Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:39:28 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Site provides evidence for ancient comet explosion
http://www.thenewstribune.com/news/nationworld/story/173177.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Meaning of Existence (Original)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Meaning of Existence (Original)  (Read 6004 times)
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #75 on: December 16, 2007, 07:51:19 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 08:54 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow, Vlad, why so angry??

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still consider Dawn's behaviour stupid and irresponsible and she needs a figurative kick in the ass and get her act together. From the replies, it seems more of you do, you're like the defunct gen-x.

Damn right! We're actually all those people you've been railing about, surprise, surprise! Maybe you should rethink whether you want to hang out with us, most of us have actually been, gosh, "contaminated" by come and semen!

quote:
Let me bring a few points to your attention. Most of you live in la-la land.

No, Vlad, you live in la-la land, with your kundali awakening, the rest of us live in the real world!

quote:
Did you realize that sex, gasp, normally causes conception? Or are you all too used to contraception and free sex?

I do believe I heard someplace that it leads to babies! Can't remember where I heard that, though.

The rest of your post, more about chemicals and the like…well, just your typical rationalization of why you think people shouldn't have sex, which is, in truth, the most natural thing in the world. Dawn is our friend and should have our encouragement, not our criticism. You know your posts to her actually read angrier to her than Pounders? Why do you even care what she has done?

And I totally disagree that her character traits are flaws. Then again, you seem to hate anything female anyway.

--------------------
Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/

Report Spam   Logged

"Often the test of courage is not to die but to live." — Vittorio Alfieri
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #76 on: December 16, 2007, 07:51:38 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 08:55 PM                       

quote:
I like the attention I'm getting.

Makes me feel like a woman

Better give yourself that lecture than about how you're single-handedly responsible for all the ills of the world then.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #77 on: December 16, 2007, 07:51:59 pm »

Carolyn Silver

Member # 2287

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 10:07 PM                       

quote:
Makes it really easy to manipulate too. All you have to do is observe and deduce what makes her react the way you want to, and then bring things in her life that make her react the way you want to without her knowing you did it, and bingo she'll 'feel the right way'.

Boy are you ever over-estimating your power over women, Vladster! Even if you were a real vampire, that kind of thing ain't gonna happen!

quote:
Yes I don't think I'd like being much around such a person. Pretty boring to have to constantly be the one that makes another feel a certain way.

Boring, well, there you go! You don't really like women either, do you Vladster?

Man, we get the woman-haters around here! 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #78 on: December 16, 2007, 07:52:31 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 10:50 PM                       
Hello Norman, I'll answer your question now:

I love all people, irregardless of lifestyles, and place no burdens on them whatsoever.

Consider yourself answered.

(Oh, and I should tell you I reported your last post, on the grounds of BADGERING people about their PERSONAL lives -- quite frankly, I found it offensive that you would dare pry... asking a question is fine, but YOU are going out of your way...)

-----

Norman, and his alter egos, the feminists are giving me a headache...

-------------------------------

If no one minds, I would like to attempt an answer to the thread's original intention.

The meaning of Existence:

Existence:

n.

1) The fact or state of existing; being.

2) The fact or state of continued being; life: our brief existence on Earth.

Or in other words, no one knows, but loving each other while we're here is the best way to exist...

--------------------
So live your life and live it well, Theres not much left of me to tell, I just got back up each time I fell...

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #79 on: December 16, 2007, 07:52:57 pm »

Absonite

Member # 1766

posted 05-20-2005 11:32 PM                       
At a cursory first glance Norman, I found what answers your question but perhaps not in the manner you were looking for.
It goes without saying that I would fail to find what you are looking for me to find because you and I both know it would not be there.
But generational morality does change with the mores and religious views change along with the advancing or declining illumination of its followers. What was accepted in one generation as normal and moral might be banned as immoral or vice-a versa in another.

What is the more important aspect of your question has to do with the treatment of the alleged immoral person or persons. In this case, Dawn and in general most women on this forum. I find your and Calvins approach utterly void of compassion and quite oppressive. Entirely anti-Christian in any enlightened sense, Un Jesus-like and unGodly. In a way one can say with all certainty that you are both Anti-Christ and although common, certainly not worthy of flying any Christian flag, and I daresay that you are both repulsive to Jesus as well as most everyone else.

Does it see strange that you are both Anti-Christ while trying real hard to mislead everyone into thinking that you are both good loyal Christians by mentioning the name jesus occasionally or thumping selected perverted passages in the so-called holy bible? Isn't that how Lucifer works, by eloquently deceiving with "some" truth?
You imposters may be the anti-christ but even lucifer might not hire you. At least Lucifer was a pretty big guy in the scheme of things; system soverign of 619 inhabited planets and the highest visible auhority of truth until he was run out of town for deceit. As he went down,
(53:7.7 In symbol John saw this when he wrote of the great red  dragon , saying: "And his  tail drew a third part of the stars of heaven and cast them down in darkness.") ,
Lucifer brought down with him many good people, confused by his rhetoric and sophistry. You two little insignificant bugs couldn't get a following if someone crazy-glued the superbowl stadium to your ass. The only harm you can do is to yourselves as so eloquently stated by Aristotle.

quote:

I really find it odd that I've mellowed out a little while Calvin, who arrived at about the same time and used to be a lot milder than he is now, has gotten a lot worse.

The following passage I chose to answer you with fits perfectly with Dawn's motive for her actions and Jesus himself would look with love and compassion towards her motive. God looks beyond the act at the motive, you can only judge by her act not knowing her real motive except that by now you should know Dawn to the same degree that most all of us here recognize. You are both blinded by some personal problem and you have chosen to organize your reality and judgements of another according to a set of outdated and out of context morals of another generation and for another people in another time according to your own personal preferences. Certainly not God's.
If there is anything in Dawns story which stands out, it is her compassion and motive. All you see is that she got laid in the park with a stranger and you have some book that tells you that some lord somewhere sometime said don't get laid in the park with a stranger.

quote:

140:8.21 Jesus had little to say about the social vices of his day; seldom did he make reference to moral delinquency. He was a positive teacher of true virtue. He studiously avoided the negative method of imparting instruction; he refused to advertise evil. He was not even a moral reformer. He well knew, and so taught his apostles, that the sensual urges of mankind are not suppressed by either religious rebuke or legal prohibitions. His few denunciations were largely directed against pride, cruelty, oppression, and hypocrisy.

140:8.22 Jesus did not vehemently denounce even the Pharisees, as did John. He knew many of the scribes and Pharisees were honest of heart; he understood their enslaving bondage to religious traditions. Jesus laid great emphasis on "first making the tree good." He impressed the three that he valued the whole life, not just a certain few special virtues.

140:8.23 The one thing which John gained from this day's teaching was that the heart of Jesus' religion consisted in the acquirement of a compassionate character coupled with a personality motivated to do the will of the Father in heaven.

quote:

92:2.1 Religion is the most rigid and unyielding of all human institutions, but it does tardily adjust to changing society. Eventually, evolutionary religion does reflect the changing mores, which, in turn, may have been affected by revealed religion. Slowly, surely, but grudgingly, does religion (worship) follow in the wake of wisdom -- knowledge directed by experiential reason and illuminated by divine revelation.

92:2.2 Religion clings to the mores; that which was is ancient and supposedly sacred. For this reason and no other, stone implements persisted long into the age of bronze and iron. This statement is of record: "And if you will make me an altar of stone, you shall not build it of hewn stone, for, if you use your tools in making it, you have polluted it." Even today, the Hindus kindle their altar fires by using a primitive fire drill. In the course of evolutionary religion, novelty has always been regarded as sacrilege. The sacrament must consist, not of new and manufactured food, but of the most primitive of viands: "The flesh roasted with fire and unleavened bread served with bitter herbs." All types of social usage and even legal procedures cling to the old forms.

92:2.3 When modern man wonders at the presentation of so much in the scriptures of different religions that may be regarded as obscene, he should pause to consider that passing generations  have feared to eliminate what their ancestors deemed to be holy and sacred. A great deal that one  generation  might look upon as obscene, preceding  generations  have considered a part of their accepted mores, even as approved religious rituals. A considerable amount of religious controversy has been occasioned by the never-ending attempts to reconcile olden but reprehensible practices with newly advanced reason, to find plausible theories in justification of creedal perpetuation of ancient and outworn customs.

92:2.4 But it is only foolish to attempt the too sudden acceleration of religious growth. A race or nation can only assimilate from any advanced religion that which is reasonably consistent and compatible with its current evolutionary status, plus its genius for adaptation. Social, climatic, political, and economic conditions are all influential in determining the course and progress of religious evolution. Social  morality  is not determined by religion, that is, by evolutionary religion; rather are the forms of religion dictated by the racial  morality .

92:2.5 Races of men only superficially accept a strange and new religion; they actually adjust it to their mores and old ways of believing. This is well illustrated by the example of a certain New Zealand tribe whose priests, after nominally accepting Christianity, professed to have received direct revelations from Gabriel to the effect that this selfsame tribe had become the chosen people of God and directing that they be permitted freely to indulge in loose sex relations and numerous other of their olden and reprehensible customs. And immediately all of the new-made Christians went over to this new and less exacting version of Christianity.

92:2.6 Religion has at one time or another sanctioned all sorts of contrary and inconsistent behavior, has at some time approved of practically all that is now regarded as immoral or sinful. Conscience, untaught by experience and unaided by reason, never has been, and never can be, a safe and unerring guide to human conduct. Conscience is not a divine voice speaking to the human soul. It is merely the sum total of the moral and ethical content of the mores of any current stage of existence; it simply represents the humanly conceived ideal of reaction in any given set of circumstances.

[ 05-21-2005, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Absonite ] 

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2007, 07:54:10 pm »

Vlad
Member # 1187

posted 05-21-2005 09:30 AM                   

quote:
Maybe you should rethink whether you want to hang out with us

I have thought about it continually ever since I started posting again. I will take my leave again soon. 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #81 on: December 16, 2007, 07:54:33 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 05-21-2005 01:31 PM                       
Vlad , no you don't, you are staying.........

remember variety is the spice of life,and you are our, Paprika, which can tolerate every climate.....

--------------------
“Ad initio, alea iacta est.”
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
it's Later Than You Think

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #82 on: December 16, 2007, 07:54:57 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 05-21-2005 05:44 PM                       
Vlad? Leaving?

And I barely got a chance to converse with him.

Let me put it this way, Vlad: If you leave, you're out of the family   Wink

Drop by now and again... (and it was nice to "meet" you)

--------------------
So live your life and live it well, Theres not much left of me to tell, I just got back up each time I fell...

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #83 on: December 16, 2007, 07:55:20 pm »

incredulous
Member # 2428

posted 05-21-2005 06:49 PM                   
let him step out blu - like a gentleman.

people come and go, right?
grab your balls and testify baby! like they did in the olde days.

rage against the machine - and i don't need your effin' stars.

... my news comes via mars. and deep within. kirk out - not necessarily in that order.

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #84 on: December 16, 2007, 07:55:57 pm »

bluducky

Member # 1880

Member Rated:
   posted 05-21-2005 07:22 PM                       
Why did you change your name, Mars?

I had a distinct feeling that it was you under that new mask, but until now, wasn't sure...

(and I'll have you know that you got TWO listings in my poll, because I wasn't sure it was you  )  Grin

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #85 on: December 16, 2007, 07:56:33 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-21-2005 09:23 PM                       
Well, you still didn’t answer my question, Bluducky, but far be it from me to “badger” you. Incidentally, I’ve also complained about one of your posts, too, so, enjoy.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #86 on: December 16, 2007, 07:57:09 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-21-2005 09:34 PM                       
Thank you for those printed passages, Absonite, some of them, at least had to do with what we were talking about, and yet, you’ll notice still that Jesus does not encourage immoral behavior, nor do any of the best religions of the world. The Cathlic Church, for instance, preaches abstinence before marriage and sex is a thing to be shunned unless one happens to be married. And I happen to be a good Catholic, Absonite. 

Your personal opinions towards myself and Calvin aside, let’s discuss this passage:

quote:
If there is anything in Dawns story which stands out, it is her compassion and motive. All you see is that she got laid in the park with a stranger and you have some book that tells you that some lord somewhere sometime said don't get laid in the park with a stranger.

We have already discussed the idea of the “book.” I don’t see any compassion in Dawn’s actions, only, perhaps desperation? And, as for motive, well, apparently her motive was achieved, to have sex with a stranger.

And now, let’s look at this one:

quote:
You imposters may be the anti-christ but even lucifer might not hire you. At least Lucifer was a pretty big guy in the scheme of things; system soverign of 619 inhabited planets and the highest visible auhority of truth until he was run out of town for deceit. As he went down, (53:7.7 In symbol John saw this when he wrote of the great red dragon , saying: "And his tail drew a third part of the stars of heaven and cast them down in darkness.") , Lucifer brought down with him many good people, confused by his rhetoric and sophistry.

No, you haven’t described Calvin or myself with any of this, Absonite.

You know who you have descibed, though? Your friend Dawn, who can also be pretty eloquent and certainly has the majority of you fooled. It’s personally not important to me whether you “follow” me, but rather I open your eyes up about her. She is Lucifer, she is the true anti-Christ here, and most of you are simply too blinded by her to see it.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #87 on: December 16, 2007, 07:57:45 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-21-2005 09:35 PM                       
Thank you for those printed passages, Absonite, some of them, at least had to do with what we were talking about, and yet, you’ll notice still that Jesus does not encourage immoral behavior, nor do any of the best religions of the world. The Cathlic Church, for instance, preaches abstinence before marriage and sex is a thing to be shunned unless one happens to be married. And I happen to be a good Catholic, Absonite. 

Your personal opinions towards myself and Calvin aside, let’s discuss this passage:

quote:

We have already discussed the idea of the “book.” I don’t see any compassion in Dawn’s actions, only, perhaps desperation? And, as for motive, well, apparently her motive was achieved, to have sex with a stranger.

And now, let’s look at this one:

quote:
You imposters may be the anti-christ but even lucifer might not hire you. At least Lucifer was a pretty big guy in the scheme of things; system soverign of 619 inhabited planets and the highest visible auhority of truth until he was run out of town for deceit. As he went down, (53:7.7 In symbol John saw this when he wrote of the great red dragon , saying: "And his tail drew a third part of the stars of heaven and cast them down in darkness.") , Lucifer brought down with him many good people, confused by his rhetoric and sophistry.

No, you haven’t described Calvin or myself with any of this, Absonite.

You know who you have descibed, though? Your friend Dawn, who can also be pretty eloquent and certainly has the majority of you fooled. It’s personally not important to me whether you “follow” me, but rather I open your eyes up about her. She is Lucifer, she is the true anti-Christ here, and most of you are simply too blinded by her to see it.

--------------------

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #88 on: December 16, 2007, 07:58:02 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 05-21-2005 09:43 PM                       

quote:
Norman, and his alter egos, the feminists are giving me a headache...

Anyone in particular you have in mind?

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2007, 07:58:41 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 05-21-2005 09:45 PM                       

quote:
I have thought about it continually ever since I started posting again. I will take my leave again soon.

Well, Vlad, don’t let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

And, by all means, keep doing what you are doing. Smiley
--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: