Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 02:25:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Update About Cuba Underwater Megalithic Research
http://www.timstouse.com/EarthHistory/Atlantis/bimini.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Meaning of Existence (Original)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Meaning of Existence (Original)  (Read 6114 times)
Sun Goddess
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2007, 08:10:52 pm »

Jade Hellene

Member # 2321

Member Rated:
   posted 05-22-2005 10:40 PM                       
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For your information Jade, in my eyes yo are just as proud and stubborn as Calvin Noble. Feel offended, or consider my words and ask yourself: 'why?' You might learn something

Vlad, why should I even bother to care what you think of me? As it happens, that is also the same way that I happen to view you.

Now, before you shut out all the rest of the things I happen to say because they come from me, I would like you to pay attention. You came here with your own set of beliefs, and, apparently expected to enlighten others with them, even though yourself have remained close minded to what anyone else has to say. You aren’t open to new viewpoints, you’re as close-minded as you claim that Dawn or myself or Calvin are to them.

It’s not about changing other’s viewpoints, Vlad, it isn’t about “who’ right and who’s wrong,” it’s about laying it all out there and actually discussing new ideas. You don’t discuss, you lecture and that is all.

You know, more of you might want to leave.

I’m getting the feeling from a lot of the posts I’ve seen here lately that a lot of you just, come here to fight with each other and exhange insults. Some of them have downright made me feel like I’m back in the third grade. Well, even if you don’t like Calvin or some of the other people here you can still find a better way to make your points without talking about people’s genitals or sexual orientation. I think a lot of you seem to get more hung up on who the messenger is than what they are trying to say. Well, we don’t need that kind of crap in the forum. We don’t need someone censoring us either, but I like to believe that intelligent people can have an intelligent discussion.

Are we intelligent here? I leave it to each of you to best answer that question.

Many of you have made this personal and it should not be personal.

[ 05-22-2005, 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Jade Hellene ]

--------------------
Sort through the media disinformation:
http://mediamatters.org/

Report Spam   Logged

"Often the test of courage is not to die but to live." — Vittorio Alfieri
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: