Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 08:16:45 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Question of Morality (Original)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Question of Morality (Original)  (Read 8911 times)
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2007, 10:49:05 am »

Rorie Lafay

Member # 2320

Rate Member   posted 03-14-2005 09:03 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a perfect reason for separation of church and state.
Calvin, I loathe people like you: people that want to enforce their own morality on others, as if their own lives were so perfect. In regards to your stand on abortion, I can guarantee you that you would feel a whole lot different about it if you had an unwanted pregnancy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2007, 10:49:33 am »

Andrew Waters

Member # 914

posted 03-15-2005 12:28 AM                       

Define ''unwanted'' pregnancy Rorie.
Would there be something congenital with the fetus or would it be simply...unwanted?

Posts: 2639 | From: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: May 2002   
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2007, 10:49:54 am »

Dorian Gray
Member # 192

Member Rated:
   posted 03-15-2005 01:38 AM                       

quote:
 Don't get on your high hat and think you can lecture me on morals, I doubt very much whether you're not in a position to lecture anyone on them.

I think "missionary" is the perfect position from whence to dispense moral judgements.
And I am against COERCED and FORCED polygamy. Bring your reading comprehension next time. I just don't see anything wrong with polygamy that is NOT forced or coerced.

Calvin Noble:

quote:
 That's just the type of attitude I expected one of your kind to take, Miss Poe. This just goes to confirm my opinion that you are a woman of loose moral character, and so, not to be trusted.
I would hate to think how this country's morals would have degenerated all the more had that atheist John Kerry won.

You were being sarcastic, right? I don't know you that well.

quote:
 You people will have your morality legistated against whether you like it or not. And it is for your own good, too, you'll thank us for it later. Mark my words, it will be a very different America after these next four years.

Nope, I guess you're serious. That makes you fair game.
Why do you hate the Constitution that this land was founded on? You want to take away everyone's guns and leave us defenseless, and you want us to go back to being ruled by the Pope. What's next - declaring Protestants heretics and torturing and burning them?

Oh, by the way, if GW Bush can now "do whatever he wants", then why the hell does he have to listen to you anymore? He got your vote, and now he is free to abandon you like the loser he has always thought you were. Also, every president has had a "mandate", and none of them has ever legislated morality for anything other than a political reason.

I will close by reminding you that millions of Christians voted for John Kerry too. Your little megalomaniacal control fantasy is very entertaining. It made me laugh while I was having sex with my wives and husbands in our human sacrifice room.

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2007, 10:50:18 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 07:15 AM                       
You people will have your morality legistated against whether you like it or not. And it is for your own good, too, you'll thank us for it later. Mark my words, it will be a very different America after these next four years.
Dorian,Christians or not, the people made it very clear in the last election, that America is tried of where the country is going in the morality department,especially in light of Clinton`s character.Do you know how how many kids think oral sex is not sex.Even little kids in school were giving candy for the favors.
Considering, we know so much now days about STD. Anyone is really dumb to think a simple condom would stop it. I think we should teach kids of the dangers of sexual abuse and STD, not just passed out condoms and say go to it. I don`t think we should judge anyone`s behavior by death, like they do in some counties, but there is nothing wrong in teaching the old fashion moral values  its takes the people and the people have spoken. 

Posts: 7894 | From: toledo .ohio | Registered: Mar 2000   
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2007, 10:50:37 am »

iwannano
Member # 2255

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 07:40 AM                       
Calvin , I appreciate your honesty. I vote conservative because I don't want to see a small minority of fringe groups impose their beliefs on the majority. By last census 7 million christians is still considered a minority. Why can't groups like you are associated with demonstrate to the rest of us how wonderful your lives are and let us decide if it is right for us. What do you propose to do , jail me because I don't go to the church of your choice? Why don't you just kill us all who don't believe what you do and reveal yourselves to be no better than the muslim terrosists who are trying to do the same for the same reason? Is that your morality? Does your god say punish those who don't believe in me?
Posts: 178 | From: River Ridge, La. USA | Registered: Dec 2004 
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2007, 10:51:00 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 07:46 AM                       
The most commom STD affects about 5.5 million Americans each year.
Although genital warts can be treated with medications and surgery, they are a serious health concern. The virus that causes them — the human papillomavirus (HPV) — has been associated with cervical cancer. It has also been linked with other types of genital cancers.
I have know so many women through the years that have cervical cancer,and they wonder where they ever got it from.They say 1 out of every 4 women have it.If anything people should be concern about the dangers of sex with so many, instead of all that is portrayed as harmless on the media shows.

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2007, 10:51:16 am »

iwannano
Member # 2255

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 01:42 PM                       
docyabut, STDs are horrible, of that there is no doubt. Teach your children well, don't be afraid to discuss sexual topics. Passing laws won't stop STDs. Giving someone AIDs is murder, that's already against the law but it still happens. What if you didn't know you had AIDs or another STD, then you are an idiot. You know if and when you had unprotected sex so that excuse doesn't wash. Don't blame the media for not censoring itself and don't blame Bill Clinton. I didn't vote for him and still don't like him but I'm not going to blame him for what happens to my family of kids. I talked to each one of my nephews and nieces about Clinton's behavior and in no uncertain terms explained how he was not a role model. Turn off the damm TV if you don't like what your kids are watching. Take responsibilty and educate them yourself and hold them accountable when they make a mistake. You don't need congress passing laws about morality for you to do that.
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2007, 10:51:48 am »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 03-15-2005 04:18 PM                       
A gee, wow,um, ok, say ,has anyone read any good books lately? 
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2007, 10:52:06 am »

iwannano
Member # 2255

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 05:05 PM                       
docyabut, I am sorry for ranting. I wasn't directing that at you but at the idea of legislating morality. People like Calvin Noble scare me and when I get scared I rant. I agree the morals are declining but I see it more a result of parents trying to friends with their kids than trying to be parents. If people don't want to do what it takes to raise them then don't have them. Making laws regulating morality makes raising your kids my responsiblity, you don't want that and neither do I.
again , sorry for ranting at you
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2007, 10:52:21 am »

ocyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 05:12 PM                       
iwannano, yet they are forcing the dangers of cigerette smoking to the health, however as far a STD, its all so hush hush and use protection? 
You know if and when you had unprotected sex so that excuse doesn't wash? When are they going to start really telling the people the truth, that a simple condom is really not a protection, just like with a pregnancy. Any one is really dumb or senseless to think that.
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2007, 10:52:38 am »

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 05:25 PM                       
iwannano,ranting is ok. I`ve done it enough my self, however I am concern about innocent children and where they going with out the truth.We made raise our kids to moral values, but yet they have to go out in the world with other opinions or options.
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2007, 10:52:59 am »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 08:13 PM                       

quote:
He got your vote, and now he is free to abandon you like the loser he has always thought you were. Also, every president has had a "mandate", and none of them has ever legislated morality for anything other than a political reason.
I will close by reminding you that millions of Christians voted for John Kerry too. Your little megalomaniacal control fantasy is very entertaining. It made me laugh while I was having sex with my wives and husbands in our human sacrifice room.

In the first place, Dorian Gray, I would urge you to temper your atheistic-liberal comments for the sake of any children who might be reading this. I suppose that I am the only one here who happens to ever think about them. I don't know you very well either, but I don't like what I happen to see. I have an inkling you're a sodomist given the comments you have just made.

You seem to believe that Bush does not believe as sincerely as many of his supporters do. What this fails to take into account, though, is that we are the ones in control of the Republican Party now and they must please us in order to continue to get our vote. That means that Bush must appoint judges to enact our moral agenda, and pass legislation to insure it as well. As for having a "megalomaniacal control fantasy," we currently control the presidency and both houses of congress. How much more control is needed? Make no mistake, America will enact our moral agenda and become a sound Christian nation again. Your people had their chance to enact their agenda in the last election (doubtless one filled with free abortion, sodomy and atheism), and failed, miserably, I might add. Incidentally, this is not "our" agenda, it is an agenda for the good of America, and that is it.

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2007, 10:53:17 am »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 08:16 PM                       

quote:
Why can't groups like you are associated with demonstrate to the rest of us how wonderful your lives are and let us decide if it is right for us. What do you propose to do , jail me because I don't go to the church of your choice? Why don't you just kill us all who don't believe what you do and reveal yourselves to be no better than the muslim terrosists who are trying to do the same for the same reason? Is that your morality? Does your god say punish those who don't believe in me?

First off, Iwanno, I am deeply offended by the equation of people who have strong Christian beliefs with Muslim terrorists. We love America and hate what it has become. They hate America and want to see it ruined. Does our God say "punish those who don't believe in Him?" No, but we see it as our Christian mission to convert those of you who don't believe in Him. We wouldn't be Christians if we didn't care about our fellow man.

As for "demonstrating how wonderful our lives are", we have tried to lead by example and it hasn't worked. For every good example one of us might set, there are just as many very public bad ones: the heathenistic Jackson family, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton, John Kerry. The only way for us to restore America to it's strong Christian character is to impose legislation upon the rest of you so that you come to obey. You will learn to abide by the law of strong moral behavior even if none of you ever come to agree with it.

Perhaps it's too late so save some of you (the sodomists like Dorian), but you will no longer be setting a bad example for the children of this country, as well as their children's children.

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2007, 10:53:34 am »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 08:17 PM                       
Docyabut, please let's not dwell anymore on genital warts, this is a family forum. And if it's not, perhaps we should do our best to make it become so, praise the Almighty.
Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pagan
Superhero Member

« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2007, 10:53:55 am »

Rorie Lafay

Member # 2320

Rate Member   posted 03-15-2005 08:26 PM                       
Good question, Andrew, 'what is an unwanted pregnancy?'
I would define it as one with a congenital defect, yes, but also one that resulted from a **** or incest, that endangered the life of the mother, happened to a teenager, or anything that occurred within the first trimester of any pregnancy.

Answer your question?

It just so happens to be a woman's right to control her own body. No court controlled by men should have a say in the matter. In fact, no man should have a say in the matter, period. Men aren't the ones to carry the babies, women are.

Report Spam   Logged

╔╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╗
☼The Pagan ☼
╚╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╝
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 33   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: