Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:09:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Nature of God

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Nature of God  (Read 4878 times)
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2008, 10:54:45 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 05-23-2005 09:48 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Understanding others is knowledge,
Understanding oneself is enlightenment;
Conquering others is power,
Conquering oneself is strength;
Contentment is wealth,
Forceful conduct is wilfullness;
Not losing ones rightful place is to endure,
To die and not be forgotten is longevity."

The way
Lao Tzu

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 1756 | From: Pontiac, MI. Oakland | Registered: Mar 2005   
Report Spam   Logged

"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #466 on: August 12, 2008, 10:55:54 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 05-23-2005 10:04 PM                       
You know, all that I suggested was that you form a name for God from your own perspective and I intimated that God might find that more valuable than all the cut and pastes of other peoples finding God, if you know what I am getting at.
Besides you already know that I am the cut and paste king here and Merlin for one and many others have some definite views about C&P which is all fine and dandy when one has a photographic memory.   Smiley

To further clarify the idea UK......

I admonish you to give up the practice of always quoting the prophets of old and praising the heroes of Israel, and instead aspire to become living prophets of the Most High and spiritual heroes of the coming kingdom. To honor the God-knowing leaders of the past may indeed be worth while, but why, in so doing, should you sacrifice the supreme experience of human existence: finding God for yourselves and knowing him in your own souls?"

[ 05-23-2005, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Absonite ]

Report Spam   Logged

"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #467 on: August 12, 2008, 10:56:40 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 05-23-2005 10:26 PM                       
Well Abs

I think God already has enough names, I don't think he'll be too disappointed if I don't add another to the long list.

Actually as I have said in the past the very reason for our existence is reaching for god, too know and experience divine love. Although this might sound like metaphysical nonsense to some, it is how I feel.
Also I don't neccessarily feel experiencing God has to be some kind of ecstatic or mind blowing spiritual experience. One can come closer to God in simple ways such as enjoying a sunset and watering a garden as long as you have peace in your heart and quiet mind.

I personally do not feel there is a single path to God, the various cultures of the world are different from one another, the people within those cultures are different from one another.
For me it is not reasonable to assume that God has only prepared a narrow path that leds back to him but that he has provided a broad avenue, and not a single one of his sheep will be lost on the mountain side in their journey.
Some may tary along the way, some may be caught in briers or thorn bushes for a time but all will make it safely home.

As for me the dogma of this or that particular faith it is not that important to me. I know the lord provides, and he has prepared a path for ALL his children.

[ 05-23-2005, 10:51 PM: Message edited by: unknown ]

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #468 on: August 12, 2008, 10:57:42 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 05-24-2005 12:36 AM                       
ok Unk,
at least I tried.
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #469 on: August 12, 2008, 10:58:41 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 05-24-2005 07:26 AM                       
You know Absonite

Some people here might be interested in what the prophets of old and the heroes of Israel have to say about the subjects we are discussing.

As for cutting and pasting I was adding information to a question Andrew raised, not responding to your vague question or comments about God in the bible being Luciferians.
I also did not indulge in the vanity of creating my own name for God as you suggested. You say I should become a living prophet of God far be it from me to be so presumptous and arrogant. God calls whom he will and is no respecter of persons.

You tried what? to get me to stop posting messages with the words of the prophets and sages of old on the nature of God!

I'm sorry but these Prophets and sages you seem to disdain have withstood the test of the ages, in my opinion there is no better authority on the subject at hand. Far be it from me to disparage anyone elses religious beliefs, but you leave me sorely tempted to do just that, is this the reaction you wished for, if not I suggest you try a different tact.

Why is it you want me to stop adding information that is pertinent to the discussion?

This is Nature of God thread and what is more revelvant than the names of God in the bible to that discussion?

I have come to the conclusion that you just wanted to start an argument with me, if this is the case I suggest you pick someone else to start an argument as I am not here to trade barbs but to learn and share what I have learned.

[ 05-24-2005, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: unknown ]
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #470 on: August 12, 2008, 10:58:51 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 05-24-2005 08:14 AM                       
UnK,

I think you have completely missed the point I was making and the point of the quote as well and also the Luciferian reference.
Nothing at all had any reference to me "distaining" the prophets of old.
You have completely misjudged the post; me and the point made.
Forget it. It was nothing.
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #471 on: August 12, 2008, 10:59:50 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 05-24-2005 02:19 PM                       
I apologize

If I have misunderstood your intent Absonite.
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #472 on: August 12, 2008, 11:00:13 pm »

19Merlin69
unregistered

posted 05-24-2005 06:22 PM                 
I'm feeling the love now - fellas...    Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #473 on: August 12, 2008, 11:00:33 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 05-24-2005 08:53 PM                       
UnK,

quote:

I apologize
If I have misunderstood your intent Absonite.

You misunderstood the thing from every possible conceivable angle and then some.

I think it is only fair to accept your apology after you can explain back to me what my point was and what I was trying to get across to you. Otherwise your apology is worthless because you have learned nothing and there would be no point in apologizing.
Here's a hint, it had something to do with your own spiritual growth and welfare.

[ 05-24-2005, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: Absonite ]
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #474 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:29 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 05-24-2005 09:43 PM                       
You know nothing about me or my spiritual progress, or my many years of study, contemplation and meditation. Nothing of the personal sacrifices I have made to follow my own path towards enlightenment.

You presume far to much, all I can say is that the apology was offered whether you accept it or not is up to you.
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #475 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:43 pm »

Archangel

Member # 2097

Member Rated:
   posted 05-24-2005 09:47 PM                       
The Nature of God = peace, love and forgiveness!

[ 05-24-2005, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Archangel ]

--------------------
Beware the All-Seeing Eye. It watches you even as you sleep. The power touches every corner of the earth.

Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #476 on: August 12, 2008, 11:01:53 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 05-24-2005 10:45 PM                       
Was it too deep? Is that the problem?

Maybe not deep enough?

Maybe too shallow.

[ 05-24-2005, 11:30 PM: Message edited by: Absonite ]
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #477 on: August 12, 2008, 11:02:46 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 05-25-2005 10:10 AM                       
Contemplating the nature of God (Ein Sof)through his various names as is done in the Kabalalisic system utilizing the tree of the Sefirot can be a rewarding exercise.

This was the direction I was headed with the Posts from the "Essential Kabala." The Kabalistic names of God are not only linguistic but also mathematical and musical they stand for governing and creative principles. Kabalistic mysticism is based upon contemplation of the names of God to reach enlightenment and a better understand of the Diety.

Also the names of God in the Bible among christians are contemplative tools helping one percieve God's true nature. Also these names can up be used in prayer such as calling his healing name Jehovah-Rapha.

I cannot create a better system than this, The roots of this system come from a time when man was closer to God and in my opinion provided to him by divine inspitarion or direct knowledge of the Spiritual realm.
For me creating another name for God would be a fruitless exercise of no possible benefit to me, or anyway else.

[ 05-25-2005, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: unknown ]
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #478 on: August 12, 2008, 11:03:08 pm »

Metatron

Member # 2413

Member Rated:
   posted 05-25-2005 05:54 PM                       
Unknown.. I recently started reading some books concerning the Kaballah... and so far have found it most intersting and thought provoking. Any resources you would recommend?

--------------------
Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo. H.G. Wells

Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #479 on: August 12, 2008, 11:03:52 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 05-25-2005 06:41 PM                       
Unk,

I think you're way off base here. You don't understand God and don't know God.
My little exercise would have brought you to a much closer relationship with your final destiny. Foinding God and knowing God as a personal experience. Not the quoting of passages of old from other men who once took the trouble of getting to know God and finding him in their own experience. Not their neighbors. Sure you can learn something your way, but as Merlin says, Let's take a step back from the book depository window and look at all the pretty books instead of the caravan below and the guy crouching on the grassey knowl.
You know why Merlin hates cut and paste with his photographic memory? Probably for the same reason I do not memorize stuff. It's about learning and knowing.
Right now, God to you is a rumor and you are going about getting to know your rumor like he is a stranger that you are curious about but are too afraid that your speaking directly to him would not be up to snuff. I venture to say that you could come up with your own name for your best friend and that He would even appreciate it.
Just a thought, don't get all freaked out about it.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: