Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 09:27:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 'Europe's oldest city' found in Cadiz
http://mathaba.net/rss/?x=566660

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

CHARLES BERLITZ - Underwater Ruins Found in The Bermuda Triangle

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHARLES BERLITZ - Underwater Ruins Found in The Bermuda Triangle  (Read 5344 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: March 12, 2007, 06:17:26 pm »

ATLANTIS: The Eighth Continent

Charles Berlitz -1984

UNDERWATER RUINS

The section of the Western Atlantic called the Bermuda Triangle contains a number of curious formations on parts of the shallow sea bottom of the Bermuda Banks. 

Since the end of World War II, some of these formations have been seen by pilots
as they flew over the islands and surrounding waters on search missions for signs of ships or planes reported missing in the Bermuda Triangle.  Some pilots, on regularly scheduled or charter flights, have remarked on what seemed to be walls or roads under water.  Other pilots, flying at low altitudes, have suggested that some of these formations may be the tops of buildings sunken under the seafloor.

These supposed structures, located on the Bermuda Banks or off the continental shelf, have been ignored for centuries even though they must have sometimes been encountered by fishermen or divers.  There are a numer of reasons for their not having been known previously.  In earlier days the crews of treasure ships and the pirates who customarily pursued them were uninterested in anything other than negotiable treasure.  What seemed to be stone structures, seen in later years by fishermen or oceanographers, were thought to be natural formations or ballast from wrecks.  The evidently artificial composition of such structures is not apparent from sea level, but is often quite clear from the air,where the straight lines and geo-
metric angles on the bottom may be more clearly discerned.  And, finally, there was no appreciable interest in man-made building artifacts in the western Atlantic as there was no reason to suspect that underwater cities could possibly be there.  For, if they were, they would have had to be built before 12,000 +/- years B.P. (Before
Present), the approximate time when sea level rose to cover large sections of the coasts and islands of the ocean.  This would be, in standard archaeological opinion, historically impossible - 7000 years too early - for men to be building cities.

Not more than a quarter of a mile from the shores of Bimini a series of long stone walls, or roads as they are sometimes referred to, is presently easy to find and has been examined by divers and by archaeologists intent on defending or opposing the previously held concepts of history and the age of civilization.  With continuing research and the widening scope of investigation, it is becoming increasingly difficult, however, to declare that these stone constructions are pieces of beach rock that accidentally and, at random, have built themselves into a wall.

Scores of other examples extend through the waters of the Bahama Banks; sometimes forming great stone circles, like Stonehenge in England, sometimes connecting existing islands by underwater walls or roads, sometimes consisting of circular walls built around freshwater springs far below the surface, often by a series of straight and intersecting lines along the bottom, like the intersecting lines of the Nazca Valley in Peru, and often great rectangular forms traceable in distinct shapes by variantions of bottom vegetation, the possible outline of a large building
or platform which has subsided below the ocean floor.

These rather convincing indications of ancient constructions on the Bahama Banks
have been investigated by a number of individuals, and especially by Dr. Manson Valentine, a paleontologist, geologist and underwater archaeologist of Miami.  Dr. Valentine has been studying the underwater area of the Bahama Banks for twenty-five years.  In addition to his scientific background, and perhaps equally pertinent to his discoveries, he has been an active spelunker, an aircraft pilot and a scuba as well as hard-hat diver.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 07:59:55 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 07:31:17 pm »

C. Berlitz                                                                                                    continued

Dr. Valentine became convinced of pre-cataclysmic (and pre-Flood) civilizations from his own investigations of caverns in Yucatan.  These enormous caverns contains
giant carved rocks in animal shapes that show signs of long immersion under water with oceanic fauna still adhering to them.  This seemed to indicate conclusively that these caves, now well above sea level, had sunk below it and returned above it, in the periodic risings and sinkings of land areas throughout the Atlantic coastal area - and the world.

Dr. Valentine described his finds in the Bahama Banks:

"The entire area of the Bahama Banks was above sea level during the last glaciation and became covered with the subsequent rise in sea level.  I wanted to test the geological proposition which states: If the great submerged plateaus of the Bahamas were dry land in the relatively recent past, as seems certain, then their shallow waters might well yield signs of occupation by ancient man.

I started work in 1958, taking photographs from small planes.  Since that time, we have located well over thirty areas where there are probably man-made remains either on the sea bottom or below it.  For example, between Diamond Point and Tongue of the Ocean there is a network of modular straight lines intersecting at right, obtuse and acute angles.  It resembles an architect's plan for a complex urban development with still more lines in the distance which I would call "ghost patterns", since they are the vague outlines of other structures too deeply buried to be traced in detail."

[Q]  Where did you start your investigation?

[A]  Between Orange Key and Bimini.  I saw a series of enormous rectangles along the sea bottom connected by straight lines.

[Q]  Why did you believe they were ruins?

[A]  I considered them man-made as they were straight lines running along the sea bottom right to the drop-off of the continental shelf.  What is down there below these lines influences the ecology of the surface algae and the result is a pattern.
At Riding Rocks a vast expanse of shallow water is divided into squares.  At Orange Key, south of Bimini, there is an absolutely straight rectangle the size of a football
field.   All the way to Bimini there is a succession of architectural patterns, square and rectangular, indicating the size and shape of what lies below.  All this suggested to me the one-time presence of ancient peoples.

[Q]  Have you seen other ancient patterns like this at sea or land?

[A]  In the Nazca Desert of Peru I saw on land the same apparent proof of occupancy, including geometrical figures of various shapes, some of them comparable to those on the Bahama Banks.

[Q]  When did you first encounter the Bimini Road or Bimini Wall"

I found it when I was returning by boat from a diving trip at Paradise Cay on Labor Day, 1968.  I had been looking for a seamount near Paradise Cay, an enormous one that comes from a depth of about 3000 feet to fifty feet below the surface.I was
with divers Jacques Mayol, Chip Climo and the famous Bimini fisherman Bonefish Sam.  On the way back I asked Bonefish to take me to a place where I could observe fish and he said he knew about a reef west of Bimini in front of North American Rockwell Point.  When we arrived there, Chip went over the side and I followed him.

When I saw a regular pattern of these enormous stones, I was so surprised that I lost my weight belt, which must still be there.  I could hardly believe it; it was like a dream.  It occurred to me that it might be the Sache' - the ceremonial white road of the Maya - as it resembled what I had seen in Yucatan.  I followed it for hundreds of yards to the big stones that go under the sand. Then I knew we had something."
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 08:02:15 pm »

C. Berlitz                                                                                                continued

[Q]  Did you connect it with the Edgar Cayce prophecy about Atlantis?

[A]  I did not know about the prophecy at the time.  But when I learned later that, twenty-eight years before we found the wall, he had said that Atlantis would rise
again, adding  "....expect it in '68 or 69, not so far away."  And then when I learned that he had further said that it would be discovered near Bimini, I must admit that I
was amazed. 

[Q]  What do you think of the criticism from the scientific establishment implying that the road is not man-made but simply beach-rock?

[A]  Believe me, these are not squares of beach rock arranged by nature in neat rows to fool gullible underwater archaeologists.  Many of the stones are of flint-hard micrite, unlike soft beach rock.  The lines of closely fitted stones are straight, mutually parallel and terminate in cornerstones.  The stone avenue does not follow
the curving beach rock-line, which follows the shape of the island, but is straight.  The long avenue contains enormous flat stones propped up at their corners by pillar stones, like the dolmens of the coast of Western Europe.  Perfect rectangles, right angles and rectilinear configurations are unaccountable in a natural formation.

One end of the complex swings into a beautifully curved corner before vanishing under the sand.  No one has yet dug underneath it , so we don't know how far down the stones go.

[Q]  What do you think the ruin is?

[A]  I think it is a ceremonial road leading to a special  site.  After the curve, the stone breaks into three ranks from two.  A part of the Mayan ceremonial road, the Sacbe',goes underwater in Yucatan and continues for more than a quarter of a mile offshore, before disappearing.  As the Sacbe' was a raised causeway, I think that excavtions under the stones and alongside would reveal buildings.  But most archaeologists seem inclined to be allergic to water - they consider that, since the shoreline has probably always been the same, why bother looking under water for archaeological remains of buildings and roads?

[Q]  Don't you think this sentiment is changing?

[A]  Not entirely.  I think the reason scientists hesitate to look into these ruins and other unexplained ones is that they are afraid something will turn up that will upset their neat explanations.  This prejudice goes way back and has to do with anticataclysmic opinions.  Such thinkers don't want to find anything that has to do with sudden change.  They prefer to consider many ruins and statues as freaks of nature.  Nevertheless, with new and unexpected finds, cracks are appearing here and there among the 'scientoid' community.  I have hope for the future.

[Q]  What race do you think was responsible for building these roads or walls?

[A]  These are the people who made the big spheres of Central America and stone heads of Tehuantepec, the huge platforms of Baalbek in Lebanon, Malta in the Mediterranean, Stonehenge in England, the walls of Sacsahuaman and Ollantaytambo in Peru, the standing stone avenues of Brittany, the colossal ruins of Tiahuanaco in Bolivia and the statues of Easter Island - this was a prehistoric race that could transport and position cyclopean stones in ways that remain a mystery to us."

Dr. Valentine is referring here to places that he, in a long career as an explorer and archaeologist, has personally investigated.  If the Bimini underwater construction is a raised road, the supporting stones must still be under the sea bottom, as would be the ceremonial center or centers the road was leading to.  If it is a wall, it must have fallen on its side, possibly during a seismic upheaval.

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 09:41:10 pm »

C. Berlitz                                                                                               continued

Edgar Cayce, a modern clairvoyant, whose startling prophecies, many of which were exactly fulfilled, brought him worldwide renown, foretold in 1940 the finding of underwater ruins related to the legendary Atlantis of Poseidon.  His transcribed prophecy of 1940 read, "And Poseidia will be among the first portions of Atlantis to rise again.  Expect it in '68 or '69 - not so far away."  He added, " a portion of the
[Atlantean] temple may yet be discovered under the slime of ages of seawater - near what is known as Bimini, off the coast of Florida."

Under the impulse of this prophecy, a number of pilots, including Bob Brush, Trig Adams, Jim Richardson and the French pilot and undersea explorer Dimitri Rebikoff, began to closely observe the Bimini Banks as they flew over them and, appropriately
in 1969, did report on an additional series of sightings off Andros, the Berry Islands
and Bimini.

Two expeditions by boat to the Bimini site under the direction of Dr. David Zink, historian, diver and author (THE STONES OF ATLANTIS), remained anchored over the wall or road for months at a time, long enough to examine the large stones and their surroundings in detail.  Zink is of the opinion that the stones do not represent random beach rock, not only because of their composition, but because a fracture in the limestone seafloor broke and changed the position of the solid limestone in the vicinity and under the wall, but did not affect the alignment of the wall itself.  A grooved building block was brought up in the course of the expedition as well as a "stylized head", estimated to weigh from 200 to 300 pounds - possibly the head of an animal - a giant feline, perhaps a jaguar.

Dr. Zink points out that the hard stones of the wall are distinct from the ordinary beach rock, which "under certain conditions can form rapidly, as evinced by beer bottles found cemented within." Such beer bottles are, of course, considerably more modern than other glass remains on the seafloor as, for example, the rum bottles found in the sunken city of Port Royal, which in one short moment descended with its rum-drinking inhabitants to its present site beneath the sea.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 09:59:27 pm »

C. Berlitz                                                                                               dontinued

An expedition conducted in 1982 by Herbert Sawinski, an explorer, diver and chairman of the Museum of Science and Archaeology in Fort Lauderdale, investigated another lesser-known section of the Bermuda Triangle: submerged banks with land outcroppings at various locations between 23deg.50' and 23deg.
30' N and 80deg. 30' to 79deg 40' W.   Extensive stone pavements were located and photographed at a depth of twenty-five feet, as well as distinct walls with vestiges of a pavement running along the top.  The main wall continues for a quarter of a mile out to sea, where it suddenly disappears into 2500 feet of water.

Part of this wall, or causeway, bifurcates near the shore and continues under water partially along the coastline of the present remains of what was once a larger island now under the ocean.  At another point on this submarine plateau, the divers followed a passageway under submerged rocks and discovered a sunken quarry, complete with shaped blocks of stone still inside it.  Attempts to photograph the quarry failed because of heavy surface waves, low visibility and strong under-
water surges.

The entire underwater plateau on which these remains of buildings exist is about sixty miles on each side of a lopsided triangle between the Straits of Florida and the Santaren and Nicholas channels.  It breaks the surface only around in edges, roughly establishing the boundaries of what was once a large island, one that could have supported many inhabitants.  While there is no fresh water on the narrow land border, there are a number of freshwater springs in the ocean, just as there are in the Azores.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 10:14:48 pm »

C. Berlitz                                                                                                 continued

Within this area there are several unusual blue holes - not caves in underwater limestone cliffs, but circular holes half a mile in diameter, going straight down to depths of 1000 feet although the sea bottom surrounding the holes is only several fathoms deep.  These holes in the ocean can be compared in shape to the cenotes.
the large open wells at Chichen Itza, into which Mayas used to throw jade, gold, and maidens as sacrifices to the gods.

It is in this very area that fishermen and pilots have given rise to a report of a large pyramid or pyramids off one of the Bahama Bank rising from the ocean floor. A huge pyramid to the southwest of the Cay Sal Bank was reported in 1977 as having appeared in outline on the depth finder of a boat during a deep-sea fishing trip.  Since then, a number of soundings and dives, with as yet inconclusive results, have been made on the same or similar pyramidal formations located in deep water within the area.  Eugene Shinn, a geologist with the United States Geological Survey, has been quoted in the press as declaring that a "pyramid" near Cay Sal is a natural formation, despite its pyramid-shaped profile.  Some divers claim they have noted divisions or regular cracks along the side of an underwater pyramid that would be explainable if the pyramid were composed of large stone blocks. 
The matter has been further complicated by the probability that there is more than one pyramidal formation in the general area, just as there are a number - probably
between fifty and sixty - of unexplained underwater stone walls, roads and circles throughout the Caribbean and the Bahamas area of the western Atlantic.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 09:15:23 am »

C. Berlitz                                                                                                  continued

An expedition in search of the alleged pyramid near Cay Sal was organized in 1978 by Ari Marshall, a Greek industrialist interested in the age-old legend of Atlantis.  His expedition actually took closed-circuit television footage of a pyramidal mound off the Cay Sal Bank at a depth of over 750 feet.

Ari Marshall remembers some details:

"The first thing we noticed when we got near the area was that all the compasses were going berserk.  We spent eight hours making tapes, starting at 700 feet to 1500 feet deep.  We would go about a mile, then make a 90 degree turn and go back again.  Finally I saw it coming up on the sonar screen.  I told the captain to stop and then proceed slowly.  We were ritht over the pyramid.  The top seemed to be about 150 feet from the surface, with the total depth about 650 feet.  We
lowered the camera and high intensity lights down the side of the mass and suddenly came to an opening.  Light flashes or shining white objects were being swept into the opening by turbulence.  They may have been gas or some sort of energy crystals.  Further down, the same thing happened in reverse.  They were coming out again at a lower level.  It was surprising that the water in this deep area was green instead of black near the pyramid, even at night."

Divers were not sent down to the 350 feet and deeper level on this expedition.  The resulting videotape turned out to be inconclusive because of the limited field of the video lens.  While the "pyramid" seemed to show an inclined wall, it was not evident whether or not it was made of stone.  But the unexpected photographing of the large holes in the side of the massive object through which glowing and apparently electrically charged particles were passing is a striking reminder of the many electronic anomalies often reported in the Bermuda Triangle.

There would of course be more than sufficient depth to contain a large pyramid in the deep ocean off the Cay Sal Bank and, considering the remains of stone pavements, walls and roads already evident in various parts of the Bahamas area,
the construction of pyramids or temple pyramids would be logical, just as it was in Yucatan, relatively nearby, and in Mesopotamia and Egypt. 

An underwater pyramid would be difficult to chart, partially because of the changing bottom and partially because of the small area of the apex.  U.S. Marine charts as well as the British Admiraly charts show what may be a seamount or a
manmade pyramid at 23degrees 25'N and 79 degrees 43W of the bank in 250 fathoms of water, which suddenly rises to a shallow of forty-two feet.  But another sudden rise appears only on the British Admiralty charts at 23degrees 34' N and
80 degrees W at a depth of 300 fathoms, which rises to thirty-eight feet.  At a depth of 300 fathoms it is understandable that there could be large objects on the bottom that might have escaped previous notice, unless they were being specifically searched for.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 09:50:32 am »

C. Berlitz                                                                                           continued

More exact measurements of the ocean floor will eventually establish whether these mounds are seamounts or man-made pyramids.  Several years ago a U.S. submarine
suddenly struck an underwater hazard at a point near this pyramid area although there was no seamount or large wreck indicated on the charts.  No damage was done, as the submarine was equipped for Arctic ice breaking and, after its encounter with what may have been a 12,000-year-old monument, it continued on its way.

Sightings of underwater pyramids have sometimes come from individuals who have flown over or otherwise visited certain areas of the Bermuda Triangle at the time of unusually turbulent sea action.  Such turbulence may come from underwater surges, seaquakes, localized hurricanes (minicanes), scouring of the bottom cover by storm action or tidal changes caused by seiche waves that may have originated far away and that suddenly draw water away from the land and then crest near the islands, or by other occurrences endemic to the Triangle that we do not yet understand.

One change in water level that uncovered a surprising view of the bottom was en-
countered by Ed Wildon (once a mayoral candidate for Orlando, Florida) on June 7, 1948.  He was piloting an open Waco with a Continental engine, equipped for twelve-hour flight, engaged in shallow-bottom treasure hunting by air:

"I was about 45 miles northeast of Miami and flying at about 250 feet above sea level when a hissing, smashing updraft hit me.  It bounced the plane about 1000
feet upward.  Now I have been in updrafts and downdrafts, but nothing like this.  After I got back to more or less normal, I noticed that the water had become bright and silvery.  I noticed something big under the water and thought it was a wrecked ship.  It was not far from the surface.  Something was causing the water to rush past it at a fast rate.  It curled around it and made a deep channel.  The ocean seemed to be opening up.  I was now flying low in a sort of trough in the
water with both sides of it along the wingtips.

I suddenly realized that what I was looking at was not a ship at all, but seemed to be a huge building that looked like a mountain.  I was down at about fifty feet from the surface and could see it in the water.  I circled around it for about a minute and a half.  I could even see barnacles on it and water running past the top of it.  At my point of angle and from my position I could clearly see it was a monstruous building.  The sun was radiating in such a way that in its rays I could see this huge building, clearly visible down under the water.   I thought I saw other buildings around it but I could not see them well.  The one I was looking at must have been 100 to 250 feet high, according to the patter I could get.

I started to time myself on the leg out to get readings of the location when out of this blue clear day another strange incident occurred:  all my magnetics had gone to zero.  Then a strange hue occured all around me.  At about 600 feet above water in the air that bright crimson hue simply baffled me.

That 240 H.P. Continental began to be the most crazily running engine I have ever had the experience to feel.  It became motionless no matter what I did with the throttle and pumps.  It glided and floated smoothly for at least two miles.  Then the engine simply started itself.  I could not dive because I was already on top of the water.  Then I realized that some force was pulling toward a westerly direction.

Now, after all this I finally got back to the airport with my Bendix blasting hell out of everybody but not one single band would respond.  After landing and getting inspection of Radio Communication and units, every last unit was blown, shorted out by some high frequency electronic shock, or mysterious high voltage in the air.  They said I might have run through a magnetic belt or something.

Over the past years I have been back many times, but I could never sight it again.  A lot of damned Miamians made furn of my story.  But I know I am right.  You have hit with the sonar instruments the very object I talked about in exactly the same area."
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2007, 10:22:42 am »

C. Berlitz                                                                                                continued

A diving experience in Bahama water, related by Dr. Ray Brown, a diver and lecturer
of Mesa, Arizona, indicates how the sea bottom can change as a result of a violent storm.  Within the Bermuda Triangle such a storm can sometimes uncover ruins for a short time, only before they are buried again under the seafloor. 

Dr. Brown, who was familiar with the Berry Islands of the Bahamas, where he had
previously searched for Spanish treasure galleons, returned there in 1970.  He detailed his experience in an interview with the author.

"When we returned to where we had been before, looking for the sunken galleons, a violent squall came up.  We had to hang on to mangroves on the island, it was so violent.  Six-to-eight-foot waves broke over us and we lost most of our equipment. 

In the morning we saw that our compasses were spinning and our magnometers were not giving readings.  We took off northeast from the island.  It was murky, but suddenly we could see outlines of buildings under the water.  It seemed to be a large exposed area of an underwater city.  We were five divers and we all jumped in and dove down, looking for anything we could find.

As we swam on, the water became clearer.  I was close to the bottom at 135 feet and was trying to keep up with the diver ahead of me.  I turned to look toward the sun through the murky waters and saw a pyramid shape shining like a mirror.  About thirty-five to forty feet from the top was an opening.  I was reluctant to go inside....but I swam in anyway.  The opening was like a shaft debouching into an inner room.  I saw somthing shining.  It was a crystal, held by two metallic hands.  I had on my gloves and I tried to loosen it.  It became loose.  As soon as I grabbed it, I felt this was the time to get out and not come back.

I'm not the only person who has seen these ruins - others have seen them from the air and say they are five miles wide and more than that in length."

Reports from the other divers who were with Dr. Brown at the time are unavailable since three of them have died or disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle while diving.  Dr. Brown still has the crystal, which he sometimes shows to lecture audiences.   Inside the round crystal can be seen a series of pyramidial forms.  When one holds the crystal, a throbbing sensation is felt in the hand of the holder, whether by auto-suggestion or some quality inherent in the object.

Dr. Brown does not express an opinion as to the identity of the place that he visited except to say that it was an underwater pyramid surrounded by ruined buildings.  He believes that the pyramid and the other buildings extended farther
down under the seafloor, with only the upper portions visible.  Brown does not reveal the coordinates of the pyramid, which, if located near the Berry Islands, is definitely not the one searched for by the  Ari Marshall expedition.  Divers and captains of small craft who have seen underwater ruins are understandably chary of facilitatingdirections to their finds.  This applies equally to locations of treasure ships, where rival diving groups have engaged in underwater combat with one another in the best James Bond tradition.

If the pyramid has not sunk under the seafloor again, it should be able to be seen from the air under optimum visibility conditions, as the top would be about forty-five feet from the surface.  While future divers could probably not count on retrieving crystals from interior passageways, the reward for finding such an archtectural artifact as the pyramid should be sufficient.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2007, 11:59:40 am »

C. Berlitz                                                                                              continued

Treasure divers represent a danger to archaeological sites and artifacts found under
the water just as generations of dryland treasure hunters have disturbed buried re-
mains of ancient cities by carrying off artifacts to sell to museums and private collect-
ors.  Suggestions have been made by treasure divers that some of the undersea ruins in the Triangle be dynamited to see what, if anything, is underneath.  For this
reason, divers and archaeological underwater explorers should exercise caution in their research, checking recovery of artifacts with the governments that control the local waters.  Americans are cautioned to stay twenty-six miles away from the coast of Cuba, despite the rumored sunken cities reputed to lie nearby under the sea, still unexplored because it never occurred to anyone until comparatively recently that perhaps an important section of the former civilized world, colonies or even part of ancient Atlantis, could be found under the western Atlantic and the Carib-
ean Sea.

It may be nothing more than a coincidence that the area of most of the underwater
discoveries in the western Atlantic is within the Bermuda Triangle (a section of the
Atlantic lying roughly between Bermuda, southern Florida and a point past the Antilles at 60 degrees W longitude), where hundreds of ships and planes, with their crews and passengers, have disappeared without a trace during the last fifty years and, before that, ever since the area was first traveled by ships in coastal trade or transatlantic travel.  While the incidence of disappearance is relatively small, compared with the number of daily flights over and boat trips across the Triangle,
the question of what causes the disappearances and what happens to the victims is still unresolved.

In modern times, since the phenomenon has been more closely investigated, last
messages from ships and planes, as well as reports from craft that have encountered unusual conditions in this danger zone and succeeded in escaping, have formed a clear picture of what may have happened in a number of final disappearances and some survivals. 

Certain indications are common to both groups.  They include compass spinning, sudden power failure, malfunction of navigational equipment, flight indicator radar blackout, electronic drain, inability to control altitude of planes, light anomalies seen at night in the air and below the surface of the sea, the sudden appearance of enveloping, sometimes glowing, for over a small area at sea level or as a cloud in the skiy (witnesses, sometimes hundreds at a time, have seen planes vanish into such phenomenon - and not reappear), stress on the metal and wood construction of planes and ships, and strong magnetic pulls of planes and surface craft toward the sea and beneath it.  These reported occurrences are apparently not related to sudden storms, but seem to be connected with electromagnetic forces or stresses emanating from the sea itself.  According to reports, these forceshave even, on occasion, affected the minds of persons passing through the area, causing them to see visions or to change their actions, resulting in danger or death to themselves or others.
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2007, 12:17:47 pm »

C. Berlitz                                                                                                  continued

A recent theory suggests an unusual explanation for the disappearances of planes and ships in the Bermuda Triangle: sudden leaks or tears within the gas domes on the abyssal plains and continental shelves within the Triangle, where near-freezing
sediments containing gas in the form of hydrate layers cause great clouds of hydrocarbon gas in the form of hydrate layers, cause great clouds of hydrocarbon
gas to pour out of the tear. When this gas comes to the surface, it turns to bubbles and froth, lessening the concentration of the water and causing surface ships to subside into it and sink.  Planes, if traveling at low altitudes, would encounter sudden gaseous whiteouts that interfere with the motor and the plane's operation and cause the pilot to lose his sense of orientation.This theory, encompassing as it does, the mystery of disappearing ships and low-flying planes, also emphasizes the
constant changes and stresses of the seafloor, which may have caused or been the result of the catastrophe that overwhelmed Atlantis.  One might speculate that the reason for the disappearance of Atlantis might eventually be found in the abysses, trenches and continental slopes of the ocean floor within the Bermuda Triangle.

It has been further theorized by some investigators, that a tremendous magnetic bolide that hit the Earth in past millennia, may still lie under the bottom of the Bermuda Triangle and be the cause of magnetic and communication aberrations. 
Egerton Sykes, the noted British Atlantologist, suggests that such a giant asteroid falling into the sea may be recognized in the records and legends of races on both sides of the Atlantic, especially by the Maya, the ones closest to it, who alluded to a like catastrophe in the POPUL VUH.  Sykes observes: "You don't get this type of collision very frequently.  But it has, nevertheless, often happened in the past.  Perhaps the Bermuda Triangle should be called the Bermuda Crater.  A massive meteor, driven ten or twelve miles into the surface of the Earth, might, over the years, be causing the aberrations."
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2007, 12:44:26 pm »

C. Berlitz                                                                                               continued

There exist legends of extraordinary powers and magic (or technology) developed
by former civilizations that ancient and primitive tribes, and a few modern historians,
believe existed before history.  The Hopi, the Maya and other Amerindian peoples tell of aerial warfare, the destruction of huge cities by explosions, sinking continents
and renewal of civilized life after catastrophes.  Books of ancient India, transcribed
from remembered legends, handed down through thousands of years, describe rockets and the destruction of whole armies in one brilliant cosmic flash, in terms which, after 1945, are perfectly comprehensible to the modern reader. 

In the psychic field, Edgar Cayce, the "Sleeping Prophet", refers in his trance-readings to the use and misuse of great energy sources by the ancient Atlanteans.  In the course of his readings of the past lives and experiences of subject individuals, Cayce told of the development, in Atlantis, of crystals as a source of power and destruction.  He described in easily understandable, nonscientific language, the workings of laser and maser - the enormous energy of discipined
light - many years before laser became an actuality or even an expressed theory.

From this background of historical legend and as yet unexplained psychic phenomena, a theory has been advanced which suggests that the unusual occur-
rences in the Bermuda Triangle may be caused by ancient power sources, preserved within pyramids or other construction, which are still partially functioning with sufficient electromagnetic or other energy force spasmodically to interfere with ships and aircraft passing over their emplacements, thousands of years later in time. 

Controlled magnetic measurements over the area and undersea exploration, espe-
cially of the depths of the Bahama Banks, could perhaps establish whether or not modern surface craft and aircraft are still being influenced by scientific artifacts of a lost prior civilization, from a time when we believe that science, as we know it, was
nonexistent.

But, as our own scientific technology has developed, we have been able to examine unexplored parts of the Earth from space as well as from the air, to probe and chart
the world's oceans and seas by improved deep-sea photography and sidescan sonar and DSRVs (deep submerged research vessels.)  Through a series of dating techniques, we can now determine, with reasonable aaccuracy, the age of artifacts as well as arrive at a better understanding of their probable use - often previously misunderstood. 

As we stand at the edge of cosmic exploration, somewhat bemused by our own technological potential for self-destruction, we are also beginning to reassess the exent and development of a previous civilization on an earlier Earth, where the land and water area was considerably different from the one on which we now live.

ATLANTIS
The Eighth Continent

Charles Berlitz

Fawcett Crest,
New York, 1984
Report Spam   Logged

Greg Little

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2007, 04:41:45 pm »

In April and May of this year (2007), we identified and obtained GPS coordinates on about 20 underwater formations noted by Berlitz (on the Great Bahama Bank), including several of the most famous ones he had photos of in his books. We then went to all of them (except one) on a boat and identified them. Three are stone formations. One is remains of an old wooden boat. One is a plane, upside down. Others are formed from dumping of bombs, cannisters, appliances, tires, and formations of coral/grass, which are interesting in many ways. We have identified 3 planes that probably link to Bermuda Triangle disappearances; the boat is unidentifiable, at least without extensive excavation.

We did find one definite stone wall in shallow water off a small island. It was made from huge blocks of cut stone. The island has the remains of two small stone dams on it, nothing else.

We'll issue a report on these finds after the next project, in 2 weeks. The report should appear in July.

Greg Little
Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 05:38:11 pm »

Thank you, Mr. Little.  Your comments and expedition reports are greatly appreciated.

We are looking forward to your next account.

They are forecasting a not too good hurricane season for here in Florida and the Gulf
States.  You are aware how fast conditions change in the Ocean.  So, You and your
wife and others, please take care.

My prayers and others' are with you. 

Love and Peace,
B
Report Spam   Logged

Desiree
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 10:14:07 pm »

In April and May of this year (2007), we identified and obtained GPS coordinates on about 20 underwater formations noted by Berlitz (on the Great Bahama Bank), including several of the most famous ones he had photos of in his books. We then went to all of them (except one) on a boat and identified them. Three are stone formations. One is remains of an old wooden boat. One is a plane, upside down. Others are formed from dumping of bombs, cannisters, appliances, tires, and formations of coral/grass, which are interesting in many ways. We have identified 3 planes that probably link to Bermuda Triangle disappearances; the boat is unidentifiable, at least without extensive excavation.

We did find one definite stone wall in shallow water off a small island. It was made from huge blocks of cut stone. The island has the remains of two small stone dams on it, nothing else.

We'll issue a report on these finds after the next project, in 2 weeks. The report should appear in July.

Greg Little

Hi Greg! 

So how did you go about finding the coordinates of the formations in Berlitz's books, did he leave notes of where these findings were with someone after he died?

By saying they are all "stone formations," I take that to mean they are all natural?

Berlitz' book is also the lone Atlantis book (to my knowledge) that mentions the Russian findings at the Ampere Seamounts.  The book even claims to show pictures of lava encrusted steps and walls.  Even though I know you and the A.R.E. never investigated the Ampere Seamounts, do you know anything more about what the Russians found over there?

Desiree
Report Spam   Logged

This power came forth out of the Atlantic Ocean. But afterwards there occurred violent earthquakes and floods; and in a single day and night of misfortune all your warlike men in a body sank into the earth, and the island of Atlantis in like manner disappeared in the depths of the sea.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: