Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:48:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 64   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATLANTIS & the Atlantic Ocean 1 (ORIGINAL)  (Read 31837 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2007, 05:30:48 pm »

Dreamweaver
Member # 2057

Rate Member   posted 08-13-2004 12:18 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm actually not convinced that Atlantis and Eden were the same thing either."

Neither am I, and I think that when people imply this it creates a lot of confusion. There is far more reason to believe that Eden lay in Africa, the Middle East or Asia. Migration largely seems to have moved westward, with the ancient Greek and Egyptian civilizations, among others, likely having their roots in ancient Vedic culture. (http://www.sulekha.com/expressions/articledesc.asp?cid=306520).

But we should keep in mind that the Atlanteans were described as foreigners to these people - not their ancestors! Equating Atlantis with Eden is what prompts many people to place it in one of the other locations, because if Atlantis were Eden, or the cradle of all civilization, it would seem ludicrous to place it in the Atlantic Ocean.

If I am to believe Plato’s words exactly when it comes to the date, size and location of his Atlantis - which I’d prefer to do in spite of keeping an open mind to other theories as well - then I can only assume Atlantis was just one of many civilizations which thrived during ice age. It may have been home to a beautiful land that seemed like paradise by all appearance, but its people eventually rose to great power, sought dominance over the whole world, and were nearly extinguished in a great cataclysm. But I see no reason thus far to believe it was actually Eden.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 64   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: