Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:22:04 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Comet theory collides with Clovis research, may explain disappearance of ancient people
http://uscnews.sc.edu/ARCH190.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Plans for Ancient Mysteries

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plans for Ancient Mysteries  (Read 1666 times)
unknown
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 04:00:01 pm »

Merlin's thread in Supressed Knowledge (don't remember the name of it) at Atlantis Rising and the Ley Line thread here.
Report Spam   Logged

"There exists an agent, which is natural and divine, material and spiritual, a universal plastic mediator, a common receptical of the fluid vibrations of motion and the images of forms, a fluid, and a force, which can be called the Imagination of Nature..."
Elphias Levi
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 06:21:00 pm »

Ah, the Ley Lines, Unk. 

Mdsungate is amazed that it hasn't been touched since he had to leave.

He can't wait to get back to it with you, so get ready.....
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 08:14:09 pm »

Speaking of ley lines..

I can also remember bits and peices of mercury driven air vehicals.
And then the subject of the LC!?.

Roll Eyes Hmmm
Now is there any connections between these things?
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 10:08:45 am »

I'm not sure if everyone will agree with me about this, however I was thinking.
(Can hear everyone saying uh-oh)

Anyhow, we have a ton of great subjects. Yet we have a ton of sub-catagories that have these sujects widely dispersed. My suggestion is; Consolidate! Within ancient mysteries, Thing like Egypt, Atlantis, Mu and other ancient places could be consolided into one sub-catagory. Many other subjects kinda fall into the same subcatagories much the same.

I guess the idea is to simplify.
Report Spam   Logged

Europa
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 03:13:39 pm »

I totally agree with the idea to simplify, Herefornow, but the question has always been, just how to do that?  All the categories here have been requested by one person or other, are usually pretty active, and there are a lot of students and researchers here that contribute to them regularly.

So, we've been resistant to be too radical with redoing the design because of those kinds of considerations.  I totally see where you're coming from, though.  Maybe just stick to a few categories and ignore the rest if that's what works best for you?

All the best,

Europa
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2008, 05:18:34 am »

You mean like I have been?  Wink
(kidding)

Report Spam   Logged

Dawn Moline
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2008, 09:32:54 pm »

I would like to thank everyone for contributing to carrying the old posts over to here, our new home.  Didn't I mention that it would take years?

I have more ideas. Let us make this Ancient Mysteries forum as much like the old one as we can, meaning that we also carry all the old topics from that forum, in chronological order, into here.  I know it is a big job, but I have a feeling that they will be lost in time after the old forum does it's next "purge."

Cheers,

Dawn
Report Spam   Logged

"The unexamined life is one not worth leading."
-Plato
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2008, 12:11:20 pm »

Dawn, is there anything you would like to see happen above and beyond?
 Smiley I like to shoot big because then even half way gets alot done.
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

Hermes, Gateway of the Sun

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2009, 07:35:00 pm »

:)Did I hear “Ley Lines” and “Merlin?” Unknown?  LOL.
HereForNow remembers “bits and pieces of mercury driven air vehicles”
Yes Dawn, I’m back.  And “Ancient Mysteries” is probably what draws a lot of us here.  The desire to know the unknown, or perhaps better put, to relearn what has been lost to time.
   And the unknown is a very controversial thing, isn’t it? (No pun intended Unknown).  It draws in the cynics and the believers alike.  Naming something as broad a title as “Ancient Mysteries” is like throwing a hook into the water.  We don’t know what we’re going to catch.  Like the series “In Search of Ancient Mysteries” it can cover everything from Noah’s Ark to the Great Seal on the Dollar bill.  
   So how would you organize something this diverse?  It becomes by its very essence the branches of a great oak tree.  I know I always find myself jumping back and forth between threads because the topics seem to cross over and pertain to one another.  For instance, take Bianca’s new thread on the 13th power point in the Atlantis Power Grid.  We have Ley Lines, Tesla, Atlantis (of course), and a myriad of other topics that can pertain like archeology and geological explanations of the location.  
            My favorite technique is to first look at replies to my own posts.  When that hasn’t happened I scroll down the list of topics on the main page and look for the friends I know and where they’re posting things.  I can't count Bianca there, there are too many to choose from, LOL.
            Maybe an easier technique than rewriting all the old posts would be to do what Google and other web sites do.  Which is to place links at the bottom which say something like: “If you like this topic, perhaps you would enjoy this similar topic”, or something along that order. Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Hermes Trismegistus:  “As above, so below.”
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2009, 07:44:25 pm »

Maybe an easier technique than rewriting all the old posts would be to do what Google and other web sites do.  Which is to place links at the bottom which say something like: “If you like this topic, perhaps you would enjoy this similar topic”, or something along that order.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do that with my own posts sometimes, only I am always afraid of being 'pushy'......

But if others start doing it, it will become the norm.

I think you got a great idea there, Sungate!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
mdsungate

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2009, 05:56:06 pm »

Grin  Thanks, "B".  Of couse I think it's a good idea, since I'm suggesting it, LOL Roll Eyes

But what do the mods think?   Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2009, 11:41:46 am »

:)Did I hear “Ley Lines” and “Merlin?” Unknown?  LOL.
HereForNow remembers “bits and pieces of mercury driven air vehicles”
Yes Dawn, I’m back.  And “Ancient Mysteries” is probably what draws a lot of us here.  The desire to know the unknown, or perhaps better put, to relearn what has been lost to time.
   And the unknown is a very controversial thing, isn’t it? (No pun intended Unknown).  It draws in the cynics and the believers alike.  Naming something as broad a title as “Ancient Mysteries” is like throwing a hook into the water.  We don’t know what we’re going to catch.  Like the series “In Search of Ancient Mysteries” it can cover everything from Noah’s Ark to the Great Seal on the Dollar bill.  
   So how would you organize something this diverse?  It becomes by its very essence the branches of a great oak tree.  I know I always find myself jumping back and forth between threads because the topics seem to cross over and pertain to one another.  For instance, take Bianca’s new thread on the 13th power point in the Atlantis Power Grid.  We have Ley Lines, Tesla, Atlantis (of course), and a myriad of other topics that can pertain like archeology and geological explanations of the location.  
            My favorite technique is to first look at replies to my own posts.  When that hasn’t happened I scroll down the list of topics on the main page and look for the friends I know and where they’re posting things.  I can't count Bianca there, there are too many to choose from, LOL.
            Maybe an easier technique than rewriting all the old posts would be to do what Google and other web sites do.  Which is to place links at the bottom which say something like: “If you like this topic, perhaps you would enjoy this similar topic”, or something along that order. Wink

Hey MDsun, is there any way I could order an 41A313778AEP1? (Consumables)
 Wink
I'm also going to need an 84A523567G1......(Eng Consul.)
Report Spam   Logged

mdsungate

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2009, 10:27:14 pm »

Smiley  Hey HereForNow.
is there any way I could order an 41A313778AEP1? (Consumables)

I'm also going to need an 84A523567G1......(Eng Consul.)

I checked the database.  Those drawing numbers aren’t in the system, LOL.  But we’re not allowed to upload the classified designs.  I have to admit, when I look at these designs, I’m lost, LOL.  But when it calls for Cadmium, I know it’s nuclear. 

So what do you plan to do with it?  Power your spacestation? LOL.  I’ll get back to the private enterprise to Mars shortly.  “B” has me reading about as much information as can handle, just to catch up on what I’ve missed!   Wink
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: