Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 06:51:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 32130 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #300 on: December 28, 2007, 02:36:04 pm »

Jaime Manuschevich

Member # 3005

Rate Member   posted 03-25-2006 11:04 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That somebody finds anchors Phoenician only test that the old Semitics peoples arrived to America. Nothing else. In the personnel I maintain that these old peoples colonized America does about 7 thousand years. Without a doubt which there many more evidences are of and probably its will appear more in the future. Do you know the work of Richard Sullivan about paleo astronomy and religions knowledge? Do you know about the ruins of Caral?

With respect to Bimini, who demonstrated that the rock road is made by him man? All the evidences that I know say the opposite.

Also for me it is clear that the centres civilized of do 7 thousand years and were more in the Middle East and not in other places of the Earth.

With respect the contradictory thing that is to follow affirming that the Atlantis was in the Atlantic Ocean, I transcribe a text of Sarmast that seems very clear to me on him subject.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 The records which the Egyptian priests gave to Solon was handed down religiously for nine thousand years (counting from 2,600 B.C.). That's 11,600 years ago.

The people who recorded the intricate details of the island must have been there to see it before it was taken out of view by the flood. That's obvious enough. This means that the original authors were living in prehistoric times by anyone's standard.

What should be kept in mind is that the original account never mentioned an "Atlantic Ocean" or a "Strait of Gibraltar," as you know. So, to say that the Pillars of Hercules and the Sea of Atlas are synonymous with the Strait of Gibraltar and the Atlantic Ocean is an assumption, not fact. These assumptions were made by Solon, Plato and numerous other parties ever since the original records were presented in Egypt, and later translated and heavily interpreted.

In short, to say that the pillar of Hercules is most definitely the Strait of Gibraltar is the same as saying that people living 11,600 years ago in the Near East not only were aware of the Gibraltar Strait but also had a name for it, and used it as a common point of reference! In other words, it would be like saying that prehistoric men knew what existed at the westernmost edge of the European continent, at a time when nothing remotely close to a civilization existed anywhere near the region.

We should bear in mind that the source of the Atlantis legend comes from the eastern Mediterranean, and that even in Solon's day travelling simply from Athens to Egypt was an adventure. We should also remember that if Atlantis was the source of all civilization, then its impact should be witnessed by surrounding lands that have the earliest signs of civilization. That's the Near and Middle East, not western Europe. Culture was imported to Europe in recent times, relatively speaking.

Look about my theory here:
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001541;p=1

--------------------
Jaime Manuschevich
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: