Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 02:22:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Plato's Atlantis: Fact, Fiction or Prophecy?
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CarolAnn_Bailey-Lloyd
http://www.underwaterarchaeology.com/atlantis-2.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Meaning of Existence (Original)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Meaning of Existence (Original)  (Read 6043 times)
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2007, 07:38:58 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 12:22 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vlad, I hate to keep picking on you, but someone needs to address these points:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now regarding the meaning of existence.

The universe works by a system of resonance and analogy, and your feelings of depression are on the level of the female or yin side which has the negative qualities. Balance is of the male or yang side with positive feelings.

I think you're trying to tell her that she needs balance by getting a man, or the right man. And yet, what she is trying to tell you is that she has had men, has just gotten laid and it didn't work. Men are not the answer to a woman. Women must need to find their own inner strength, grow more independent and stop looking for that knight in shining armor. It doesn't exist. It doesn't have to either, we can be our own knights in shining armor. We usually look better in armor anyway.   Smiley

quote:
And acts of will and thought without feeling... remember the people that laughed at the cat and you crying? Maybe that situation came into your life to make you 'get the clue'. The people themselves may not be evil at all, they could just be having had a bad day or be high or drunk or whatever and just be at the right time in the right place for the situation to occur and you to get the message.

I read the cat story, too. Evil or not, it sounded like the people were "cruel," at least and it doesn't really matter if they were high or not.

But that wasn't the point you were trying to make. You see this as some sort of a personal wake-up call for her. In this world, do any of us really need such a thing?

And it seems to have the opposite effect for it seems to have been the thing from what I can tell anyway, that sent her into depression.

--------------------
Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/

Report Spam   Logged

"Often the test of courage is not to die but to live." — Vittorio Alfieri
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2007, 07:39:25 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 12:25 AM                       
Jade

Yah I get that... but it could just be like for whoever gets in a scrap from whatever thread you could take it there instead.

Besides it might be hoot.

What do you think folks.. should I or shouldn't I?

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2007, 07:39:45 pm »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 12:31 AM                       
Jade, Vlad was simply expressing a point of view. For what it is worth, I believe it is a sincere point of view.

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2007, 07:40:07 pm »

Veronica Poe

Member # 2172

posted 05-20-2005 12:39 AM                       
Unknown, I would only partcipate in a "scrap thread" or any other thread, for that matter, if it were posted over here. I like over here. For the most part, I like the people, and all that jumping around between forums tends to make me dizzy. 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2007, 07:40:28 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 12:46 AM                       
Thank you everyone. I do have poor judgment. I have always believed that if you show others your heart, they cannot help but to offer you some of their own as well. Sometimes, that doesn't happen. And yet, it has happened enough in the past that I cannot quite break the habit. I don't care what anyone says about me here, it isn't worth it on my part to try and hurt any of you. I would much rather be hurt myself instead.

This is who I am, it is too late to change, love me or hate me. And I freely admit to often being very foolish.

I don't need this to be about saving me, though, actually, how about if it be about saving one another instead?

--------------------
"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2007, 07:40:49 pm »

unknown

Member # 2403

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 12:51 AM                       
Hi Dawn

You really are a sweet heart

Veronica

I guess thread could go here...
as long as the mods didn't make a fuss about the proper forum etc.

--------------------
several species of small furry animals gathered together and grooving with a pict in a cave

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2007, 07:41:13 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-20-2005 01:06 AM                       
Well, this seems to be the week for fallen idols around here.

Dawn, you have completely been discredited as a spokesperson in this forum. Nearly everything I have said about you has proved to be true, we can now see that you have a low moral character, and that you are, most likely mentally ill as well. And the beauty of it all is this, I didn't even have to do a thing. 

As for you, Absonite, I'm still looking for those passages in the Bible, or even in the Urantia Book  where Jesus preaches that we should be immoral as often as we can, like Dawn is. If you ever find them, by all means, please show them to me.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2007, 07:41:37 pm »

Veronica Poe

Member # 2172

posted 05-20-2005 01:13 AM                       
Having fun, Poundie? Yes, taking delight in another's misfortune, yes you represent your God very well. 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2007, 07:42:00 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-20-2005 01:26 AM                       
Veronica, first, I imagine your idea of a good time involves a threesome in a rented hotel room, so you are in no position to lecture me, or anyone. You have no moral standing here at all.

Second, oddly enough, Dawn, you have no moral standing either. All that remains for a little pagan like you is to retreat to your cubbyhole, hide your head and, if you so wish, get out the sleeping pills.

Don't worry about the forum, Calvin and I will make certain that everyone here learns strong Christian values. Yes, we'll all get along here just fine.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2007, 07:42:23 pm »

Stacy Dohm

Member # 2189

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 01:47 AM                       
Wow, you guys hate Dawn that much that you not only want to leave the forum, you encourage her to commit suicide? Wow, surely you must be joking. Either that, or you are one of the most insensitive, unfeeling, sinister people that I have ever met.

--------------------
"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2007, 07:42:44 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-20-2005 01:49 AM                       
Alright, have it your way, Stacy, I'm joking.

--------------------

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2007, 07:43:03 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 01:53 AM                       
It's not worth it to address any of his "points." He has proven he is only here to cause trouble and wants attention. The last comments were particularly cruel, but, come to think of it, we should have expected them. What else can one expect from evil people.

Of course, you know Dawn, that most of us want the best for you. And that would go for how we feel about most of the forum members here. Let us keep on track here and not let the bad wishes of others distract us this time. I would like to help you.

You said in one of your posts that the person you lost was yourself. So what, exactly, do you feel is missing now in yourself?
Dawn, describe for me what your previous philosophy was, what you earlier thought of the world.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2007, 07:43:28 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 02:03 AM                       
People are basically good at heart, they want to care for one another, just need a reason. We are, in truth, all the same inside, yet often we cannot get past our superficial differences enough to see that. Communication, not anger is the key. We must never treat any situation with meanness or violence, and when we meet with such things ourselves, we must take the path of non-resistance because only then do others see their true heart, and so, perhaps find their own heart as well. Our purpose is to love one another, and love is the one true gift we receive from God. By loving one another, we do honor to God. God didn’t mean for there to ever be organized religion or churches, only that we come to love one another.

I love all of you, even if you become cruel. I know it's not me that you are truly mad at, but something in your lives instead. I know that there is something in your past that made you that way, and I deeply wish I could have been there at that time to take your pain away. I would like to help you, I would like to save everyone, but the world is eating away at me more and more everyday and I don't even know any longer if I can even save myself…

--------------------
-Plato

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2007, 07:43:48 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 02:05 AM                       
Unknown, I think a lot of you, too, in case I have never told you...

--------------------
-Plato
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2007, 07:44:10 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 05-20-2005 02:10 AM                       
Well, you can still be that person, you don't need to be anyone else. None of us need for any of the rest of us to be another Vlad, or Jade, or Anassa or Aristotle. We need you to be you, Dawn, and that is enough. Take a rest. Like Jennie said, do something just for yourself, be happy. We all take too much on ourselves these days. If love is a gift, than life must be a gift as well, and it musn't be used in the wrong way. There is no pressure, there are no expectations. Focus on one thing, whether it be writing or art or philosophy, whatever used to make you the most happy. In what you used to find happiness in, you will find your most serenity.

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: