resembling the place that Plato spoke of in your selection: no circular city, not an island, no flat rectangular plain, not in the Atlantic, no concentric circles, I could go on, but what's the point? We basically keep going over the same ground here, and since you've admitted you only believe Israel to be Atlantis because of your belief in the Bible, that pretty much shows you're not using any science to support your claim, but simply religious faith.

Fine, but once again, the Bible has nothing to do with Atlantis.

As for Atlantis being smaller, that's only common sense. Of course, if something sunk in the ocean, it would have to be something smaller: islands and cities can sink, continents can't. 
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: