Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 07:14:56 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ARE Search For Atlantis 2007 Results
http://mysterious-america.net/bermudatriangle0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Meaning of Existence (Original)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Meaning of Existence (Original)  (Read 6239 times)
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« on: December 16, 2007, 07:12:34 pm »

Anassa

Member # 2386

Member Rated:
   posted 05-18-2005 01:31 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Come on Dawn. I would never have taken you for a quitter   Smiley
You worry too much about the state of the world and why other people are what they are and do what they do. Focus on you. As long as you continue to seek answers sincerely, and I believe you are very sincere, that is what is important.
You can care about others and the world but you can't change them. You seem to think that if the world and others change it will make you happier to be here when in fact it's the other way around.
If you lived on a paradise island but were unhappy inside it may not appear like such a paradise after all.

I've been seeking answers for more years than I care to count and I still didn't find them all but it doesn't matter because at some point I realised that it was the journey that was important and I wouldn't change the journey I've had for anything.
It's a journey into yourself.

You said: "There is no easy answer, and, for me, at least, all the old ones I had no longer have any meaning".

In one way there is actually an easy answer but sometimes we have to take the long way around to understand what that is.
You are already blessed with a loving heart and what would you say if I told you that that is all you really need?
Take the long way around and I guarantee that is the answer you will arrive back at, and you will learn so much else along the way that might explain a little about the hows and whys.
Each time you get an answer or you think you have found an answer, something else will come along and contradict that answer.
So you check out the possibilities in the new answer, which will lead to more questions and then more answers until something somewhere starts to make sense. Just keep on asking. As your signature quote says: "The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
The way you feel right now seems to me is that your inner self is telling you, not so much to give up, but to look for new answers and sometimes the best ones come during a time when you feel low. Try to look on it as maybe having outgrown the old ones.
When we are happy and joyful we tend to go with the flow and are perhaps not listening because we feel there is no need, that we have found the answers when maybe we have just found part of it so you get a little prod telling you it's time to move on

--------------------
It was a bright cold day in April, and the clocks were striking thirteen.

Report Spam   Logged

"Often the test of courage is not to die but to live." — Vittorio Alfieri

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: