Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:17:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Universe - The Complete Season One

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Universe - The Complete Season One  (Read 170 times)
Garrell Hughes
Superhero Member

« on: December 14, 2007, 11:08:31 am »

The Universe - The Complete Season One (History Channel) (2007) (4 DVDS -- 705 Minutes)
From the History Channel
BuzzFlash.com's Review (excerpt)
Review from DVDauthority.com:

A series titled The Universe has a lot of ground to cover, but even in this first season, the show does just that. These fourteen episodes provide an in depth, exhaustive look at the universe that surrounds us. The series tries to answer some big questions, or at least offer as much information as possible, to give us a clearer perspective. The planets are explored in depth, as are the sun and moon, as well as the stars that dot the universe. But the show doesn't just give us basic information on the planets and such, it also covers topics related to the reaches of space. The prospect of life on other worlds, how the universe started, how it has evolved, and even what lies outside the small portion of space we're familiar with, these are just some of the issues covered. The information is complimented by some memorable visuals, from archival elements to more recent footage to computer generated animation, all of which helps bring the universe to life.

I knew The Universe would be a great series, given The History Channel's excellent track record, but I have to say, the series surpassed all of my expectations. When I saw this was Season One, I figured there would be a nice start to the series, but instead, these episodes are loaded from start to finish. There is so much insight packed into these four discs, if there is a Season Two, I can't wait to see where the series goes from here. As you'd expect from The History Channel, the information is well researched and presented in a way that keeps the audience interested. This is accomplished through insightful expert interviews and as I mentioned above, some terrific visual materials. Some of the space footage is spectacular and makes me wish for a high definition release, as these visuals are beautiful. The animation sequences are also effective, but for me, it is the actual space footage that really shines in this series. If you have even a slight interest in this kind of material, The Universe is simply a must see release and as such, earns a high recommendation.
Read The Full Review >>>
http://www.buzzflash.com/store/reviews/883
Learn More >>>
http://www.buzzflash.com/store/items/883
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: