Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 01:41:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Nature of God

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Nature of God  (Read 4989 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2007, 02:15:56 am »

Baphomet

Member # 2177

Member Rated:
   posted 12-13-2004 07:58 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spiritwalker,
I like your posts, they show a spiritual, forgiving nature. You are one of the good ones (humans)   Smiley However, as I said earlier, I don't believe in mankind's essential goodness. For every "good" one there is of you, there are at least ten bad ones, that I have found. {Of course, it is a Monday)

Bluducky, of course humanity is CONFUSED. And that is why it has fallen such prey to EVIL.

As for my point on CHAOS, what sort of evidence do you need? You'll have to be more specific.

Let me tell you of an event that others may have heard of that happened in this country about two weeks ago: a mother, suffering post-partum depression, cut off her newborn baby's ARMS. Of course, the child bled to death. The woman will no doubt get away with it by pleading INSANITY. It seems that humanity is now, at this time, capabale of every CONCEIVABLE CRIME. The world is awash in EVIL. More to the point, though, what kind of god would sit idly by and allow something like that to happen? For free will..? For choice..? The child did nothing, could have offended no one.

So when I tell you that evil has at least grown as powerful as good in this world, I am not speaking hollowly, the evidence is all around us. It is for each of us if we close our eyes to that truth or if we choose to see.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2007, 02:16:24 am »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 12-13-2004 09:39 PM                       
Bapho,
It appears that your belief is that we humans are here in life one time only.
Those "ten bad ones" are each experiencing the arc of this life-time and are perhaps without visible evidence, making small shifts, baby steps, towards true expression of their God-self.

You and I may never see the evidence of these things in someone elses life. Your thoughts and words about the other person have immense power, not so much in their life, but in yours. The old, old adage of "bounces off of me and sticks to you" is essentially true!

You said "as I said earlier, I don't believe in mankind's essential goodness."
Sadly, expression and essence are two different things. Mankind's expression, because of free will, fails most of the time,BUT, mankind's essence is God-self....always waiting to become expressed.

[This message has been edited by rockessence (edited 12-13-2004).]

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2007, 02:16:50 am »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 12-16-2004 12:06 AM                       
Interesting. I don't think that one can wholly qualify God by the amount of good or evil permitted in the world. As I said earlier, an imperfect God might mean well, yet have her limitations. For instance, I don't believe that God has dominion over the heart and the soul, that is mankind's domain.
Unlike Baphomet, I have to believe that, at it's core, humanity is basically good, though..! I suppose we all have to, being humans ourselves, we would all like to make a good impression.

Posts: 446 | From: citizen of the world | Registered: Oct 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2007, 02:17:17 am »

Andrew Waters

Member # 914

posted 12-16-2004 08:21 AM                       

Rockessence said, ''Sadly, expression and essence are two different things. Mankind's expression, because of free will, fails most of the time,BUT, mankind's essence is God-self....always waiting to become expressed.''

So it follows that mankind is like God and God is like man. Right? I think the extension is undeniable.

Posts: 2639 | From: Akron, Ohio, USA | Registered: May 2002   
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #109 on: December 18, 2007, 02:17:48 am »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 12-16-2004 10:55 AM                       
Andrew,
Maybe..."Mankind is like, Oh God!" and "God is like, WOW!"

But back to the discussion....I feel that God (the most visible part) is a matrix of energy (light)expressed by electrons. This is what retracts from the body at death in all life forms except mineral.

Another tangible part of God/matrix is the expression of goodness/godness by humans. This is also light, transferable between humans by thought and feeling. In this way man is like God as it is the holding and the transfering of light that expresses Godself.

The true self of each human is composed of a body(with a brain and free will), a higher mind, which is the conciousness that retracts at death, And above that, a "God-self" component or "Presence of God", an individualized piece of the God-matrix.

Many people are hurt and damaged in ways that cause them to fear expressing their true God-nature. Also most are mis-informed about the nature of their life. Fear, I think is always at the root of, not only "all evil" but also sad desperation lived by those who stop themselves from expressing their true goodness/Godness.

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #110 on: December 18, 2007, 02:18:21 am »

Baphomet

Member # 2177

Member Rated:
   posted 12-16-2004 08:45 PM                       

quote:
Baphomet, I think you are tender hearted , so to counter act the evil in this world Baph, you go out and right the wrongs, make a difference for the better in someones life.
It is catching I hear.

How on earth did I go from assumed Satan worshipper to generous do-gooder in just one page?

Spiritwalker, for what it is worth, I believe that women are closer to God. Dawn may have been right earlier when she said that it is in women's nature to create, while men mainly destroy. I know this because only about ten percent of the female prison population is female.

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #111 on: December 18, 2007, 02:19:02 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 12-17-2004 08:07 AM                       
Baphomet,
your confusion lies in you myopic view of life and the universe in general. Perhaps the following might broaden your picture of reality regarding good and evil....

"195:5.10 Do not try to satisfy the curiosity or gratify all the latent adventure surging within the soul in one short life in the flesh. Be patient! be not tempted to indulge in a lawless plunge into cheap and sordid adventure. Harness your energies and bridle your passions; be calm while you await the majestic unfolding of an endless career of progressive adventure and thrilling discovery.

195:5.11 In confusion over man's origin, do not lose sight of his eternal destiny. Forget not that Jesus loved even little children, and that he forever made clear the great worth of human personality.

195:5.12 As you view the world, remember that the black patches of evil which you see are shown against a white background of ultimate good. You do not view merely white patches of good which show up miserably against a black background of evil.

195:5.13 When there is so much good truth to publish and proclaim, why should men dwell so much upon the evil in the world just because it appears to be a fact? The beauties of the spiritual values of truth are more pleasurable and uplifting than is the phenomenon of evil.

195:5.14 In religion, Jesus advocated and followed the method of experience, even as modern science pursues the technique of experiment. We find God through the leadings of spiritual insight, but we approach this insight of the soul through the love of the beautiful, the pursuit of truth, loyalty to duty, and the worship of divine goodness. But of all these values, love is the true guide to real insight."

and also..........

"54:6.4 But one thing should be made clear: If you are made to suffer the evil consequences of the sin of some member of your family, some fellow citizen or fellow mortal, even rebellion in the system or elsewhere -- no matter what you may have to endure because of the wrongdoing of your associates, fellows, or superiors -- you may rest secure in the eternal assurance that such tribulations are transient afflictions. None of these fraternal consequences of misbehavior in the group can ever jeopardize your eternal prospects or in the least degree deprive you of your divine right of Paradise ascension and God attainment.

54:6.5 And there is compensation for these trials, delays, and disappointments which invariably accompany the sin of rebellion. Of the many valuable repercussions of the Lucifer rebellion which might be named, I will only call attention to the enhanced careers of those mortal ascenders, the Jerusem citizens, who, by withstanding the sophistries of sin, placed themselves in line for becoming future Mighty Messengers, fellows of my own order. Every being who stood the test of that evil episode thereby immediately advanced his administrative status and enhanced his spiritual worth.

54:6.6 At first the Lucifer upheaval appeared to be an unmitigated calamity to the system and to the universe. Gradually benefits began to accrue. With the passing of twenty-five thousand years of system time (twenty thousand years of Urantia time), the Melchizedeks began to teach thatÊ the good resulting from Lucifer's folly had come to equal the evil incurred. The sum of evil had by that time become almost stationary, continuing to increase only on certain isolated worlds, while the beneficial repercussions continued to multiply and extend out through the universe and superuniverse, even to Havona. The Melchizedeks now Êteach that the good resulting from the Satania rebellion is more than a thousand times the sum of all the evil.

54:6.7 But such an extraordinary and beneficent harvest of wrongdoing could only be brought about by the wise, divine, and merciful attitude of all of Lucifer's superiors, extending from the Constellation Fathers on Edentia to the Universal Father on Paradise. The passing of time has enhanced the consequential good to be derived from the Lucifer folly; and since the evil to be penalized was quite fully developed within a comparatively short time, it is apparent that the all-wise and farseeing universe rulers would be certain to extend the time in which to reap increasingly beneficial results. Regardless of the many additional reasons for delaying the apprehension and adjudication of the Satania rebels, this one gain would have been enough to explain why these sinners were not sooner interned, and why they have not been adjudicated and destroyed.

54:6.8 Shortsighted and time-bound mortal minds should be slow to criticize the time delays of the farseeing and all-wise administrators of universe affairs.

54:6.9 One error of human thinking respecting these problems consists in the idea that all evolutionary mortals on an evolving planet would choose to enter upon the Paradise career if sin had not cursed their world. The ability to decline survival does not date from the times of the Lucifer rebellion. Mortal man has always possessed the endowment of freewill choice regarding the Paradise career.

54:6.10 As you ascend in the survival experience, you will broaden your universe concepts and extend your horizon of meanings and values; and thus will you be able the better to understand why such beings as Lucifer and Satan are permitted to continue in rebellion. You will also better comprehend how ultimate (if not immediate) good can be derived from time-limited evil. After you attain Paradise, you will really be enlightened and comforted when you listen to the superaphic philosophers discuss and explain these profound problems of universe adjustment. But even then, I doubt that you will be fully satisfied in your own minds. At least I was not even when I had thus attained the acme of universe philosophy. I did not achieve a full comprehension of these complexities until after I had been assigned to administrative duties in the superuniverse, where by actual experience I have acquired conceptual capacity adequate for the comprehension of such many-sided problems in cosmic equity and spiritual philosophy. As you ascend Paradiseward, you will increasingly learn that many problematic features of universe administration can only be comprehended subsequent to the acquirement of increased experiential capacity and to the achievement of enhanced spiritual insight. Cosmic wisdom is essential to the understanding of cosmic situations.

54:6.11 Presented by a Mighty Messenger of experiential survival in the first system rebellion in the universes of time now attached to the superuniverse government of Orvonton and acting in this matter by request of Gabriel of Salvington."

http://urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p054.htm

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2007, 02:19:43 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 12-17-2004 09:39 AM                       
Baphomet,
additionally,

"P47:6, 3:2.8 The planetary creatures of God's spirit indwelling, scattered hither and yon throughout the universes of space, are so nearly infinite in number and order, their intellects are so diverse, their minds are so limited and sometimes so grossÊ, their vision is so curtailed and localized, that it is almost impossible to formulate generalizations of law adequately expressive of the Father's infinite attributes and at the same time to any degree comprehensible to these created intelligences. Therefore, to you the creature, many of the acts of the all-powerful Creator seem to be arbitrary, detached, and not infrequently heartless and cruel. But again I assure you that this is not true. God's doings are all purposeful, intelligent, wise, kind, and eternally considerate of the best good, not always of an individual being, an individual race, an individual planet, or even an individual universe; but they are for the welfare and best good of all concerned, from the lowest to the highest. In the epochs of time the welfare of the part may sometimes appear to differ from the welfare of the whole; in the circle of eternity such apparent differences are nonexistent.

P48:1, 3:2.9 We are all a part of the family of God, and we must therefore sometimes share in the family discipline. Many of the acts of God which so disturb and confuse us are the result of the decisions and final rulings of all-wisdom, empowering the Conjoint Actor to execute the choosing of the infallible will of the infinite mind, to enforce the decisions of the personality of perfection, whose survey, vision, and solicitude embrace the highest and eternal welfare of all his vast and far-flung creation.

P48:2, 3:2.10 Thus it is that your detached, sectional, finite, Êgross, and highly materialistic viewpoint and the limitations inherent in the nature of your being constitute such a handicap that you are unable to see, comprehend, or know the wisdom and kindness of many of the divine acts which to you seem fraught with such crushing cruelty, and which seem to be characterized by such utter indifference to the comfort and welfare, to the planetary happiness and personal prosperity, of your fellow creatures. It is because of the limits of human vision, it is because of your circumscribed understanding and finite comprehension, that you misunderstand the motives, and pervert the purposes, of God. But many things occur on the evolutionary worlds which are not the personal doings of the Universal Father."

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2007, 02:20:34 am »

Calvin

Member # 2228

Member Rated:
   posted 12-17-2004 12:38 PM                       
OK I'm confused,

quote:
I know this because only about ten percent of the female prison population is female.

Wouldn't 100% of the population of a female prison be female? Else why would it be called a female prison?

Are you talking about a mixed prison? I used to live just a few miles from a female prison and the whole pop. was female. It was small yes but no male prisoners were allowed. I got a flyer on my door one day cuz some yahoo was trying to get the prison to be mixed to accomondate overflowing male prisons.

Going off of what Rockessence said,

quote:
..."Mankind is like, Oh God!" and "God is like, WOW!"

Maybe..."Mankind is like, whaa? and God is like, Doh!"

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2007, 02:21:06 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 12-20-2004 05:32 PM                       
Sprawker
nice link. Why did you post it? Doesn't it seem distorted and childish to you? It kind of tells the basic story of the truth of what happened here but in such a puerile fashion that it naturally becomes a myth and somewhat unbelieveable. Revelation corrects errors and misrepresentations about such significantly historical events of planetary history such as what the Archons depict and puts it into a more understandable frame of reference.
At least for 20th century man.

I liked the part where the visible was made from the invisible. 

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2007, 02:21:36 am »

via mars 2
Member # 1970

Member Rated:
   posted 12-20-2004 07:14 PM                       
that's real cute, calvin. only ...
ms. walker goes for that stuff.
i think?
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2007, 02:22:14 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 12-22-2004 07:33 AM                       
Sprawker,
What happened to the Urantia file that you began under the common ground topic.?

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2007, 02:22:45 am »

siarhei
Member # 2185

Rate Member   posted 12-22-2004 07:38 AM                       
Have you ever sougth, that god might be some powerfull alien intelligence?
------------------

Posts: 38 | From: Newcastle U pon Tyne,United Kingdom | Registered: Oct 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2007, 02:23:18 am »

sangmele
Member # 1758

Rate Member   posted 12-22-2004 08:20 AM                       
god is the one who's body cells are galaxies.
Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2007, 02:23:49 am »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 12-22-2004 03:44 PM                       
Sprawker,
sorry to hear that. I wasn't aware that you were running a most popular thread file. I put a lot of work into the information there and several hours.
I was under the impression that the file was for everyone to use and did not have any set deadlines when someone would be able to access it or post there. Next time you start a most popular post contest please let me know up front so I don't waste my time.
thanks.

Report Spam   Logged

-Plato
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: