Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 01:20:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Meaning of Existence (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Meaning of Existence (Original)  (Read 6037 times)
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #300 on: December 16, 2007, 09:41:07 pm »

Nicole Jimmelson

Member # 3039

Member Rated:
   posted 07-15-2006 02:04 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The meaning of life? Self-improvement, yes, but I think it is also for learning, and trying to uncover something of the world's mysteries.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged

"Often the test of courage is not to die but to live." — Vittorio Alfieri
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #301 on: December 16, 2007, 09:41:25 pm »

BigFatFurryTexan

Member # 1520

Rate Member   posted 07-15-2006 09:36 AM                       
That is what i said: to learn and perfect so that we may rejoin with the Creator and increase His perfection.

There are no mysteries in this world except to the uninitiated. That includes virtually all of the known earth. All of existence MUST be placed in logic. Everything is cause and effect, even if its effects are chaotic. Thus is the nature of the massive dissipative/replicative structure that we live within. The only reason we perceive mystery is because we lack the methodology to see through the obscurity of chaos to the underlying causative factors. Thus, we guess (and badly, might i add).

It is said that with inner reflection with enough spiritual/physical purity, you can break the chains of existence and see reality from an enlightened level. This is referred to by ancient shamans (as well as Orion and Oscar in this forum). I cannot stay awake long enough to reach true meditation, but i am working on it.

--------------------
Think outside the flock

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #302 on: December 16, 2007, 09:41:46 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 07-15-2006 11:28 AM                       
Hi Tex,

I have found out that rather than "true meditation", what is desired is the result.... The awakening to and the use of the "I AM" activity. And there is no falling asleep therein...as it is the font of endless energy. This is available to all of us without pain, only with effort. Without mystery, but with sincerity.

Sincere effort brings us results unimaginable, and the outer loses it's grip on the imagination.

We need only to use the one tool we came in with...free will.

The desire to connect our human self to our God-self can be satisfied instantaneously.

--------------------
"Illigitimi non carborundum!"
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Posts: 3128 | From: Port Townsend WA | Registered: Feb 2004
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #303 on: December 16, 2007, 09:42:13 pm »

BigFatFurryTexan

Member # 1520

Rate Member   posted 07-15-2006 11:37 AM                       
Rock, i think that i have two problems:

1. i am like a cat. I fall asleep in minutes no matter where i am. my wife tells me that i am ready for retirement already.  It is like my mind finds its theta state all too easily. i attribute it to stress, as my job is stressful and i have little downtime after fulfilling family obligations with my sons. Like they say: you can rest when you die. 

2. my life is too hectic and my mind won't stop processing thoughts that pertain to work/family long enough to focus on any one thing in particular. i like typing because it is the only way i can communicate fast enough to not stumble over my own thought train (now that i have gotten older and make less type-o's).

i keep figuring that i will keep trying, and it will eventually unlock for me. maybe it was never meant to happen, who knows? Maybe i am a soulless construct, a creature and not a being, and thus have no higher connection?

I have seen the sudden flashes in the most minute amounts. But it doesn't happen when i will it so, only coming at odd moments while driving or in the shower (these are the few moments that my mind will achieve alpha states without passing through into dreamland). The rest of my life is a total inundation of material information.

--------------------
Think outside the flock

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #304 on: December 16, 2007, 09:42:32 pm »

Nicole Jimmelson

Member # 3039

Member Rated:
   posted 07-15-2006 09:53 PM                       
I think we're talking about two different things when we mention the word, "mysteries." To me, it implies something about the past: How was the universe created? What is the nature of God? How did life come into being on this world? What is the real story of human civilization?

These things can't be uncovered simply through meditation.

Also, is God really perferct?

We all like to think that God is, but if God actually was, why create such imperfect beings?

I don't think that God is perfect. Perfect would imply that the world and the universe are in absolute harmony and, look around you, they aren't.
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #305 on: December 16, 2007, 09:43:08 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 07-16-2006 11:06 AM                       
Added to my message below...

[ 07-16-2006, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: rockessence ]

--------------------
All knowledge is to be used in the manner that will give help and assistance to others, and the desire is that the laws of the Creator be manifested in the physical world. E.Cayce 254-17

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #306 on: December 16, 2007, 09:43:33 pm »

rockessence

Member # 1839

Member Rated:
   posted 07-16-2006 11:22 AM                       

quote:
Originally posted by BigFatFurryTexan:
Rock, i think that i have two problems:

1. I fall asleep in minutes no matter where i am. i am ready for retirement already. i attribute it to stress, as my job is stressful and i have little downtime . you can rest when you die.

2. my life is too hectic .my mind won't stop .

it was never meant to happen, i am a soulless construct, not a being, and have no higher connection

my life is a total inundation of material information.

(((((((i will keep trying, and it will unlock for me))))))

Dear Tex,

Your body is completely literal and takes as command whatever you say about yourself, whether it may be suggesting ill or good. When others say ill things about you, you have the choice to repeat it to yourself or to dissolve it on the spot.

This is a "fact of life"...for every human, and one of the underlying basics to achieving what you want in life. To their detriment, some people greet this kind of knowledge with sarcasm and disbelief. This of course may set them back years or even lifetimes in reaching their goal.

We humans are blessed with the ability to be vigilant in our minds, if we choose to be. All it takes is commanding ourself to be so.

Nicole,

Yes, we are talking of two different things. You refer to "How was the universe created? What is the nature of God? How did life come into being on this world? What is the real story of human civilization?" The questions.

I refer to "how to prepare the mind to discover the answers through connecting to God-self and the God-matrix". This was traditionally called "the mysteries"....and was closely guarded from the populace, shared only with those who devoted many years to it.

As to your last question "is God really perferct?"

I consider God to be a Matrix of energy which inhabits all of Life. This of course includes many things which are "imperfect" but which have within them the possibility of perfection, depending on human free-will. There is nothing imperfect except made so by human free will, whether in this or a previous life.

[ 07-17-2006, 02:21 AM: Message edited by: rockessence ]

--------------------

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000306;p=8
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 09:44:11 pm by Sun Goddess » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: