Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 10:07:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 31756 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #345 on: December 28, 2007, 04:29:14 pm »

Jaime Manuschevich

Member # 3005

Rate Member   posted 03-30-2006 12:42 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Desiree:

With respect to Bimini, raised by you previously, I put here two opinions of experts, which I share:

About “Atlantis Road”:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 “In the Bahamas, pilots and divers wondered for years about the so-called "Atlantis Road” a long row of seemingly connected stone blocks in about 15 feet of water. Gene Shinn of the St. Petersburg office of the U.S. Geological Survey became fascinated by the story and investigated in 1978. His conclusion: The blocks are natural, caused by a combination of sea level rise and erosion."

About Yucatan Channel:

quote:
 Ballard said he has heard of the formations in the Yucatan Channel but is not convinced they are the work of humans.

"That's too deep," he said of the 2,000-foot site. "I'd be surprised if it was human. You have to ask yourself, how did it get there?

"I've looked at a lot of sonar images in my life," Ballard said, "and it can be sort of like looking at an ink blot -- people can sometimes see what they want to see. I'll just wait for a bit more data."

http://www.sptimes.com/2002/11/17/Worldandnation/Underwater_world__Man.shtml
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: