Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 01:46:33 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Meaning of Existence (Original)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Meaning of Existence (Original)  (Read 6102 times)
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2007, 08:06:13 pm »

zaphod

Member # 2456

Member Rated:
   posted 05-21-2005 11:37 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Read a book and get married!!!!

Yeah, 18th century reasoning at its finest. At least you ackowledged her capacity to read.

How generous of you. 
Report Spam   Logged

"Often the test of courage is not to die but to live." — Vittorio Alfieri
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2007, 08:06:33 pm »

Stacy Dohm

Member # 2189

Member Rated:
   posted 05-21-2005 11:42 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm surprised he threw that book thing in there, too! That's a big step for you, isn't it, Calvin? I thought you didn't want us to have any learning.

--------------------
"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2007, 08:06:51 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 05-21-2005 11:47 PM                       
Thank you for your advice, Calvin, provided it was well intended...

--------------------
"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2007, 08:07:37 pm »

Baphomet

Member # 2177

Member Rated:
   posted 05-21-2005 11:55 PM                       

quote:
I know we might have had our run-ins in the past, but I would like to advise you.

Yes, run-ins along the lines of you calling her all manner of names while she says nothing in return. Calvin the hypocrite, back again.

--------------------
"The sleep of reason brings forth monsters." - Goya
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #109 on: December 16, 2007, 08:08:00 pm »

Vlad
Member # 1187

posted 05-22-2005 11:26 AM                   

quote:
a person must have some pride.

Pride is disgusting.
Pride is not where it's at, honour it is.
A person must have a sense of honour and not pride. None is served by pride.

Take a look at certain organizations that are 'proud', like the one with the usage of the slogan white proud world wide.
They do not really seem to care much about the will and opinions of some of the subject(s) within their idealistic visions.

That's what pride does. It is a selfish emotion.

Now perhaps you might see how you may be appearing towards me, Jade.

I called Dawn stupid and so what? It does not mean because I did that that she has to feel offended because of... pride. I still consider her behaviour stupid. But she has 'free will' and indeed she lives very far from me and doesn't really affect me. Which if it was the case I probably would try to reason more with her too and show her why I consider it stupid. I wouldn't just tell her she's a stupid **** or ho like some here on the forum do. No. I do disagree but I think I already noticed the way they go about it isn't really affective to get a point across or teach someone and the *why* that it isn't 'good'. I'm sure Dawn had her emotional reasons for her behaviour and how intelligent would I be if I just told her she was stupid and this and that without making her understand, whether intellectually or emotionally.
If their is anything Dawn would have to learn, it is not to offer friendship to just anyone. I mean with that not make them notice it directly by sayind or behaviour, but be more careful and perceptive first and study people, which should of course not change much towards her attitude that she may consider them friends and just not tell them.

When I talk to friends or get in discussions I also sometimes call people stupid and they call me stupid too sometimes but we try to get along and rectify the situation. At least, sometimes, because some people like Jade who are so proud and sure of their own beliefs, cannot be reasoned with. I notice that and just shut up then as long as they don't annoy me or those I care about.

For your information Jade, in my eyes you are just as proud and stubborn as Calvin Noble. Feel offended, or consider my words and ask yourself: 'why?' You might learn something.

In a sense, I like neutrality. I do not like extremes. And the reason why I want to leave is not because of feeling offended, it is because I want to put more attention and time in other things that I want to do. Debating with proud people is usually pointless. The only way to make them realize their ways is to make them suffer or experience, and in such a way that it breeds insight, and at best without them knowing anyone did it, so they think it are 'circumstances' or 'life'. Because as soon as they'd realize someone did it, they would feel 'offended'.

[ 05-22-2005, 11:29 AM: Message edited by: Vlad ] 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2007, 08:08:21 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 05-22-2005 12:50 PM                       
quote,
The only way to make them realize their ways is to make them suffer or experience, and in such a way that it breeds insight

yup, experience, the great teacher.

[ 05-22-2005, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Ishtar ]

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2007, 08:08:42 pm »

Felecia

Member # 2191

posted 05-22-2005 08:50 PM                       

quote:
Second, you need to get yourself married. Having a man to guide you would solve all of your probems. I am not sure what sort of a decent man would marry a hedonist like yourself, but that is my suggestion. Return to the chuch, participate in church social events, there you will perhaps find a decent man to lead you back down the moral path once again. Be honest with him about your past, though, since God hates lies.

God definitely hates lying cretins like you, Calvin Noble! 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2007, 08:09:05 pm »

Felecia

Member # 2191

posted 05-22-2005 08:56 PM                       

quote:
You know who you have descibed, though? Your friend Dawn, who can also be pretty eloquent and certainly has the majority of you fooled. It’s personally not important to me whether you “follow” me, but rather I open your eyes up about her. She is Lucifer, she is the true anti-Christ here, and most of you are simply too blinded by her to see it.

And just who is the real Lucifer here? A person who comes here, quite simply for the express purpose of breeding bigotry and sexism in others, or one who encourages love and togetherness? Do you really think you're fooling anyone with your propaganda? More to the point, do either of yourselves actually happen to believe it? 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2007, 08:09:28 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-22-2005 10:03 PM                       
Absonite, great way to duck the question I asked you, bring up pedophillia and the Catholic priests. What you're forgetting is that the Catholic Church does not encourage pedophillia and that homosexuality is a problem throughout the world, not just in the church.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2007, 08:09:54 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-22-2005 10:04 PM                       
Shemp, Dawn is sick, no one here will tell her because they want to be her "friend."

She isn't the only one.

[ 05-22-2005, 10:08 PM: Message edited by: Norman Pounders ] 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2007, 08:10:20 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-22-2005 10:05 PM                       
Felecia, you're the friend of Dawn who thinks she's an angel. Enough said.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2007, 08:10:52 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 05-22-2005 10:40 PM                       

quote:
For your information Jade, in my eyes yo are just as proud and stubborn as Calvin Noble. Feel offended, or consider my words and ask yourself: 'why?' You might learn something

Vlad, why should I even bother to care what you think of me? As it happens, that is also the same way that I happen to view you.

Now, before you shut out all the rest of the things I happen to say because they come from me, I would like you to pay attention. You came here with your own set of beliefs, and, apparently expected to enlighten others with them, even though yourself have remained close minded to what anyone else has to say. You aren’t open to new viewpoints, you’re as close-minded as you claim that Dawn or myself or Calvin are to them.

It’s not about changing other’s viewpoints, Vlad, it isn’t about “who’ right and who’s wrong,” it’s about laying it all out there and actually discussing new ideas. You don’t discuss, you lecture and that is all.

You know, more of you might want to leave.

I’m getting the feeling from a lot of the posts I’ve seen here lately that a lot of you just, come here to fight with each other and exhange insults. Some of them have downright made me feel like I’m back in the third grade. Well, even if you don’t like Calvin or some of the other people here you can still find a better way to make your points without talking about people’s genitals or sexual orientation. I think a lot of you seem to get more hung up on who the messenger is than what they are trying to say. Well, we don’t need that kind of crap in the forum. We don’t need someone censoring us either, but I like to believe that intelligent people can have an intelligent discussion.

Are we intelligent here? I leave it to each of you to best answer that question.

Many of you have made this personal and it should not be personal.

[ 05-22-2005, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Jade Hellene ]

--------------------
Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2007, 08:11:20 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 05-22-2005 11:02 PM                       
sorry norman i didn't see anything worthwhile to discuss there. I already posted the simularities between Dawn's behavior and Jesus and contrasted that with you and calvin. dawn wins hands down and you and calvin mirror the anti-christ. discuss that if you wish.
Jesus doesn't give a frying fruck who gets laid in the park but he does quite definitely rail against your and calvins behavior. That is quite clear even to you.

[ 05-22-2005, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Absonite ] 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2007, 08:11:55 pm »

Nemesis1

Member # 2153

Member Rated:
   posted 05-22-2005 11:06 PM                       
The meaning of existence: enjoy one's self!  Cool

--------------------
"Behold I am become death, the destroyer of worlds"
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2007, 08:12:16 pm »

Carolyn Silver

Member # 2287

Member Rated:
   posted 05-22-2005 11:18 PM                       
The meaning of existence: dream, build, love! Not neccesarily in that order either!

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: