Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 11:14:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Question of Morality (Original)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Question of Morality (Original)  (Read 8914 times)
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2007, 10:58:30 am »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 03-16-2005 08:17 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In answer to your question, Miss Poe, no, I for one, expect to make no converts here. It is quite apparent to all how steeped each of you are in your heathenistic, atheistic ways. Escpecially you. I am both offended and outraged by you morally bankrupt remarks, then each time you say something here, it just goes to confirm my earlier appraisal of you as a woman of low moral character.
You will each be told what to do and will obey, though, for it shall be made the rule of law.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2007, 10:58:42 am »

Felecia

Member # 2191

posted 03-16-2005 08:24 PM                       
Oh, give it a rest, godless one. You haven't even been able to take anyone in this forum, how is your brain dead kind going to take over the world? If your kind ever took over the world, Calvin "Noble," the world would not be able to stop laughing at both your shameless hypocrisy and apalling ineptitude.
Posts: 123 | From: the Seventh Heaven | Registered: Nov 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2007, 10:58:59 am »

Morrison

Member # 2156

Member Rated:
   posted 03-16-2005 08:32 PM                       
Actually, for me, this whole "dialogue" poses some interesting questions.
If Roe vs. Wade is overturned, making abortion illegal, of course, I imagine a doctor would go to prison for performing an abortion.

What would happen to the woman having the abortion? Would she be liable for any charges, too?

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #78 on: December 18, 2007, 10:59:15 am »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 03-16-2005 08:40 PM                       
A good question. The woman having the abortion, like the doctor, would also be considered party to murder, too, so yes, ideally, in our minds at least, she, too, should be sent to jail.
There must be no half measures on this, we must protect the lives of the unborn. Either you're interested in protecting the unborn child or you are not.

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #79 on: December 18, 2007, 10:59:29 am »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 03-16-2005 08:40 PM                       
A good question. The woman having the abortion, like the doctor, would also be considered party to murder, too, so yes, ideally, in our minds at least, she, too, should be sent to jail.
There must be no half measures on this, we must protect the lives of the unborn. Either you're interested in protecting the unborn child or you are not.

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #80 on: December 18, 2007, 10:59:54 am »

Felecia

Member # 2191

posted 03-16-2005 09:08 PM                       
Why shouldn't any on attack you, Calvin "Noble"? You're a mere caricature, a hideous laughingstock of a person. You are bigotry disguised as religion. Hatred disguised as compassion. Lies disguised as truth. Satan disguised as God!!
Some here believe that others are being too hard on you. I say they aren't being hard enough.

[This message has been edited by Felecia (edited 03-16-2005).]

Posts: 123 | From: the Seventh Heaven | Registered: Nov 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #81 on: December 18, 2007, 11:00:20 am »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 03-16-2005 09:36 PM                       
Well, this topic has hardly turned out as I envisioned it to be.
I think, once again that we each fall into the trap of judging each other, with Calvin, of course, being the worst of them all.

For a moment, let us try to imagine the most flawed, the most morally defective being that has ever come into existence, whatever our definition. Calvin, do you really imagine that your God, my God, any God we might imagine, would want you to demean that person or would God want you to help him instead?

Posts: 446 | From: citizen of the world | Registered: Oct 2004   

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000251;p=3
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2007, 03:10:37 pm »

Author  Topic: The Question of Morality 
Felecia

Member # 2191

posted 03-16-2005 09:08 PM                       
Why shouldn't any on attack you, Calvin "Noble"? You're a mere caricature, a hideous laughingstock of a person. You are bigotry disguised as religion. Hatred disguised as compassion. Lies disguised as truth. Satan disguised as God!!
Some here believe that others are being too hard on you. I say they aren't being hard enough.

[This message has been edited by Felecia (edited 03-16-2005).]

Posts: 123 | From: the Seventh Heaven | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged |   

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 03-16-2005 09:36 PM                       
Well, this topic has hardly turned out as I envisioned it to be.
I think, once again that we each fall into the trap of judging each other, with Calvin, of course, being the worst of them all.

For a moment, let us try to imagine the most flawed, the most morally defective being that has ever come into existence, whatever our definition. Calvin, do you really imagine that your God, my God, any God we might imagine, would want you to demean that person or would God want you to help him instead?

Posts: 446 | From: citizen of the world | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged |   

KMFDM

Member # 2154

Rate Member   posted 03-16-2005 10:03 PM                       
'The most flawed, the most morally defective person I see here is Calvin. Man, it's no wonder that slob Bush got a second term with pinheads like Calvin in the world to vote for him. You just haven't got a clue about anything, do you, man?

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2007, 03:10:57 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 03-16-2005 10:19 PM                       
Please, no politics.
Perhaps a more positive tract to take on this discussion would be how morals have changed throughout history as opposed to each of us pontificating in the morals that each one of us might have now.

Let's make this a proactive discussion.

Posts: 446 | From: citizen of the world | Registered: Oct 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2007, 03:11:13 pm »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 03-17-2005 04:36 AM                       
How morals has change through out history ? We all know the ancients were in the loose and in the dark on sexual behavior however we know so much today about the risks of STD. Yet they are forcing the dangers of cigerette smoking to the health, however as far a STD, its all so hush hush and use protection?
When are they going to start really telling the people the truth, that a simple condom is really not a protection, just like with a pregnancy. Any one is really dumb or senseless to think that.What I`m concern about are innocent children growing up with these lies ,and how our society pictures having many many mates as ok. As a free society we can`t legislate moral behavior, but we sure as hell can stop sending kids the wrong messages.

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2007, 03:11:30 pm »

iwannano
Member # 2255

Rate Member   posted 03-17-2005 05:56 AM                       
I quit. This is going nowhere. I appreciate everyones passion but defining morality like good and evil or the nature of god is just too subjective. The same for politics. I was always told never to discuss either and these threads prove that to be good advice. I came to this site for information and fun and I'm gonna get back to that. Good luck to you all.
Posts: 178 | From: River Ridge, La. USA | Registered: Dec 2004
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2007, 03:11:57 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-17-2005 08:39 AM                       
I wannano, I agree it is going nowhere.
Dawn, I also agree with you, everyone heaping judgement on everyone else, is silly, by judging Calvin for judging others they become hypocrites.

How do we learn to understand one another?

I still believe in my heart of hearts a lot of this anger is aimed at Calvin because he is Christian.

For instance In , veronicas post calling all Christians incestuous, it is obvious she has what seems to be hatred for all Christians, if she can make such a blanket statement like that.

That is like saying all Muslims are terrorists.

Calvin in some of you post I wonder if you are really serious, are you just pulling our leg?

You can't really think the government cares about this meaasge board can you? Sometimes I wonder if you are just baiting people to get them riled.

What really is going on here?

Calvin in all do respect I don't know any Christians that are this dogmatic?

I am not looking for a fight I am just asking.

Are you serious?HuhHuh??

I have a sneeky suspicion that there is more here then meets the eye.

and you are welcome calvin.

Please everyone can I post this little reminder,
Please keep all comments in good taste and free from insult or the disparagement of any individual or group (religious, political, racial, ethnic, sexual preference, etc.).

[This message has been edited by Ishtar (edited 03-17-2005).]

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2007, 03:12:14 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-17-2005 08:46 AM                       
Dawn of course god would want us to help them,and I bet most on this board would like to guide one another with enlightenment, not insults.
Listen you catch more bees with honey then with vineger.

And Dawn my heart tells me these topics are going exactly how you invisioned they would go, if you know human nature that is.

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2007, 03:12:33 pm »

Andrew Waters

Member # 914

posted 03-17-2005 09:46 AM                       

Ishtar's quote:
''Dawn, I also agree with you, everyone heaping judgement on everyone else, is silly, by judging Calvin for judging others they become hypocrites.''
I think the problem with the above statement is since Calvin purports to be a Christian, then him judging others certainly wouldn't seem to be in line with one of Christianity's messages.

And since the Christian community plays up this line of thought then I fail to see how the secularists can be termed hypocritical themselves in judging Calvin Noble. In other words they are free from that restraint. Now if we leave Christianity out of the equation then I'm sure that ''hypocrisy'' has its place in this argument.

I certainly don't believe Calvin is singled out simply because he says he is a Christian. He simply rubs people the wrong way with his attitude and some here, including me, perceive that to be an error in his understanding of what it is he's trying to convey in terms of Christianity. As I said elsewhere about Calvin Noble, he's not well-protected with the spiritual armor he needs to sustain himself.

With this one Ishtar you're more in tune with the truth: ''Calvin in some of you post I wonder if you are really serious, are you just pulling our leg?''

And surely when you ask Dawn Moline this, ''And Dawn my heart tells me these topics are going exactly how you invisioned they would go, if you know human nature that is,'' that she wouldn't/couldn't be that remiss in not understanding human nature and the replies she must have known would be forthcoming.

In order for your ''quiet'' attitude to be in effect here on this topic Dawn everyone's nature would have to match yours precisely.
It's painfully obvious that isn't the case here.

Eventually the anxiety and heated debate will subside simply because it has to. Everyone, including the new members, will have had their say. Their frustrations will be soothed somewhat once they've had a good look in the mirror.

— Andrew

Posts: 2639 | From: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: May 2002   
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2007, 03:12:51 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-17-2005 10:27 AM                       
Andrew, you put things so well.
I can not say I disagree with thing.

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: