Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:06:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: USA showered by a watery comet ~11,000 years ago, ending the Golden Age of man in America
http://dsc.discovery.com/news/briefs/20050926/mammoth_02.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Nature of Good & Evil

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Nature of Good & Evil  (Read 7721 times)
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #510 on: August 03, 2008, 10:18:22 pm »

Aphrodite

Member # 2573

Member Rated:
   posted 07-08-2006 11:34 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haven't also seen Dawn, Calvin Noble, KTCat, Trevor and several others as well.

--------------------
"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #511 on: August 03, 2008, 10:18:38 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 07-09-2006 09:01 AM                       
Hopefully they are out enjoying life.

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think
http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000023;p=1

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #512 on: August 03, 2008, 10:18:58 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 07-09-2006 10:31 AM                       
Aphro,

I enjoyed reading the two serpent links you placed above.

--------------------
"Illigitimi non carborundum!"
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #513 on: August 03, 2008, 10:19:15 pm »

Luke

Member # 3088

Member Rated:
   posted 07-11-2006 12:31 AM                       
Great topic. And it also occurs to me how some people end up misusing that word, "evil," to apply to anything that doesn't correspond with their own personal beliefs. I think we need a bit more tolerance in thr world these days.
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #514 on: August 03, 2008, 10:19:34 pm »

Heather Delaria

Member # 2196

Member Rated:
   posted 07-13-2006 12:00 AM                       
I wonder how many people who claim to be religious simply because they read the Bible even know how wrong they are? The true test of good and evil is not how well they have memorized religious teachings, but whether they actually understand those teachings and hold their meaning in their heart.

--------------------
"An it harm none, do what ye will."
-the Wiccan Rede

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #515 on: August 03, 2008, 10:19:53 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 09-16-2006 04:48 AM                       
Well said, Jesue practiced love and charity for one's fellow man. I ask, what do the expressions of hatred and intolerance that today's religious conservatives have to do with his teachings? Nothing at all. I see so many people who often claim to wear the mantle of religion, without actually be religious at all. Some might know the words (if even that), but they hardly feel them. All they have is hatred in their hearts. I would pity them, were they not in such a position to wrought so much harm.

--------------------
Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #516 on: August 03, 2008, 10:20:50 pm »

I_am_that_I_am

Member # 1238

Member Rated:
   posted 09-16-2006 02:15 PM                       

quote:
All they have is hatred in their hearts. I would pity them, were they not in such a position to wrought so much harm.

You should, and pray for them, for who needs it more ?? Should we only pray for those who are good to us, or see things the way we do Huh

quote:
LUKE 12:
48But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Those put in positions over someone, will be held to a higher standard.

--------------------
KNOW that as ye do unto the least of thy associates ye do
unto the GOD within THEE that is in the image of the God
without.
E.C.

Posts: 1820 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #517 on: August 03, 2008, 10:21:33 pm »

via mars 2
Member # 1970

Member Rated:
   posted 09-16-2006 07:46 PM                       
jade - nice of you to go around and revive a few topics this evening. i actually forgot that i'm both good and evil, but then you had to remind me. nice one - and true to form.

i, and others like me, are the darkness which is necessary and without which evolution and knowledge are impossible. i am also my own opposite, and yet beyond both. this is not a riddle, but a statement of mastery, and which, alas, so few have the ability to understand.

an interesting bit of insight from anton long. so, where's that fresh lamb we were gonna slaughter? or was that 16 year old virgins this time around?

meanwhile, my chauffeur is waiting with the others ... you can reach me in western new york. ciao baby.

--------------------
the truth hurts, but lies hurt more

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #518 on: August 03, 2008, 10:21:50 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 09-16-2006 09:20 PM                       
You have a chauffeur, Via Mars 2? He wouldn't happen to double as your connection, too, would he? Kidding.  Smiley

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #519 on: August 03, 2008, 10:22:10 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 09-16-2006 09:33 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by I_am_that_I_am:

quote:
All they have is hatred in their hearts. I would pity them, were they not in such a position to wrought so much harm.

You should, and pray for them, for who needs it more ?? Should we only pray for those who are good to us, or see things the way we do Huh

quote:
LUKE 12:
48But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked.

Those put in positions over someone, will be held to a higher standard.

And yet, praying that some invisible judge will settle things in the hereafter does nothing tangible for our immediate problems, does it? I think that hypocrites like that should simply be removed from positions of influence. He who does not practice the love of Jesus Christ and preaches hatred and divisinessness instead (not to mention gay-bashing, the dimishment of wmen's rights, othe foolishness) should not be allowed to have a televangelist TV show nor a friendly ear in Congress.  Smiley

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #520 on: August 03, 2008, 10:22:36 pm »

I_am_that_I_am

Member # 1238

Member Rated:
   posted 09-17-2006 12:00 AM                       

quote:
And yet, praying that some invisible judge will settle things in the hereafter does nothing tangible for our immediate problems, does it?

You miss the point, it's not about praying for retubution in the "hereafter", it's about praying that the Christ conscience enters their hearts now.

quote:
27"But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. If someone takes your cloak, do not stop him from taking your tunic. 30Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. 31Do to others as you would have them do to you.
32"If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' love those who love them. 33And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that. 34And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full. 35But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High,
because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful.

To sum up the above quote:
In reality everything is about you and how you act/react to circumstances, not how others act/react. Hard pill to swallow for most.  Grin

--------------------
KNOW that as ye do unto the least of thy associates ye do
unto the GOD within THEE that is in the image of the God
without.
E.C.

Posts: 1820 | From: Nashville, TN. | Registered: Nov 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #521 on: August 03, 2008, 10:23:17 pm »

Andrew Waters

Member # 914

posted 09-17-2006 04:37 PM                       
Via Mars2 on Anton Long:''i, and others like me, are the darkness which is necessary and without which evolution and knowledge are impossible. i am also my own opposite, and yet beyond both. this is not a riddle, but a statement of mastery, and which, alas, so few have the ability to understand.''

I wish there was room to elaborate on this one but there isn't so:

''i, and others like me, are the darkness which is necessary and without which evolution and knowledge are impossible. i am also my own opposite, and yet beyond both. this is not a riddle, but a statement of mastery, and which, alas, so few have the ability to understand.''
Posts: 2639 | From: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: May 2002   
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #522 on: August 03, 2008, 10:24:10 pm »

Allison-

Member # 2967

Member Rated:
   posted 09-18-2006 02:13 AM                       
Well, shoot, someone can pray all they want for people to change, but expecting them to actually change is a bit unrealistic at best. After a point, it's up to human beings to make their world more fair, more honest and less evil. If even our religious and political leaders are no longer interested in that, the key is to find new leaders, simple as that.

Like the old saying, "evil only flourishes when good men do nothing."

Meaning, it is up to human beings to change their world.
Report Spam   Logged
Felecia
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #523 on: August 03, 2008, 10:24:32 pm »

via mars 2
Member # 1970

Member Rated:
   posted 09-18-2006 06:38 AM                       
andrew - tis interesting the refinement of the underlying principles through the ages. where does modernity reside, and when is the past not so far back as one might think?

--------------------
the truth hurts, but lies hurt more

Posts: 2431 | From: arlington, va. | Registered: May 2004   
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: