Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 01:31:06 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Meaning of Existence (Original)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Meaning of Existence (Original)  (Read 6038 times)
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 07:13:48 pm »

Ishtar

Member # 736

posted 05-18-2005 11:04 AM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There is an answer,Dawn,each one of us makes a difference, individually.

"feed the hungry", "cloth the poor", "bring hope to the down hearted"..........

Brighten the corner where you live .

--------------------

Report Spam   Logged

"Often the test of courage is not to die but to live." — Vittorio Alfieri
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 07:14:09 pm »

shedthefear

Member # 2490

posted 05-18-2005 12:10 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree Dawn it appears our world has just given up. Or at least that is the outward appearance.

Our existence is not futile; we decide for ourselves how we wish to leave the world for our children. Live each day, dwell not on the past but look forward to the future. Acts of kindness are contagious, and unfortunately acts of anger are as well. Choose to be happy (yes it is a choice) because happiness breeds contentment. Just remember everyone has a different reason for their existence. I am here to enjoy what little time I have. Help others when and where I can. And go out with a BANG!

[ 05-18-2005, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: shedthefear ]

--------------------
(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-STF-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 07:14:27 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 05-19-2005 04:57 AM                       
Welcome to the form, Shedthefear, I hope you stay a long time. Happiness doth indeed breed contentment and I would also say that misery feeds off despair.

Ishtar, you are right in assuming I lack faith, for at the moment, I have none...

[ 05-19-2005, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: Dawn Moline ]

--------------------
"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 07:14:55 pm »

Vlad
Member # 1187

posted 05-19-2005 05:04 AM                   
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://essenceportal.com

Use the sites from before Jan 02 2004.

Read the "Ancient Energy" then "The Grid" material.

[ 05-19-2005, 05:07 AM: Message edited by: Vlad ] 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 07:15:13 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 05-19-2005 05:04 AM                       
Anassa,

How can I put it all into words. When you are young, you feel you can change the world. Once you begin to get older, you feel it beginning to change you instead. I don't want to be changed by it, I want to remain who I was. Baphomet mentioned my innocence as a bad thing, and yet the last thing I would want to be is cynical. My own journey has never been about so much about finding me, it has been about how I can better the lot of others. I get my own happiness out of helping others. I sincerely want to make a difference, I would like to do whatever I can to make this a better world, brighten my own corner, like Ishtar says. Naïve as it may sound, I want to help people, and I get my greatest contentment out of bringing them together. Some of you probably think that it is stupid, yet, nonetheless, I assure you, that quest, whatever you may really think of it, is sincere.

You also mentioned paradise, Anassa, but paradise for me has never been a place you cand but what you can find and bring to other people. I've found, though, lose yourself in other human beings, and eventually you simply just become lost yourself instead.

I honestly think now that most people don’t really want to be brought together. Most people don't even seem to want what I have been offering. They genuinely don't want to understand one another and see no value in caring for each other as well. Most of you, even here, really don't want to be brought together, do you? You are contented with the way things are. The way some of you speak, some of you actually seem to hate each other, some of you actually seem to hate me.

Whatever quest I was on, I think I believe it's failed now. For those of you here who have wished me harm, well, know that I am harmed. These days, I feel hurt in more ways than I can say. I don't know how to get out of this feeling, and so I still come here, more out of habit, because I still care for many of you people, than out of anything else.

--------------------
-Plato

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 07:15:33 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-19-2005 05:18 AM                       
Dawn, I have been reading all of the things you have been writing over the last two weeks with great interest, even though I have seldom commented. I'll do that now. First, a lot of the things I have been commenting on about you have seemed to bear themselves out. Some of your most frequent conversation partners here are former lovers. Not only that, there is something I didn't count on. You're sick, Dawn, you suffer from frequent bouts of mental depression. I'm actually starting to wonder where you'll be five years from now. Could the answer possibly be, already dead for perhaps four and a half years?

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 07:15:56 pm »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 05-19-2005 05:26 AM                       
Dawn, here is some sound advice for you. You have to "want" not not to be depressed. You have to not always take things so seriously, you have to have a good time, and you have to be just a teency-weency bit selfish once in awhile.

Contrary to what some people say, there is nothing wrong with having a good time. Have a good time all the time, that's what I always say!    Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 07:16:23 pm »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 05-19-2005 05:29 AM                       
What a crummy low blow. Norman, you are a totally evil little troll. You are as mean as she tries to be nice. Gee, I hope you run into someone like yourself if there comes a time when you ever need help in your life.

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2007, 07:16:53 pm »

Veronica Poe

Member # 2172

posted 05-19-2005 05:39 AM                       
Norman...each time you open your mouth, you manage to find new ways to disgust me. Is your cruelty so limitless that you have to constantly attack the one person here who has genuinely never meant for you to have any harm, just when she is at her weakest? Just what kind of a monster are you? Why don’t you just leave the rest of us in peace?
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 07:17:16 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-19-2005 05:55 AM                       
I'd like to remind you that yours is hardly the voice of virtue in this forum, Veronica.

I'll answer those questions, provided you answer one of mine first. Why is it that so many of you always leap to the defense of Dawn? Why not just let Dawn defend herself like so many others do in this forum? Is that so bad? 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2007, 07:17:39 pm »

Baphomet

Member # 2177

Member Rated:
   posted 05-19-2005 06:03 AM                       
And yet, you might have noticed, Norman, that Dawn doesn't defend herself when attacked. She never has, and she probably never will. Which raises the interesting question, to me, at least, why someone would so persistently and hatefully continue to attack a woman who doesn't even care to fight back? Are you just wholly insensitive, or are you completely evil?

--------------------
"The sleep of reason brings forth monsters." - Goya

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2007, 07:18:02 pm »

Aristotle

Member # 2244

Member Rated:
   posted 05-19-2005 06:10 AM                       
Norman, the reason why some of us may defend her is because Dawn doesn't even fight back on her own. I suppose you've already noticed that anyway, which, I've often thought, makes her such an inviting target to yourself and Calvin. At heart, you're both just a couple of bullies who think they can intimidate young women.

--------------------
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2007, 07:18:25 pm »

Jennie McGrath

Member # 2197

Member Rated:
   posted 05-19-2005 06:15 AM                       
Go away, Norman, you little toad! Everytime you or Calvin come here, you spoil things.

Tell you what, I'm going to give you a test.

Why don't you go away, then see if, the next time you come back, you can say only nice things to someone! Be a nice switch for you, wouldn' it? Bet you can't pass the test! 
Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2007, 07:18:49 pm »

Dawn Moline

Member # 2173

Member Rated:
   posted 05-19-2005 06:24 AM                       
How much worse would I be doing right now without friends. But there is no need for anyone to keep defending me, these attacks will continue to go on anyway. I think ignoring them might just be best. They are a symptom of the problem, nothing more, have nothing actually to do with what I am feeling.

Norman has often asked about my personal life, well, today I'll tell him something. A few years ago, a close male friend of mine (no one here) was suffering through a family tragedy. I tried to be there for him, like I do any friend of mine who I think happens to need me in their life. I was more upbeat and cheerful then, nothing like I am now. We were only friends, but he made a pass at me and he was so sad that I just didn't have the heart to turn him down. Any woman will tell you that a lot of the male friends you have in your life want to do that with you eventually. I let him have sex with me, he was so miserable, and it seemed more important to me to help him than to protect my virtue, what little I actually have left, I suppose.

It's interesting how we, as human beings, always come full circle.

Yesterday afternoon, I went down to the lake in another of my sad moods I've been having lately. I remember looking out at the lake and for some inane reason, I just started crying, couldn't even control the crying. Well, a college student came up to me, a few years younger than me, and tried to comfort me. He was very nice, did his best to soothe me, tell me that whatever I was upset about couldn't be that bad. He asked me if I was crying because I had lost someone. As usual, I couldn't even put into the right words, the reason for my sadness. I couldn't tell him that the person that I had lost, was me.

He tried to kiss me, I was feeling so weak, and I just let him, an odd thing to do, just meeting someone in a park. We spent some more time together, I had nothing else to do that day, even let him take me back to his home. I suppose I was looking for anything to lift me out of my depression, but he was oddly attracted to my sadness and so, the same thing that happened years earlier, well, happened again. For a short time, my problems maybe did melt away, but then I awoke later, knew I didn't want to take things any further, dressed, then left in the dark. I'll see him again in the park someday, but, by that time, what occurred will only be a distant memory. Although, I did give him my name.

I don't normally use sex to solve my problems, even though from what I've written here, it may seem like I do. I've had some very nice relationships, but they have never been what life is all about for me. In the end, whatever occurred solved nothing because I still have the same thoughts yesterday as I had today.

I am alone, just as, even when we find one another, we still tend to be alone. We aren't close to each other anymore, and none of us tends to let the other really in. We might have human contact with one another, but in the end, it doesn't change anything, and it actually means nothing.

--------------------
-Plato

Report Spam   Logged

Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2007, 07:19:10 pm »

Norman Pounders

Member # 2237

Rate Member   posted 05-19-2005 06:29 AM                       
What a disgusting little story.

--------------------
"The world is not divided into men and women. It's divided into great minds and small minds;

- Anassa

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: