Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 06:34:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Inner Harmony & the Pathway to Spiritual Peace (Original)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Inner Harmony & the Pathway to Spiritual Peace (Original)  (Read 3553 times)
Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 03:17:51 pm »

Aristotle
Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dawn, I have to say that I can see where you're coming from. My main advice, if advice even be sought, is to not worry about the state of the world so much as the state of ourselves.

I can relate to Jason's sentiments. I feel I have grown, myself, a great deal this year. I'm still a skeptic at heart, don't believe in half the things around here that most people here place their faith in. However, I have come to the conclusion that there is enough negativity around here without me adding to it as well. People like Calvin are a perfect example of that. If he has served one purpose here, it's for many of us to take a good look at ourselves and see if we find any of him within us. If the world had less people like Calvin in it, and more people like Dawn Moline, than it might actually someday become a better place.

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 357 | From: ancient Athens | Registered: Nov 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/
Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 03:18:07 pm »

Jeremy Dokken
Member # 2877

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Definitely gotten weirder, I don't know if it's better or worse yet. I get the feeling it's going to get worse, for all of us, though. Things have been happening the last few years that we never thought could happen. Our normal little world has all cracked away into s>^t. The end of the world as we know it will probably be in our lifetimes, no doubts about that right now.
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2007, 03:18:26 pm »

Valerie
Member # 2095

Member Rated:
   posted                       
On the bright side, my dad got back from the war. It really plays on your nerves to have a relative serving in Iraq. I like to believe we're doing some good over there, who knows, maybe we are. Maybe it's still too soon to tell..? I hope so, but something tells me to expect the worse, though. Expect the worse and you won't always be disappointed, I always say. On the other hand, that learned negative behavior doesn't exactly turn you into an optimist.

I'm a writer, for those of you who don't know, these days, The ideas are still there, but it's hard to find the time! So busy these days, and I don't want to be either, part of me doesn't want to finish it, though, because it's about Atlantis, and writing about makes me feel I'm spending time there. My Atlantis, the way I picture it, no one else's. It's fun.

Things are coming together, maybe not the way I want them to be yet, but they are. And, even though I'm not exactly an optimist, I believe in the future. Despite everything that happens to people in their lives, people are still in comtrol of their lives and the future is still what we make it.
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2007, 03:18:47 pm »

Norman Pounders
Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted                       
Well, Dawn, returned from your sojourn away, I see, but clearly no better than you were before. And here we are, with the makings of yet another whiney liberal thread, from the sound of things so far.

I have no complaints this year myself, Dawn. God has blessed me with a good living, a beautiful family and a president who is not afraid to get the job done, regardless of what people might think of him. I'm a happy man, not ashamed to say that I'm deeply proud of my country, and I can't complain. It's a shame that your life isn't going quite so well, from the sound of things.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2007, 03:19:02 pm »

Jennifer O'Dell
Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted                       
I guess it's been kind of a weird year for me. I haven't been around much lately because I've been seeing someone and so far, I guess it feels like love. It's the last thing I expected to happen and it feels a little strange to deal with. Not to say that things are perfect, they aren't, but it does change your outlook a lot.
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2007, 03:19:21 pm »

Jennifer O'Dell
Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Anyway, I won't be giving up the forum, I still like a lot of the people here. But I probably won't be here as much as I've been until the newness of it all fades off.

Hey, Merry Christmas, everyone, you guys are the best. Most of you anyway...
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2007, 03:19:42 pm »

Michelle Sandberg
Member # 2194

Member Rated:
   posted                       
My life changed pretty drastically this year, too. Last year, I was so much happier, so certain that I was going to marry Curt and that my life was all set.

This year, everything has gotten so much darker. What I used to be so certain of, I'm no longer certain of at all. I don't know how many people here know this feeling, where you suddenly feel so safe and secure, like everything has all been planned out for you, and then have all that security suddenly just gone. I felt it first back when my father died a few years ago, I felt it a second time this year when I first broke up with Curt. You know, even though I am doing better now than when I first told everyone about all this, I don't actually feel as safe and secure as I once did. Maybe I never will again, eiher. I guess, once you lose something like that, there's no getting it back.

Well, hey, Merry Christmas everyone! I would especially like to wish that to Dawn, Ren, Boreasi, Bluducky, Absonite, Aristotle, Volitzer, Jen, Jennie & Stacy and everyone who has been so nice to me here.

I think we're all due for a nice big glass of spiked eggnog!

[ 12-22-2005, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Michelle Sandberg ]
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 03:19:59 pm »

Brooke
Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Hi Dawn,

I would like to limit my comments to my impressions, not of life in general, but to this forum.

For what is this forum but a microcosm of life in the first place?

First off, I'm here for the research and because there do happen to be some bright, intuitive people like yourself, Allison, Jade, Jason, Sarah, and one or two others.

Some of the others happen to be a mix of egocentic religious sexist zealots who are in dire need of getting a life. They don't discuss, they disgust.

It's honest to God like being with a bunch of spoiled children and the morons really need to grow up and get a life outside of this forum. Everyday here, I seem to run into a new one, I guess that misfits with personality disorders tend to flock together.

The normal ones here, no offense meant.
The pathetic attention-cravers, you can stick your heads up your you-know-whats. You're probably used to doing that anyway.

--------------------
"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein

Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 03:20:17 pm »

Brooke
Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Anyway, sorry, just had to do some venting.

--------------------
"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein

Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 03:20:32 pm »

Jennie McGrath
Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted                       
You're very much welcome, Michelle, and it's a pleasure, I don't think I know a nicer person!

Hey, Cal and Norm are back everyone..!

Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 03:20:54 pm »

Jennie McGrath
Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted                       
This is kind of cool, NASA is looking for new ideas:

NIAC Seeks Phase 1 Proposals To Advance Vision For Space Exploration

Washington DC (SPX) Dec 16, 2005
The NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts is seeking revolutionary ideas to advance the Vision for Space Exploration. Interested parties from outside the agency are invited to submit 2006 Phase 1 proposals by February 13, 2006.
The focus for solicitations is on revolutionary, advanced concepts for architectures and systems that meet NASA mission "grand visions." The institute's intention is to discover ideas that may result in beneficial changes to NASA's long-range plans.

"The institute employs a team of experts in science and technology to review proposals. Successful proposals are highly imaginative but grounded in reality," said Dr. Robert Cassanova of the Universities Space Research Association, the director of the NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts. The Universities Space Research Association runs the institute for NASA.

Previous winning proposals include systems or concepts for a spacecraft propelled by a magnetized beam of electrified gas for rapid interplanetary transportation; an electrostatic radiation shield for a lunar base; and the redesign of living organisms to survive on Mars.

The institute sponsors research in two phases. Proposals selected for Phase 1 awards typically receive as much as $75,000 for a six-month study that validates the viability of the concept and identifies challenges that must be overcome.

Phase 1 studies are evaluated using major feasibility criteria associated with cost, performance, development time, and technology. The most promising are selected for further research, through a Phase 2 award. Phase 2 studies can be up to two years long and receive as much as $400,000.

Phase 1 awards will be announced in April or May 2006. The institute awards about one dozen Phase 1 study contracts per year. The institute encourages submission of proposals via the Internet.

http://www.space-travel.com/news/spacetravel-05zzzzn.html
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 03:21:10 pm »

Jennie McGrath
Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Now's the time for one of us here to draw up blueprints for Stargate/Wormhole technology and potentially make a cool 475 grand!

Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 03:21:27 pm »

Europa
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
   posted                       
I will remember this year as the year I was bitten by the "Atlantis" bug. The really odd thing about Atlantis, I've found anyway, is that each time one explores one possibility, it seems to lead to another. Is that because Atlantis is so open to interepretation or is it simply because it never really existed at all?? It's so odd that I still find myself asking that question.

Atlantis is in my blood, and so, I will find the answer. Eventually.

Professionally, I'm still taking classes, but they're progressing nicely. I have a job with the school, so I'm staying on at the university after I graduate in the spring. Personally, it got to be sort of an odd year for me. I had someone propose to me, believe it or not, after one date. It wasn't flattering, it was actually a little weird. I don't want to get married until I get more settled in my career, though, so of course, I declined.

The forum has gotten a little weird lately so that's why you haven't seen me around quite as much as I had been. Hopefully, 2006 will bring about less bickering and bizarre behavior so we can get back to our respective fields of study once again. That's what I'm here for, to take part in the research, nothing more.

[ 12-22-2005, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Europa ]
Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 03:21:50 pm »

Author  Topic: Inner Harmony & the Pathway to Spiritual Peace 
Dawn Moline
Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted                       
You know, it's almost the end of the year, so I thought it might be nice to look back on the type of year each of us had. This post originally appeared in my Eternal Life topic, but, at Rockessence's suggestion, we begin a new topic to try and explore what each of us has learned.

Has your life gotten better this year or worse?

Do you feel you are making progress towards your goals or have you fallen behind?

As for me, my own life has gotten wholly different than it did last year, when I first came here. Worse for me, and filled with more adversity than I care to say, some of it of my own making.

Last year, I believed in the best in people. Now I happen to believe in the worst.

Last year, I felt the current state of the world was just a setback, now I am not certain that we shall ever come out of it.

I have seen hatred flourish without any motive given, dreams collapse without reason given at all. And throughout it all, this over-riding undercurrent of violence that seems to effect everything and everyone these days, in one fashion or another.

One thing I have learned for certain, is why, (whether God actually exists or not), people experience such an innate need to believe in God as they do. Belief and faith, at least, tend to give one hope. You don't feel so alone. Experience lack of belief, and you realize that you simply end up with yourself, and no one really wants to feel alone. So, for all the people who have more faith than I do, I suppose I understand you better now.

I don't know what lies at the end of our lives, and yet, when it all comes to an end, one thing I know for certain: if I were offered a choice, I don't think I would want another one. There's something not quite right here, I don't know what it is, but it seems to be getting worse in this world all the time.

We don't care about each other anymore. Worse to the point, some of us no longer even see the value of trying.

No sadness here, that's just the way I happen to feel. And yet, it doesn't have to be the way you feel, in fact, I hope it isn't.

Those are my own observations and I think it important to point out they need not be yours. Maybe some of you have learned lessons that I have yet to learn. If so, my friends (and that does happen to be what I consider us all to be), let's look at ourselves and ask the questions:

What did you learn this year?

Has your life gotten better or worse?

Do you feel you are making progress towards your goals or have you fallen behind?

This is meant to be an interactive topic and once again, I encourage everyone to participate.

And, of course, Happy Holidays to everyone.

Cheers,

Dawn

[ 01-07-2006, 12:12 AM: Message edited by: Dawn Moline ]

--------------------
"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Posts: 446 | From: citizen of the world | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged |   

Chronos
Member # 2051

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Hi Dawn, with respect, I've always felt that we tend to get into trouble if we allow ourselves too much self-evaluation. You say that the world has gotten worse, and yet, to my knowledge it has always been difficult in one manner of another and each generations feels they have it hard. Actually, our advances in technology has made a lot of things easier. Far harder, of course, to make those advances in human nature.

I measure personal progress very simply, through my research, and by asking this one question: have we found Atlantis yet? The answer, as of 12/20/05, is, of course, no. And yet, we have found some very intriguing pieces of the puzzle that, taken together, leads me to believe that we will.

You mentioned "belief." I think that everyone, no matter who they are needs a cause, a reason to keep pushing on. Become the quest, and it doesn't really matter if the utility bills are sent in late or not.

--------------------
The one true academic search for Atlantis begins at Atlantis Online:

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php

Posts: 1008 | From: various | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged |   

rockessence
Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Chronos,

Can you tell what you feel are the "very intriguing pieces of the puzzle" that have shown themselves this year?

--------------------
"Illigitimi non carborundum!"
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged |   

Chronos
Member # 2051

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Rockessence, I would hate to just pick a few. I tend to get a lot of my research here, and if I started saying which work I personally considered the most important, those not mentioned would most likely think I considered their work less important. And so, I'm not going to pick anything out at all.

--------------------

Chronos
Member # 2051

Member Rated:
   posted                       
I wonder what we might be considered the top archaeological finds of the year. In that vein, here is a website I tend to use quite a bit to get the latest archaeological news that some of you might not have visited:

http://www.archaeology.org/online/news/headlines.html

And here are China's top archaeological findings from 2004:

http://www.china.org.cn/english/features/Archaeology/149496.htm

--------------------

Morrison
Member # 2156

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Nice to see you again here, Dawn. Actually, both personally and professionally, I was doing much better a few years ago. I think the country was, too. I don't want to make this a Bush-bashing thread, but it's clear that the country, if not the world, is missing something it once had since September 11th. We are still a determined lot, just not a very happy one. The reason why Bush bears some responsibility for that is that he has no interest in leading, just in bombing people. While we did need to conduct a war on terror, we didn't need to handle it stupidly, as we are doing now.
Posts: 391 | From: New England | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged |   

Jade Hellene
Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted                       
You know, the only new thing I believe that I learned this year is just how many people out there tend to fear and don't tent to understand feminism. I always knew that the media and ultra-fanatical religious groups tended to misrepresent us. What came as a revelation is just how many people still feel threatened by us as well. I mean, hell, it's not like the women's movement has just been around, women have been fighting for their rights for better than a hundred years now. It's just basic common sense to think that, whatever sex you were born, you would want to be treated equally and have the same opportunities. Do others apply this same logic? No, of course they don't. They feel so inferior and threatened by the idea of powerful women that they try and assign us all the blame of the world. And all for what? For men, it's fear of losing their erections, I suppose. For women who are homemakers, it's because they don't want to see their whole lives be made a sham.

--------------------

Jade Hellene
Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted                       
You know, the only new thing I believe that I learned this year is just how many people out there tend to fear and don't tent to understand feminism. I always knew that the media and ultra-fanatical religious groups tended to misrepresent us. What came as a revelation is just how many people still feel threatened by us as well. I mean, hell, it's not like the women's movement has just been around, women have been fighting for their rights for better than a hundred years now. It's just basic common sense to think that, whatever sex you were born, you would want to be treated equally and have the same opportunities. Do others apply this same logic? No, of course they don't. They feel so inferior and threatened by the idea of powerful women that they try and assign us all the blame of the world. And all for what? For men, it's fear of losing their erections, I suppose. For women who are homemakers, it's because they don't want to see their whole lives be made a sham.

--------------------

Jade Hellene
Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Hmm, I seem to have cloned my post.

Well, I'm not erasing it. Some of you need to hear it twice anyway.

--------------------

Jason
Member # 2807

Member Rated:
   posted                       
I think I have learned more tolerance for others. My semester was spent in college. For those of you who are several years removed from college (and I get the feeling that most of you are), you usually begin school with the idea that you have most, if not all of the answers. Sometimes, I still slip back into that mode, but what has been a useful experiment for me is to try and imagine where other people are coming from, if only to see if I might be missing something.

Knowledge and experience are what's most important, it doesn't really seem to matter how we get there.

This is also the first year I have actually gotten the idea of how big religious zealotry has gotten in this country. Those Bible belters were always considered freaks where I grew up. After what happened with the election and this whole "intelligent design" thing that crossed Kansas, I began to realize they are deadly serious. Those people have no business deciding the curiculum of our classrooms, let alone trying to run our country. Government should not be in the God business.
Posts: 318 | From: Dorm Room | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged |   

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted                       
The only thing I`ve learn is all life tried to make it better and the only thing we can leave is doing something to better another person`s life.Dawn even a feminist can be a caregiver:)
Posts: 7896 | From: toledo .ohio | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged |   

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted                       
A homemaker is the greatest gift you can give.

docyabut
Member # 117

Rate Member   posted                       
And what about our men in Iraq, they are lying down their lives everyday to make it better for others.

Jason
Member # 2807

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Q."A homemaker is the greatest gift you can give."

And a home is the greatest gift you can own.

My opinion anyway.

[ 12-20-2005, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: Jason ]
Posts: 318 | From: Dorm Room | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged |   

Calvin Noble
Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted                       
I have to say that at the beginning of this year, I was under the impression that a lot of you were normal, with the exception of Aristotle. Now I confess that I have never seen a bigger horde of lying, electic, pretentious pagans in my lifetime. You think nothing of spewing this pagan filth towards others, never seeming to care that there might be children present. As adults, none of you even seem to care of the example you set for others, through your words and actions. To my supreme disgust, I have seen every form of pagan worship promoted here with the exception of devil worship, and I have no doubt that many of you do Lucifer's work in secret. Even if you don't actually attend the the rituals of worshipping him, the mere fact that you aren't Christians makes you in service to Lucifer.

Oddly, the one religion that is the most dominant in the world today, that of the one true lord, Christianity, is never even discussed, except, of course, in a derogatory way. Many of you should be ashamed of yourselves, to think that you spend so much energy slandering a religion that brings so much comfort to the world.

Now then, by all means, get back to your blasphemy.

--------------------
"An atheist believes in nothing, and so he shall find nothing."

Aristotle
Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Dawn, I have to say that I can see where you're coming from. My main advice, if advice even be sought, is to not worry about the state of the world so much as the state of ourselves.

I can relate to Jason's sentiments. I feel I have grown, myself, a great deal this year. I'm still a skeptic at heart, don't believe in half the things around here that most people here place their faith in. However, I have come to the conclusion that there is enough negativity around here without me adding to it as well. People like Calvin are a perfect example of that. If he has served one purpose here, it's for many of us to take a good look at ourselves and see if we find any of him within us. If the world had less people like Calvin in it, and more people like Dawn Moline, than it might actually someday become a better place.

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

Posts: 357 | From: ancient Athens | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged |   

Jeremy Dokken
Member # 2877

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Definitely gotten weirder, I don't know if it's better or worse yet. I get the feeling it's going to get worse, for all of us, though. Things have been happening the last few years that we never thought could happen. Our normal little world has all cracked away into s>^t. The end of the world as we know it will probably be in our lifetimes, no doubts about that right now.

Valerie
Member # 2095

Member Rated:
   posted                       
On the bright side, my dad got back from the war. It really plays on your nerves to have a relative serving in Iraq. I like to believe we're doing some good over there, who knows, maybe we are. Maybe it's still too soon to tell..? I hope so, but something tells me to expect the worse, though. Expect the worse and you won't always be disappointed, I always say. On the other hand, that learned negative behavior doesn't exactly turn you into an optimist.

I'm a writer, for those of you who don't know, these days, The ideas are still there, but it's hard to find the time! So busy these days, and I don't want to be either, part of me doesn't want to finish it, though, because it's about Atlantis, and writing about makes me feel I'm spending time there. My Atlantis, the way I picture it, no one else's. It's fun.

Things are coming together, maybe not the way I want them to be yet, but they are. And, even though I'm not exactly an optimist, I believe in the future. Despite everything that happens to people in their lives, people are still in comtrol of their lives and the future is still what we make it.

Norman Pounders
Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted                       
Well, Dawn, returned from your sojourn away, I see, but clearly no better than you were before. And here we are, with the makings of yet another whiney liberal thread, from the sound of things so far.

I have no complaints this year myself, Dawn. God has blessed me with a good living, a beautiful family and a president who is not afraid to get the job done, regardless of what people might think of him. I'm a happy man, not ashamed to say that I'm deeply proud of my country, and I can't complain. It's a shame that your life isn't going quite so well, from the sound of things.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Jennifer O'Dell
Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted                       
I guess it's been kind of a weird year for me. I haven't been around much lately because I've been seeing someone and so far, I guess it feels like love. It's the last thing I expected to happen and it feels a little strange to deal with. Not to say that things are perfect, they aren't, but it does change your outlook a lot.

Jennifer O'Dell
Member # 2239

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Anyway, I won't be giving up the forum, I still like a lot of the people here. But I probably won't be here as much as I've been until the newness of it all fades off.

Hey, Merry Christmas, everyone, you guys are the best. Most of you anyway...

Michelle Sandberg
Member # 2194

Member Rated:
   posted                       
My life changed pretty drastically this year, too. Last year, I was so much happier, so certain that I was going to marry Curt and that my life was all set.

This year, everything has gotten so much darker. What I used to be so certain of, I'm no longer certain of at all. I don't know how many people here know this feeling, where you suddenly feel so safe and secure, like everything has all been planned out for you, and then have all that security suddenly just gone. I felt it first back when my father died a few years ago, I felt it a second time this year when I first broke up with Curt. You know, even though I am doing better now than when I first told everyone about all this, I don't actually feel as safe and secure as I once did. Maybe I never will again, eiher. I guess, once you lose something like that, there's no getting it back.

Well, hey, Merry Christmas everyone! I would especially like to wish that to Dawn, Ren, Boreasi, Bluducky, Absonite, Aristotle, Volitzer, Jen, Jennie & Stacy and everyone who has been so nice to me here.

[ 12-22-2005, 01:01 AM: Message edited by: Michelle Sandberg ]

Brooke
Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Hi Dawn,

I would like to limit my comments to my impressions, not of life in general, but to this forum.

For what is this forum but a microcosm of life in the first place?

First off, I'm here for the research and because there do happen to be some bright, intuitive people like yourself, Allison, Jade, Jason, Sarah, and one or two others.

Some of the others happen to be a mix of egocentic religious sexist zealots who are in dire need of getting a life. They don't discuss, they disgust.

It's honest to God like being with a bunch of spoiled children and the morons really need to grow up and get a life outside of this forum. Everyday here, I seem to run into a new one, I guess that misfits with personality disorders tend to flock together.

The normal ones here, no offense meant.
The pathetic attention-cravers, you can stick your heads up your you-know-whats. You're probably used to doing that anyway.

--------------------

Brooke
Member # 2806

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Anyway, sorry, just had to do some venting.

--------------------

Jennie McGrath
Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted                       
You're very much welcome, Michelle, and it's a pleasure, I don't think I know a nicer person!

Hey, Cal and Norm are back everyone..!

Jennie McGrath
Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted                       
This is kind of cool, NASA is looking for new ideas:

NIAC Seeks Phase 1 Proposals To Advance Vision For Space Exploration

Washington DC (SPX) Dec 16, 2005
The NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts is seeking revolutionary ideas to advance the Vision for Space Exploration. Interested parties from outside the agency are invited to submit 2006 Phase 1 proposals by February 13, 2006.
The focus for solicitations is on revolutionary, advanced concepts for architectures and systems that meet NASA mission "grand visions." The institute's intention is to discover ideas that may result in beneficial changes to NASA's long-range plans.

"The institute employs a team of experts in science and technology to review proposals. Successful proposals are highly imaginative but grounded in reality," said Dr. Robert Cassanova of the Universities Space Research Association, the director of the NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts. The Universities Space Research Association runs the institute for NASA.

Previous winning proposals include systems or concepts for a spacecraft propelled by a magnetized beam of electrified gas for rapid interplanetary transportation; an electrostatic radiation shield for a lunar base; and the redesign of living organisms to survive on Mars.

The institute sponsors research in two phases. Proposals selected for Phase 1 awards typically receive as much as $75,000 for a six-month study that validates the viability of the concept and identifies challenges that must be overcome.

Phase 1 studies are evaluated using major feasibility criteria associated with cost, performance, development time, and technology. The most promising are selected for further research, through a Phase 2 award. Phase 2 studies can be up to two years long and receive as much as $400,000.

Phase 1 awards will be announced in April or May 2006. The institute awards about one dozen Phase 1 study contracts per year. The institute encourages submission of proposals via the Internet.

http://www.space-travel.com/news/spacetravel-05zzzzn.html

Jennie McGrath
Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Now's the time for one of us here to draw up blueprints for Stargate/Wormhole technology and potentially make a cool 475 grand!

Europa
Member # 2616

Member Rated:
   posted                       
I will remember this year as the year I was bitten by the "Atlantis" bug. The really odd thing about Atlantis, I've found anyway, is that each time one explores one possibility, it seems to lead to another. Is that because Atlantis is so open to interepretation or is it simply because it never really existed at all?? It's so odd that I still find myself asking that question.

Atlantis is in my blood, and so, I will find the answer. Eventually.

Professionally, I'm still taking classes, but they're progressing nicely. I have a job with the school, so I'm staying on at the university after I graduate in the spring. Personally, it got to be sort of an odd year for me. I had someone propose to me, believe it or not, after one date. It wasn't flattering, it was actually a little weird. I don't want to get married until I get more settled in my career, though, so of course, I declined.

The forum has gotten a little weird lately so that's why you haven't seen me around quite as much as I had been. Hopefully, 2006 will bring about less bickering and bizarre behavior so we can get back to our respective fields of study once again. That's what I'm here for, to take part in the research, nothing more.

[ 12-22-2005, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Europa ]
Posts: 424 | From: Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged |   

Volitzer
Member # 245

Rate Member   posted                       

quote:
Originally posted by Michelle Sandberg:

Cheers Michelle!!! 

Report Spam   Logged

Jade Hellene
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 03:22:06 pm »

Trent
Member # 2174

Member Rated:
   posted                       
Well, I'd like to say that I learned something that radically altered or added to my knowledge of ancient cultures this year, but so far it's a big negative on that. Last year, we at least had that littlerace of hobbit people discoveredm can't even say what the greatest discovery will be this year.

I guess the biggest story of the last few years will be that there is finally getting to be some evidence of a Pre-Clovis culture in the Americas!

--------------------
"That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: