Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 08:47:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Satellite images 'show Atlantis'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3766863.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Nature of God

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Nature of God  (Read 4873 times)
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #570 on: October 14, 2010, 11:11:46 am »

Hi Sarah

Well, I guess it comes down to your perspective... I see that text more as a referance to us, as being a spirit with free will and therefor the power of creation. But in my mind all things have a place in the divine plan and going through a process of perfection.

Those passages of man being made in the image of God and man having dominion over the earth have been used as a justification for man acting like an uncaring brute and trampling the rest of creation underfoot.

There's some heavy karma coming down
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Aristotle
Superhero Member

« Reply #571 on: June 10, 2014, 06:23:52 pm »

We have to take this matter practically. If God did exist, what proof would there even be that he/she/it ever selected any prophet on any religion to bear he/she/its word. For all we know, it could have just been a delusional or self-serving individual who claimed to have this word. There is no way to verify such a thing.
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
Trevor Proffitt
Superhero Member

« Reply #572 on: June 10, 2014, 10:47:06 pm »

Sort of on the fence about this one. Something must have "designed" us. Unless you believe that life is due so some kind of cosmic accident. In my world, there are no accidents.
Report Spam   Logged
Baphomet
Superhero Member

« Reply #573 on: June 11, 2014, 12:38:08 am »

People of all faiths assume a god that is wholly benevolent. But human beings, made in God's own image, are hardly benevolent, so might that mean that our deity is possessed of our same flaws?
Report Spam   Logged

"The sleep of reason brings forth monsters." - Goya
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: