Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 06:07:40 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Meaning of Existence (Original)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Meaning of Existence (Original)  (Read 6220 times)
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #285 on: December 16, 2007, 09:34:58 pm »

Sarah

Member # 2812

Member Rated:
   posted 11-21-2005 09:43 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unknown, I don't find anything trite in those words at all. Point is, people have to want to grow before they can even achieve any inner growth.

Now, a lot of people see that as needing to involve spiritual growth, in other words, God. I don't see it that way at all. So long as someone finds what they feel as their purpose, that should be enough.

--------------------
"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

http://www.zwoje-scrolls.com/shoah/index.html

http://www.holocaustchronicle.org/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Report Spam   Logged

"Often the test of courage is not to die but to live." — Vittorio Alfieri
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #286 on: December 16, 2007, 09:35:21 pm »

Carolyn Silver

Member # 2287

Member Rated:
   posted 11-22-2005 12:01 AM                       
Man are we getting a little too deep here!

The meaning of existence is to get loaded, have a lot of sex and make as much money as you possibly can!

Any fool can tell you that!

Next deep question please!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #287 on: December 16, 2007, 09:35:39 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 11-22-2005 11:26 AM                       
Hi Sarah

Not choosing to grow spiritually is a path too, with its own inherent set of consequences and trials. 

Hi Carolynn

Geez, If thats true I am not experiencing the true meaning meaning of existence at all, cuz I doin/got any of that stuff.

[ 11-22-2005, 11:50 AM: Message edited by: unknown ]
Posts: 1756 | From: Pontiac, MI. Oakland | Registered: Mar 2005   
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #288 on: December 16, 2007, 09:35:59 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 11-22-2005 11:49 AM                       
Heather

Each of us that strives for betterment has an influence on society, each of our acts has a ripple effect on the lives of those around us. Society is nothing but the collection of individuals within it, when enough people understand a truth/principle there is a tipping point or a sort of critical mass whereby society is changed. The unfortunate side of this is it works for negative/harmful beliefs in the same way.

[ 11-22-2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: unknown ]
Posts: 1756 | From: Pontiac, MI. Oakland | Registered: Mar 2005   
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #289 on: December 16, 2007, 09:36:18 pm »

Sarah

Member # 2812

Member Rated:
   posted 11-23-2005 12:17 AM                       
A person does a certain amount of growing whether they wish to or not. However, a person genuinely has to want to get better before they can actually improve.

--------------------
"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, may my right hand fail..." - King David, Psalms 137:5

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #290 on: December 16, 2007, 09:36:50 pm »

Aphrodite

Member # 2573

Member Rated:
   posted 11-25-2005 10:53 PM                       
Maybe, when it is all said and done, both changing the world as well as finding some meaning for it ourselves depends more on our perceptions of it than what we actually accomplish.

We all know that the world is an often cold and cruel place. That is a fact, ingrained upon us from cradle to grave.

What to do with that fact is the thing.

Do we repeat this knowledge to everyone else, knowing full well that we really aren't telling them anything new?

Or do we view each of these hardships we feel as challenges to be overcome, opportunities to prove ourselves?

We should see the world as the Spartans saw the world, not lamenting the hardships that come our way, but expecting it to be difficult, relishing the opportunity to prove ourselves. The alternative inevitably brings about both madness and despair.

--------------------
"He who controls others maybe powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still.” - Lao Tsu

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #291 on: December 16, 2007, 09:37:17 pm »

Volitzer

Member # 245

Rate Member   posted 11-25-2005 11:11 PM                       

quote:
Originally posted by Psycho:
Area Baby Doesn't Have Any Friends
November 16, 2005

TARRYTOWN, NY—Although he's had nearly three months to meet people, local baby Joshua Goldsworthy hasn't made a single friend, according to those who know him.

Friendless baby Joshua Goldsworthy spends another night alone.

People who have met the quiet, stay-at-home misfit say that, while he's more interesting than he was two months ago, Joshua lacks the warmth, charisma, and empathy of a suitable companion.

"It's not like I hate him—I just don't get a lot out of knowing him," said 32-year-old Gretchen Sperber, a longtime friend of the Goldsworthy family. "He's hard to read. Sometimes he'll stare at you for hours, other times he'll fall asleep right in front of you, like you're not even there."

As Bonnie and Jason Goldsworthy's first child, Joshua is predictably adored and indulged. With a toy-filled nursery, a favorite blanket, and a parent, aunt, or grandparent always close at hand, the blond, apple-cheeked little boy unquestionably receives adequate love and comfort. However, most psychologists agree that familial love cannot replace friendships with one's peers.

Visitors to the Goldsworthy home often report having negative first impressions of Joshua. Out-of-the-blue crying fits, the tendency to yank at loose hair and earrings, and copious drooling are just a few of the antisocial traits he displays. Neighbor Lena Osterberg said that, two weeks ago, she cut a visit to the Goldsworthy home short after the self-interested infant committed a "gross" indiscretion.

"I still can't imagine why he didn't excuse himself and crawl into another room," Osterberg said. "The stench filled the living room, and he just sat there and grinned."

Another acquaintance, who asked not to be identified, described Joshua's head as "bulbous" and "disproportionate," and said the baby has "pudgy, triple-creased legs."

"May God forgive me, I know it's a sin to judge people on the basis of their appearance," the anonymous source said. "But he's like a monster. If you blew him up to normal size, people would scream in horror."

Although he responds to his doting parents, Joshua often alienates those outside of his family circle, according to his pediatrician, Dr. Martin Prushow.

"He seems to take interest only in people who are willing to nurture or 'mother' him," Prushow said. "Once in a while, you can coax a smile out of him, but only if you make a smiling face yourself. He's not a terrible person, but as far as actual depth, nothing."

Among non-relatives, perhaps the most acquainted with Joshua is 16-year-old babysitter Ashley Steinhoff. Though she meets with Joshua as many as three times a week, Steinhoff was quick to distance herself from the baby.

"'Babysitter' sure, but I wouldn't say 'friend,'" Steinhoff said. "I mean, it's not like I hang out with him for free. With my actual friends, I do things just for fun, and have full-sentence conversations—not change their diapers."

Steinhoff did not rule out the possibility of a future friendship, but said that Joshua would have to "quit being a baby first."

Although it is more than eight months away, family friends are already concocting excuses to skip "Baby No-Friends'" first birthday party.

"I can already predict what will happen," Sperber said. "He'll smear cake all over himself, throw a tantrum when someone puts a party hat on him, and scarcely acknowledge his presents other than to gnaw on them. I've seen how this kid operates."

Sounds like another cuntra who has no idea on how to raise kids. 

NY women are like that retard in the family that no one likes to talk about. 

Ask me again why I signed up at eHarmony?Huh??   
Posts: 6545 | From: -in transition- | Registered: Oct 2000   
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #292 on: December 16, 2007, 09:37:43 pm »

Danielle Gorree

Member # 2633

Member Rated:
   posted 11-26-2005 12:50 AM                       
Just an off hand guess here, but I'm guessing that article was meant to be a joke...
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #293 on: December 16, 2007, 09:38:04 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 07-13-2006 06:20 PM                       
Since time immemorial, the question, why are we here?

Anyone else care to ask, then answer that question?

--------------------
"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Posts: 446 | From: citizen of the world | Registered: Oct 2004   
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #294 on: December 16, 2007, 09:38:21 pm »

Elmer Jessup

Member # 3097

Rate Member   posted 07-13-2006 06:58 PM                       
We are here to spread the word of the lord and to guide others towards the path of salvation. There is no higher calling!

--------------------
"I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." - LUKE 5:32
"Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak."- MATTHEW 26:41

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #295 on: December 16, 2007, 09:38:50 pm »

sevens

Member # 3037

Member Rated:
   posted 07-13-2006 08:46 PM                       
Hi

I know Elmer's message as very solid message and does pull punches. But don't estimate what he is saying because essentially its true and is in line with the signs of the time. Now.

Before anyone blows him off, Just consider for a moment that he is right, I wouldn't reject his message of salvation because it is consistent with all the research within and without the Bible that point to the great and only sign of real change.

Elmer comes from a line of fundamentalist Christians I think? I know his message is brutal enough to turn any off but he is not here to be friend, he is here to get a basic message across that should not be ignored.

Believe me with what is to come don't blow it off because. The on coming Judgement will be brutal, extremely brutal where all knowledge outside of the truth will fail. So if it takes this kind of approach to make people think rather than falling into the pit. Then let it be so.

Elmer's is here to do a job and that is to assist man in this manifestation of a believer trying to help man in this perplexing period.

consider all things, don't reject out of hand, it will be a mistake.

Its a simple message of trust in Gods words and faith, that is the test before Judgement. Also everything will seem normal before judgement (like man screwing man...normal!) until the call, don't get sucked into the "She'll be right mate business" or everything is nice, pleasant and happy. Its only the calm before the storm. Also things aren't normal on this planet and not everyone is happy particularly the ones who have no benefit of what we have today.

Particularly the poor who are inflicted by rubbish leaders and who have only God to appeal to because man is an ass towards his fellow brother and couldn't give a damn except for himself and his rubbish thoughts. Its not what he says because most of the time its just a big lie, all crap. But its his background thoughts, you know what I mean and the crap within those thoughts.

This is where the problem lays.

Most of mans words and thoughts are evil preoccupied on how to screw the his brother. Look at the world around us??? Like the stock market, the all time bloodbath.

This problem will be dealt with soon.

Who is happy? hardly anyone regardless of technology. Not many people.

regards
sevens

[ 07-13-2006, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: sevens ]
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #296 on: December 16, 2007, 09:39:16 pm »

Sarah

Member # 2812

Member Rated:
   posted 07-13-2006 11:29 PM                       
sevens,

I wouldn't be so quick to be certain that the way that apparently yourself and Elmer believe is the only way. There are all sorts of beliefs in the world. All sorts of them. Does G-d really care what dressing someone uses to believe in Him. You had better hope He is not that picky, I doubt very much that any of us have it all right, nor all wrong. None of us have a private pipeline to God.

Oh, we can each feel that we do, then look down upon all the others who may not believe as we do, but in the end, is that really constructive? I think not.

I think what is needed here is more understanding, less preaching, and more tolerance. To believe that any religious writings or person these days is, alone, the thing that speaks for God is pure madness.

Sarah

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2007, 09:39:44 pm »

sevens

Member # 3037

Member Rated:
   posted 07-14-2006 03:13 AM                       
Hi Sarah

You're right, One thing for sure I will know if I'm right when the R.O.V is above the acropolis Hill and hopefully unlocks the mystery.

If I'm right it may be an event, if I'm wrong well III leave from here and wont bother anyone again and put it down to creative thoughts.

But so far so good. You know there is a real energy about the location and the information connected to it. Understanding the soul of it gives you real insight into it. I feel the temple in Jerusalem was built in type to the location, 1st Eden. That's what I reckon it is Sarah for sure. I think all the information in the bible is about now and the location. Actually I think its Sion, the bible refers to it as a location to the North of Jerusalem, I think Eden, maybe you could help me there.

What I'm promoting is goodwill amongst all people, all religions, no exclusivity at all. But I think the Jesus message is a very strong key.

The whole thing wrapped around Eden is just incredible the levels of intelligence in this is a revelation of the Father for sure, undoubtedly. In physical and in word. I have no doubt its all in the Torah. I I'd be a real good read.

Everything that is happening is a space/time unification of the Trinity of Paradise. Being a student of the Urantia Book and all other books I understand the experience. Its like a spiritual connection a path of personal revelatory experience of the Father and seeing his handy work over time as the reality of ones faith in the will of God manifests. As best as I can describe it.

You know I started this kind of posting on your forum about 2 months ago sharing my discoveries. I proclaimed the test scenario of faith connected to what lays on the Acropolis Hill in accordance to the scripts and expressing my feelings about this place and its significant to mankind. Revealed all. Last night, I was studying Isaiah and discovered much of what's happening and reflecting on my activities and reading about it, everything that has occurred. Reading about the past in the present. A time space connection of infinity, wouldn't that be. A reality scenario read about and actually lived out the experience and read about in the present, identifying key markers that you can identify with in your own life experience of the current and distant past. Its a bridge in the space/time continuum to infinity. I suppose?? Its is a different thing to see. Its what religion was all about originally.

Tell me I'm wrong!! The Test scenario, beforehand, the message of glad tidings among all man and its manifestation at this time during the test and before the end, how its communicated, out of nowhere it comes, so many things that fit the reality. That's all I speak about. A living reality of I feel immense proportions, I think its a demonstration of his righteousness.

I found 3 areas that speak about right now and the beforehand revealment and the test period and then what happens. Its all revealed, its all up there anyone can approach me, no worries.

Sarah, I'm quite happy to share with you, what I found last night, highlighted in blue, I have more than what I posted which is a personal witness in this experience. I have no problem with that.

some thoughts

all the best
sevens

[ 07-14-2006, 04:31 AM: Message edited by: sevens ]
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #298 on: December 16, 2007, 09:40:23 pm »

sevens

Member # 3037

Member Rated:
   posted 07-14-2006 04:42 PM                       

Isaiah 44: 26 That confirmeth the word of his servant, and performeth the counsel of his messengers; that saith to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be inhabited; and to the cities of Judah, Ye shall be built, and I will raise up the decayed places thereof:

Through a discovery and the revelation it provides in the search and exploration of Eden in the scripts, all of them. The discovery and the information related to it will bring new light and will enhance the truth further bringing all religions together.

27 That saith to the deep, Be dry, and I will dry up thy rivers:

This infers great earth changes on the planet, it also could mean an actual resurrection of the location (Atlantis Rising) Very speclatory but anything is possible these days. Especially if the second coming occurs or something like that. If this occurs this could fulfill Cayces prophecy Atlantis rising literally but in the new world. People who reject will not see this. from what I see.

28 That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid.

Cyrus helps the restoration of the Second temple of Israel right.

Cyrus, very similar to Cyprus. Also Cyrus is a Persian right, Who is the leader of the Cyprus/Atlantis project. Where does his lineage, come from?

Looks to me that the new temple will be built upon the wasted places. It all speaks of Cyprus and the location of Eden/Atlantis City. That is the original stone temple from 38,000 years ago, the beginning and The father is resurrecting that and the truth of it through a new expansion in religion that combines all the truth from every book that is relevant to the case.

Its all a case of confirming the word in the bible in this Isaiah 44, confirming the entities involved on all levels with names and motives of the Heaven around this place. All the characters are involved its a foreseen saga and every sequence is playing itself out. If this is correct. This is of the highest levels from the Trinity of Paradise, has to be. That's why I share this so I can be corrected, if Im wrong and also to give mankind some help if it requires.

Its the Testamony of discovery in word and in the physical reality that matches. I believe this is the mystery of the Seven Stars or the mystery of mysteries.

I just realised this as I reflect back in the past and see the events that have unfolded coming to this realisation now. I feel its a space/time unification of realisation of the past and present. The events and reality seem to fit in actual sequence written and foreseen in the BC era. These events today seem to match, if this is correct this is a new revelation which way beyond and is confirmed in the scriptures.

A space time mystery where space/time is gapped through revelation in touching the world of the infinity/eternal. Something like that, trying to understand this further.

This might give light to other things that come to mind. III explore those thoughts and see what it unfolds.

Here some ideas I had as I went through the following link in relation to this reality of Eden.

Speculation, with a strong sense.
I also believe that the dimensions of Ezekiel's Temple that he saw in his vision matches the Cyprus location in dimension including all the features of the Acropolis Hill. The outer circumference dimension matches the submerged land mass above water including Cyprus, approximately 1500 miles, its an amazing match.

I also wouldn't be surprised that in the new world the Morontia temple built in space will descend on this spot, on the location above water in the new world. I believe this is where Sion is, Zion in the North of Jerusalem.

I'm only having a stab at it. III know whether I'm wrong or right, soon ok. This interpretation is subject to change and alteration. Don't hold it against me, its only research and exploration into reality and events in a timeline.

http://sevenfoldbooks.com/eden/isaiah_44.htm

more in the journey as it un ravels

http://sevenfoldbooks.com/eden/isaiah_45.htm

http://sevenfoldbooks.com/eden/isaiah_46.htm

All part of the journey.

regards
Sevens

[ 07-14-2006, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: sevens ]
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #299 on: December 16, 2007, 09:40:44 pm »

BigFatFurryTexan

Member # 1520

Rate Member   posted 07-14-2006 08:53 PM                       
I searched for a long time for the meaning of life, and found that it is rather simple and obvious, nearly like a lukewarm halibut slapping you in the face: we are here to perfect and improve ourselves both individually and as a people.

Not a hard task on the face of it...but we are implanted with so many flaws as to make this nearly impossible. Thus, we learn, thus further improving and perfecting ourselves.

--------------------
Think outside the flock

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: