Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 01:26:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Nature of God

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Nature of God  (Read 4870 times)
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 11:42:22 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 12-01-2004 11:13 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now let me tell you all what I believe about the origins of God. As I said before I don't believe we're all here by accident, I think that there is some divine hand guiding all of this. What sort of hand and where it came from seems to be the ultimate question.
I believe we first have to strip away all the religious dogma from all this to actually get at what God really is.

First off, let's explore time. I don't believe that time moves in a linear fashion as most would have us believe. Time is a river, with currents that circle and ripple and roll back, often to the same shore. (I think that some of you can perhaps already see where I'm going with this). In other words, God didn't neccessarily have to be born in the beginning, before the creation of the universe, in fact, it was more likely that God was born later, well after the Big Bang. For me, it's the most practical solution.

Rockessence is probably correct in assuming that God is most likely an "it" rather than a "he" or a "she," but if God has an essential nature, I'm betting that it's female, not male, contrary to popular belief. God's main function is to create, and, by our very natures, men destroy while women are the ones who do all the creating. In the Bible, Adam is said to be made from God's own image, yet since the Bible was most likely written by men, it's most likely this is not the most objective point of view. Before Christianity, it was commonplace to have the female goddess as the preeminent power, which, to my mind, means that the ancients had some knowledge we've lost. The temperment of God in the Bible, too: angry and impulsive throughout much of the Old Testament, yet distant and remote throughout the New Testament, isn't it much like a woman's temperment..? I know I can get like that at least. I leave it to each of you to draw your own conclusions.

How can God create such beauty and yet also such imperfection?

Well, my own answer happens to be this: first off, God may be all-powerful, but I don't believe that God is perfect. The evidence of that imperfection is all around us. Only an imperfect being would even create all this without taking into consideration all the various flaws seen throughout every creation. Equally, there is no purpose for things like war or famine, disease or pestilence, no purpose for greed or bigotry or envy either. When it comes down to it, it's sheer madness for anyone to even begin to argue that there is, or worse, to cite "God's wrath" about things like Aids, which has killed so many. The only logical explanation is to say that God, an imperfect being, capable of creating much beauty, has to be also quite fallible.

In other words, a very HUMAN God.

Which leads to the most important question: how did God even come into being in the first place?

Science and evolution provide the answer here like they do with so many other things. God was made someplace in the MIDDLE of the story, not the beginning, contrary to popular belief.

My own answer to this goes something like this: sometime in the future, perhaps millions of years from now, a single human, most likely a female, shall evolve into a being, so powerful that it will actually fulfill mankind's greatest fantasies and take on our most cherished role: it will actually BECOME GOD. It will fill the place long left vacant for it in the universe. Naturally, it will be the last of it's kind, and, remembering it's lost humanity, it shall eventually crave more HUMAN company and then come to make all this.

Did God create all of us to be worshiped or did it simply want company? A HUMAN god would have no need for worship, and one that was alone would have no need for vanity, so I'm betting company.

Time, being a river, things flow back to the beginning again and, in that great burst of first light (the Big Bang), the universe will be made for the first time, or, if you prefer, remade, it matters not to me. Yet, it won't be a perfect universe because the being itself isn't perfect, not by a longshot.

Lucifer could rebel once again, or perhaps for the first time. Dinosaurs shall once more roam the earth, or perhaps this will be their first creation. Eve shall take a bite of the apple. God, expecting more from her, will no doubt be all the more disappointed and punish her far greater than Adam (the pain of childbirth).

It's the only logical answer to what has always been the most often asked question: why is there so much pain and suffering in the world? Why does God not do something to stop it, being so all-powerful..?

The answer goes something like this, and, to me, at least, there can only be only one answer, no matter how often we use words like "faith" and "being tested": God is not perfect and some things are beyond even God's control. They have to be. God is or was human, too, and so, we shouldn't blame God for every bad thing that happens to us because God must have been human, too, and so, might deserves just as much sympathy an understanding, as we would grant ourselves. And why not? Imagine the sadness and loneliness of this single being, so set apart from the rest of creation, imagine the isolation. Each of us are pets to a, most liketly, very sad master. It's a hard job being God, I know I certainly wouldn't want to do it.

[This message has been edited by Dawn Moline (edited 12-01-2004).]

Report Spam   Logged

"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 39   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: