Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 05:40:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Towering Ancient Tsunami Devastated the Mediterranean
http://www.livescience.com/environment/061130_ancient_tsunami.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Changing the World

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changing the World  (Read 3928 times)
Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: December 12, 2007, 11:02:38 pm »

Changing the World...

I was having a discussion with a friend about this the other day and it occurred to me that it be worthwhile to bring the discussion to the rest of you. I'm not very fond of this time we happen to be living in, and personally, have always felt something like a walking anachronism. We have more ways to communicate, and yet are more removed than ever from the human condition. We can accumulate a wealth of possessions, but have any of them truly made us happy? So many things have been designed to make our lives more efficient so then why are always running short of time..? The message of God, rather than be a source of comfort, has been appropriated by people who tend to use it, more often out of hate, rather than love.

If I had my way, every human being would work to understand one another rather than judge, help, rather than hurt. I would tear down the borders of all our countries and let there be no countries at all. Weapons would be eliminated, we would have no armies, and there would be no wars. I would eliminate all organized religion, so often the source of all the world's evils. In place, we would have a more spiritual society, more in tune with the earth. The only technology allowed to survive would be that which could heal.

Ours would be an artistic society, filled with poets, philosophers, scientists, writers, artists, artisans. We would build something different of this place than what we have now. I would bring back to life great people like Leonardo, Michelangelo, Shakespeare, Einstein and Mozart. Culture would be the preeminent goal, and we would make something truly beautiful of this world.

And, lastly, I would rename my new world, start everything from scratch. Instead of calling it, earth, I would give it a new name, "Atlantis." And everyone who wonders where Atlantis would be, need not wonder at all. Because, no matter wherever they were, there it would be. Atlantis would be inside us all.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:26:02 pm by Dawn Moline » Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 11:03:14 pm »

No matter if you would only make small changes, or big ones, let's each of us design our own world and see what we find. Once again, I encourage everyone to participate.

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000287;p=1
Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
Volitzer
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 02:56:49 am »

Report Spam   Logged
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 01:28:59 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 04-26-2005 08:37 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, Dawn, this certainly has the look of another essentially empty topic that all the many pseudo-intellectual liberals of this forum can add their three or four hundred posts to. Congratulations on a job well done.

I suppose it wouldn't bother you that in your America, Muslim extremists could just run over America's defenseless borders and then just kill us all? Oh, I'm forgetting, in your worldview, there wouldn't even be any countries. Yes, that would work. Would homosexuality be encouraged in your new world, Dawn? I'm guessing it would be. Dorian might like that.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 01:30:09 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 04-26-2005 08:47 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Dawn,

A wonderful idea.

As a further addition to Dawn's post (If she will permit me), I would like to point out that this thread is NOT about to be innundated with any "have you no shame" comments, for desiring to change the world. This is a very open discussion, intended to eliminate problems, not create more. If you have problems with this, the do NOT participate.

-----------------------

What I would change is organized religion (and I bet you all wonder why  ) religion, is of iteslf, a good and noble thing, however, when it becomes 'organized' and run by 'rulemakers', the ESSENCE of religion dies, and it become nought more but licence to prejudice.

I would eliminate toxic gasses etc that pollute the air -- although there is evidence indicating that if we humans STOPPED polluting the atmosphere, the Ozone layer would weaken. (meaning our pollution strengthens it. It needs a source of energy to support it, and we provide that, it seems.) I like things nice and natural...

I would let the dead STAY dead  Great works would be the norm should the 'great people' remain alive indefinitely. (where is my prize for being a great person?  ) 

I would advance technology to a degree that it is no longer worth fighting over, thus ushering in a golden age of prosperity, and world unity.

I would create off world gardens, to supply food demands on our overpopulated world. Failing that, I would encourage people to have small families to avoid overpopulation, and instil greater morals into people, showing them that a life is worth more than the world it lives in, therefore, do not act irresponsibly or hastily in creating it. (this will also eliminate adoptions, abortions etc)

that's it for now...

--------------------
So live your life and live it well, Theres not much left of me to tell, I just got back up each time I fell...

Report Spam   Logged

"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu
Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 01:30:46 pm »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 04-26-2005 09:12 PM                       
We need more technology, not less. I would like to live in a civilization that has evolved, rather than de-evolved. I'd like so see interplanetary travel on a routine basis, and where our contacts with alien civilizations are out in the open, not hidden like they are now.

Wouldn't it be great to live in a time, where, instead of the average citizen going to the mall, you can fly off to Mars when you get the chance? How about getting the chance to explore the rest of the galaxy on your own, by yourself, alone??

The problem with this time, if you ask me, is that it is too BORING. We're not stuck in the past, but we're not exactly living in an advanced time in the future either. The world, as it is now, blows big-time.

Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 01:31:09 pm »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 04-26-2005 09:13 PM                       
Bummer about your fiance, Blu.
Send her here.

One or all of us will straighten her out. 
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 01:31:29 pm »

Veronica Poe

Member # 2172

posted 04-26-2005 09:30 PM                       
I would like to live in a world where people are not so judgmental, where women are treated with a higher regard, and where people can have sex with one another without risk of death, disease, or other bad consequences. And I don't much care what time I would have to live in to do that either. Wouldn't it be great to live in a time where people could just fall in love with each other? 
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2007, 01:31:53 pm »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 04-26-2005 09:43 PM                       
I would definitely be all for eliminating organized religion, which, in the long run, has ended up doing more harm to people than good. The only belief that is needed ispeace.

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2007, 01:32:16 pm »

Psycho

Member # 2035

posted 04-26-2005 10:06 PM                       
I would love to live in the world of...Marvel Comics! Have since I was a kid. Wouldn't it be great to see the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and Spiderman on a daily basis?? Wouldn't it be great to have Dr. Doom at the U.N.? Can you imagine how that would shake things up there? How about if Galactus came to the earth and wanted to eat it whole?

Make mine Marvel!

Excelsior!!   
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2007, 01:32:37 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 04-26-2005 10:08 PM                       
Very well, Dawn, I'll play your little game.
I'm perfectly fine with the time we're living in, I just happen to believe that it needs a little adjustment, that's all.

I would like to live in a situation where liberals like yourself no longer exist, where Muslim extremists are gone, too, and where America is the unquestioned moral leader of the world. I'm afraid that pseudo-hippies like yourself would be out of luck in that type of world. Does that answer your question?

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2007, 01:33:03 pm »

Calvin Noble

Member # 2238

Rate Member   posted 04-26-2005 10:31 PM                       

quote:
I would eliminate all organized religion, so often the source of all the world's evils. In place, we would have a more spiritual society, more in tune with the earth.

Never miss a chance to show your disrespect for organized religion, do you Dawn? Even though it is the source of comfort throughout the world over, you must continually show your disdain. What is it in your past that drives you to constantly undermine the teachings of the lord? And why have you been missing from here lately?

Now your heathen mafia of Baphomet, Aristotle, Trent, Veronica or one of the others will all gang up on me like you always have in the past, telling me that I am a bad person. Very well, I await their arrival.

--------------------
"An atheist believes in nothing, and so he shall find nothing."

Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 01:33:28 pm »

Volitzer

Member # 245

Rate Member   posted 04-26-2005 10:39 PM                       
After some of us here prove the exo-human's mining operations and 5 psi atmosphere on the moon then we will be more than happy to take you guys to Venus and see what a world w/o wars and organized religion is actually like.

Veronica, sex is always going to run the risk of responsibility no matter what planet you're on. Venus has the reputation of being a planet of peace and love but your lack of forethought in your promiscuiity would even be cause for concern even with the Venusians.

Norman:

I hate to tell you this buddy but the Cryptocrats who start all the wars on this planet are based in the remote regions of the Nevada desert. This War on Terror is nothing but a Cryptocrat cover for American Oil imperialism in the Middle-East. Saddam and Osama wouldn't trade with the USA so they were removed. I am an American myself. There have been many instances where Venusians have benevolently tried to share zero point technology with us so we'd give up our dirty, polluting fossil fuel industries. However since the Cryptocrats would loose so much power over this planet everything astronomic gets suppressed. NASA is nothing but a Cryptocratic front that spends millions to bore Earth humanity with exo-geology so as to limit the desire for space travel amoung Earth nations. Thereby maintaining their Cryptonomy, oil imperialism and warfare based economy. In a nutshell what you see on Star Trek, NG, DS9, Voyager etc. is A Venusian and other exo-huamn reality. 

www.gafintl-adamski.com

[ 04-26-2005, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: Volitzer ] 
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 01:34:01 pm »

Volitzer

Member # 245

Rate Member   posted 04-26-2005 10:47 PM                       
Calvin:

Venus is religionless and yet lives in peace with no wars.

Your idol G W Bush and the other Bushes as well as the Saudis all have ties to the oil industry thus standing membership in the Cryptocracy.

Not to bust your bubble or anything but espousing morality and having a picture of G W is like saying you're a Christian with Hitler's picture. 

Bush Sr., Bush Jr., Cheney, Kissenger they're all in on it. We don't have Republicans in the Bush Administration we have Cryptocrat puppets.

[ 04-26-2005, 10:48 PM: Message edited by: Volitzer ] 
Report Spam   Logged

Aphrodite
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 01:34:25 pm »

Morrison

Member # 2156

Member Rated:
   posted 04-26-2005 10:48 PM                       
Wow, Dawn starts another topic to get everyone engaged in a postitive discussion and gets another lecture from the right wing fanatic wing for her troubles. Don't you guys ever quit?

And Volitzer, I like Veronica, I feel total sympathy for her problems. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: