Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 06:54:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

CHARLES BERLITZ - Underwater Ruins Found in The Bermuda Triangle

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHARLES BERLITZ - Underwater Ruins Found in The Bermuda Triangle  (Read 5423 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: March 13, 2007, 10:22:42 am »

C. Berlitz                                                                                                continued

A diving experience in Bahama water, related by Dr. Ray Brown, a diver and lecturer
of Mesa, Arizona, indicates how the sea bottom can change as a result of a violent storm.  Within the Bermuda Triangle such a storm can sometimes uncover ruins for a short time, only before they are buried again under the seafloor. 

Dr. Brown, who was familiar with the Berry Islands of the Bahamas, where he had
previously searched for Spanish treasure galleons, returned there in 1970.  He detailed his experience in an interview with the author.

"When we returned to where we had been before, looking for the sunken galleons, a violent squall came up.  We had to hang on to mangroves on the island, it was so violent.  Six-to-eight-foot waves broke over us and we lost most of our equipment. 

In the morning we saw that our compasses were spinning and our magnometers were not giving readings.  We took off northeast from the island.  It was murky, but suddenly we could see outlines of buildings under the water.  It seemed to be a large exposed area of an underwater city.  We were five divers and we all jumped in and dove down, looking for anything we could find.

As we swam on, the water became clearer.  I was close to the bottom at 135 feet and was trying to keep up with the diver ahead of me.  I turned to look toward the sun through the murky waters and saw a pyramid shape shining like a mirror.  About thirty-five to forty feet from the top was an opening.  I was reluctant to go inside....but I swam in anyway.  The opening was like a shaft debouching into an inner room.  I saw somthing shining.  It was a crystal, held by two metallic hands.  I had on my gloves and I tried to loosen it.  It became loose.  As soon as I grabbed it, I felt this was the time to get out and not come back.

I'm not the only person who has seen these ruins - others have seen them from the air and say they are five miles wide and more than that in length."

Reports from the other divers who were with Dr. Brown at the time are unavailable since three of them have died or disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle while diving.  Dr. Brown still has the crystal, which he sometimes shows to lecture audiences.   Inside the round crystal can be seen a series of pyramidial forms.  When one holds the crystal, a throbbing sensation is felt in the hand of the holder, whether by auto-suggestion or some quality inherent in the object.

Dr. Brown does not express an opinion as to the identity of the place that he visited except to say that it was an underwater pyramid surrounded by ruined buildings.  He believes that the pyramid and the other buildings extended farther
down under the seafloor, with only the upper portions visible.  Brown does not reveal the coordinates of the pyramid, which, if located near the Berry Islands, is definitely not the one searched for by the  Ari Marshall expedition.  Divers and captains of small craft who have seen underwater ruins are understandably chary of facilitatingdirections to their finds.  This applies equally to locations of treasure ships, where rival diving groups have engaged in underwater combat with one another in the best James Bond tradition.

If the pyramid has not sunk under the seafloor again, it should be able to be seen from the air under optimum visibility conditions, as the top would be about forty-five feet from the surface.  While future divers could probably not count on retrieving crystals from interior passageways, the reward for finding such an archtectural artifact as the pyramid should be sufficient.
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: