Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 04:17:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

CHARLES BERLITZ - Underwater Ruins Found in The Bermuda Triangle

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CHARLES BERLITZ - Underwater Ruins Found in The Bermuda Triangle  (Read 5356 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« on: March 13, 2007, 09:50:32 am »

C. Berlitz                                                                                           continued

More exact measurements of the ocean floor will eventually establish whether these mounds are seamounts or man-made pyramids.  Several years ago a U.S. submarine
suddenly struck an underwater hazard at a point near this pyramid area although there was no seamount or large wreck indicated on the charts.  No damage was done, as the submarine was equipped for Arctic ice breaking and, after its encounter with what may have been a 12,000-year-old monument, it continued on its way.

Sightings of underwater pyramids have sometimes come from individuals who have flown over or otherwise visited certain areas of the Bermuda Triangle at the time of unusually turbulent sea action.  Such turbulence may come from underwater surges, seaquakes, localized hurricanes (minicanes), scouring of the bottom cover by storm action or tidal changes caused by seiche waves that may have originated far away and that suddenly draw water away from the land and then crest near the islands, or by other occurrences endemic to the Triangle that we do not yet understand.

One change in water level that uncovered a surprising view of the bottom was en-
countered by Ed Wildon (once a mayoral candidate for Orlando, Florida) on June 7, 1948.  He was piloting an open Waco with a Continental engine, equipped for twelve-hour flight, engaged in shallow-bottom treasure hunting by air:

"I was about 45 miles northeast of Miami and flying at about 250 feet above sea level when a hissing, smashing updraft hit me.  It bounced the plane about 1000
feet upward.  Now I have been in updrafts and downdrafts, but nothing like this.  After I got back to more or less normal, I noticed that the water had become bright and silvery.  I noticed something big under the water and thought it was a wrecked ship.  It was not far from the surface.  Something was causing the water to rush past it at a fast rate.  It curled around it and made a deep channel.  The ocean seemed to be opening up.  I was now flying low in a sort of trough in the
water with both sides of it along the wingtips.

I suddenly realized that what I was looking at was not a ship at all, but seemed to be a huge building that looked like a mountain.  I was down at about fifty feet from the surface and could see it in the water.  I circled around it for about a minute and a half.  I could even see barnacles on it and water running past the top of it.  At my point of angle and from my position I could clearly see it was a monstruous building.  The sun was radiating in such a way that in its rays I could see this huge building, clearly visible down under the water.   I thought I saw other buildings around it but I could not see them well.  The one I was looking at must have been 100 to 250 feet high, according to the patter I could get.

I started to time myself on the leg out to get readings of the location when out of this blue clear day another strange incident occurred:  all my magnetics had gone to zero.  Then a strange hue occured all around me.  At about 600 feet above water in the air that bright crimson hue simply baffled me.

That 240 H.P. Continental began to be the most crazily running engine I have ever had the experience to feel.  It became motionless no matter what I did with the throttle and pumps.  It glided and floated smoothly for at least two miles.  Then the engine simply started itself.  I could not dive because I was already on top of the water.  Then I realized that some force was pulling toward a westerly direction.

Now, after all this I finally got back to the airport with my Bendix blasting hell out of everybody but not one single band would respond.  After landing and getting inspection of Radio Communication and units, every last unit was blown, shorted out by some high frequency electronic shock, or mysterious high voltage in the air.  They said I might have run through a magnetic belt or something.

Over the past years I have been back many times, but I could never sight it again.  A lot of damned Miamians made furn of my story.  But I know I am right.  You have hit with the sonar instruments the very object I talked about in exactly the same area."
Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: