Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:53:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Question of Morality (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Question of Morality (Original)  (Read 8913 times)
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #480 on: August 04, 2008, 12:04:41 am »

Archangel

Member # 2097

Member Rated:
   posted 07-26-2005 07:45 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When does God ever not forgive those who ask for forgiveness? If God forgives, who among is should also not feel free to forgive themselves?

--------------------
Beware the All-Seeing Eye. It watches you even as you sleep. The power touches every corner of the earth.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #481 on: August 04, 2008, 12:04:52 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 07-26-2005 08:12 PM                       
Do not dwell on past mistakes it will destroy you, it leads to fear, depression, and anger, remember depression is anger and guilt turned inward

And that is the devil tools:)
Posts: 8599 | From: toledo .ohio | Registered: Mar 2000   
Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #482 on: August 04, 2008, 12:05:02 am »

Aphrodite

Member # 2573

Member Rated:
   posted 07-26-2005 10:00 PM                       
There is nothing one can do to change the past, however everything one can do to change the future. Discipline is the key, respecting one's self is another. Don't listen to people like Calvin Noble who seem to think that the sole purpose of virtue is because it demeans one's character, It's important to realize that promiscuity also pollutes one's mind, as well. One cannot evolve into something finer if they are still shackled to the desires of the flesh. Becoming more disciplined is the key.

--------------------
"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu

Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #483 on: August 04, 2008, 12:05:21 am »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 07-26-2005 10:39 PM                       
aphrodite

I respectfully agree and disagree, one must follow there heart if you are locked into a dogmatic view of the world surrounded by fear of sin you wil never fell free, never experience the joy of being wild, alive.
Of coarse one must have judgement and discipline but one must also feel the joy of being alive otherwise what is the point.

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

Posts: 1756 | From: Pontiac, MI. Oakland | Registered: Mar 2005   
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000251;p=12
Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #484 on: August 04, 2008, 12:05:48 am »

Volitzer

Member # 245

Rate Member   posted 07-26-2005 11:58 PM                       
Yes but remeber the R word. Responsibility

Because actions have consequences too often too many on this planet throw responsibility to the wind and the rest of society ends up paying for it.

Look at AIDS and medicade.

Look at Battered women.

Look at any rehab program.
Posts: 8038 | From: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: Oct 2000   
Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #485 on: August 04, 2008, 12:05:58 am »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 07-27-2005 12:15 AM                       
without joy life is a prison

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #486 on: August 04, 2008, 12:06:19 am »

Aphrodite

Member # 2573

Member Rated:
   posted 07-28-2005 08:23 PM                       
From Volitzer's posts, he seems to suggest that women are responsible for society's ills because they put career before family.

I suggest that both parties are equally responsible, and that, to blame one and not the other reflects one's own personal bias against one sex or another.

Unknown, we can find our joy from other things, not physical sensation.

One must cultivate the mind first, and above all things, especially if one ever intends to offer oneself to another person.

To base all one's pleasures on what one finds in the flesh is a shallow existence at best.

--------------------
"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000251;p=12
Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #487 on: August 04, 2008, 12:06:45 am »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 07-28-2005 08:52 PM                       
I have lived in the mind all my life Aphrodite, but I see the traps of quilt, convention, and peer pressure all around me, one must follow their own heart. Listen to the higher wisdom, the wee small voice intuitation.

I am not promoting irresponsibility, but following your own true path

"To thine own self be true"

The Merchant of Venice
Willian Shakespeare

[ 08-13-2005, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: unknown ]

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #488 on: August 04, 2008, 12:06:59 am »

Aphrodite

Member # 2573

Member Rated:
   posted 07-28-2005 09:15 PM                       
Of course, I didn't mean to imply that you were promoting promiscuity. I'm not against relationships myself (though I don't date), I just think they should be entered into later in life, not early. One must find out who one is before getting involved with another person.

My opinion anyway.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #489 on: August 04, 2008, 12:07:32 am »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 07-28-2005 09:30 PM                       
I agree it is sound advice Aphrodite

But everone has there own path and we are all so different, what is right for one might not be right for another. We all must be allowed to make our own mistakes, if you understand me...

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #490 on: August 04, 2008, 12:07:54 am »

Aries, God of War

Member # 2427

Member Rated:
   posted 08-02-2005 10:00 PM                       
Wise words, Unknown, and I would say that you need to lighten up and live a little, Aphrodite. Life is for the living, baby, take it from me.
Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #491 on: August 04, 2008, 12:08:43 am »

AtlantisBermuda

Member # 2619

posted 08-03-2005 03:24 AM                       
From a Christian standpoint, I think America's moral values has plunged severely. Abortion, incest, gore, lasciviousness, masochism, gangrape, you name it- the "Supreme" Court supports SODOMY (repealed anti-sodomy laws last year-with the appointment of John Roberts it probably'll be turned over). If America does not turn back to the ONE and ONLY God, of whom ALL our unalienable rights originate, then HE will deliver us into the hands of the terrorists even further for the sake of His Holy Name.

Regards to All Readers,
AtlantisBermuda
3 August 2005

Resources: www.hallindseyoracle.com
www.omegaletter.com

[ 08-03-2005, 03:25 AM: Message edited by: AtlantisBermuda ]

--------------------
Corn Dog

Posts: 62 | From: San Gabriel, CA | Registered: Jul 2005   

Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #492 on: August 04, 2008, 12:08:55 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 08-03-2005 04:24 AM                       
I think there has to be a balance. No one wants the oppression of women and to be killed for their unmorals ways like in the middle east. However no one wants all this sexual exploitation and promoting promiscuity.Thats why I liked living in the fifties when there was a balance. Gee now we have more cases of women teachers suducing young boys. There was one case yesterday of a 42 year old women teacher having sex with young boys in the school.
Posts: 8599 | From: toledo .ohio | Registered: Mar 2000   
Report Spam   Logged
Amy Lewton
Superhero Member

« Reply #493 on: August 04, 2008, 12:09:16 am »

Aries, God of War

Member # 2427

Member Rated:
   posted 08-03-2005 08:54 PM                       
AtlantisBermuda, YOU NEED TO LIGHTEN UP, MAN!!

In America, we have this little thing called separation of church and state. Why, you may ask? Because not all people are Christians, nor are they Muslims, nor are they atheists, people come in all sorts of different beliefs and life experiences and guess what? It makes America the stronger, not the weaker for it.

I wouldn't want an America where everyone thinks alike.

Also, you can't force any God upon people, they have to want to come to God in their own right.

As for moral code, who gives a damn? Your moral code may be different than mine, mine may be different than Docyabut's.

Bottom line for you should be: "are both parties consenting," and, "is it hurting anyone?" If the answer to that is no, well guess what, it's nobody's business.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: