Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 01:55:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: THE SEARCH FOR ATLANTIS IN CUBA
A Report by Andrew Collins
http://www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/atlantiscuba.htm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Personal stories & experiences

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal stories & experiences  (Read 2413 times)
Majeston

« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 06:49:09 pm »

The Gift Of Revelation

rick warren

It is utterly humbling to think of the dimensions of the revelation that has been dropped into my lap. If all books were to be weighed according to their significance, then the Urantia Book would command such gravity as an equally sized chunk of black hole.

When I first began reading there was excitement at having found the truth. Truth is a living breathing entity and The Urantia Book is a statement about truth, taken in snapshot fashion and reported by beings with a partial grasp of reality, that was modified by the time and location of its appearance. But, to me, it is the Truth by Urantian (Earthly) standards.

As my reading continues, the word picture which the revelation describes develops in my mind and the accumulating data creates a shift in me. Without knowing exactly when it occurs, the shift causes the newly perceived description to fill the vacuums in my mind, but it doesn't stop there, the fulfillment overtakes the background and the foreground of perception. This is all, of course, at my urging, my continual reach for more light, more longing to touch the hem of God's cloak.

And in all this desire for growth, the Urantia revelation becomes a bottomless well of spiritual sustenance. What will it be today, the beefy renderings in the middle of the book, the juicy cuttings about Paradise in the first course or the sweet dessert of Jesus' teachings at the end?
Surely the revelators (those who sponsored this revelation) are not without regard for appreciation and it is with a greatly humbled heart and grateful soul that I thank them for the Fifth Epochal Revelation and express my nameless gratitude for letting me in on the true nature of God, the purpose of life and the knowledge that helps me understand the reason evil exists in an otherwise good Universe.

My life's path began to change from the moment I picked up the revelation. It is fairly easy to surmise where I would be if I had not found the book. And that possible existence is better left unknown when compared to the forward looking, excitement filled, ever unfolding universe career that I am living in the eternity that the Father has fashioned out of nothing.

Thanks to all who brought the living water to Urantia, it tastes good.

Report Spam   Logged

"melody has power a whole world to transform."
Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits.
Harmony is the speech of Havona.

http://mercy.urantia.org/papers/paper44.html
Majeston

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 08:51:07 pm »

A Blessing In A World Gone Mad

I am a twenty seven year old black South African. I am the youngest in a family of six (five brothers and one sister). I was raised in a quiet, religious and political family home, which was reasonably comfortable, in the only way families could be during apartheid in a black township.

However, my family home life was never a bed of roses. As the youngest member of the family I have had my own share of hardship and sorrow. Circumstances had from an early age forced me to grow up too quickly; misguided and confused. I have made mistakes…sometimes very serious mistakes in my life. But I am glad and grateful that God has given me a chance to become a better person before I go to the grave. If there is anything positive about me today, it is all credit to God, no doubt!

I am very concerned about the spiritual and political understandings of my own people too. I am also very attentive to what is happening in the world. The Urantia Book, in my opinion, is a blessing in a world gone mad. It casts a light into the darkness and explains many strange, political, religious and social events. I really appreciate the straight-forward and technical approach it uses to get the truth across.

In my personal research into our worldwide situations, I understand many of the book’s conclusions. However, I do not have the knowledge or expertise necessary to understand all of its science, but the spiritual chapters are truly convincing. I’ve always believed that all that the Bible says is true and sacred.

Thanks to The Urantia Book my interest in searching out the truth has been taken to a new level.
Report Spam   Logged

Majeston

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2007, 08:34:46 pm »

I first had the UB in my hands in the early to mid ’70s. But it seemed so ridiculous to me that I could not even begin to read it. But I was constantly being drawn back to it. I have bought and thrown away more copies of this book, so many in fact, that I’m personality responsible for destroying an entire trees worth of paper.

But somehow in the mind ’80s I finally found an entrance into the book, I simply began by reading Part IV. While I was raised a Roman Catholic I really wasn’t into Jesus Christ very much and it took me pretty much of 3 full years to read it. You see there was always a new trend going on, that I just had to read the latest and greatest fad. So I put the UB back on the bookshelf and dove into reading whatever the latest fad was. Occasionally I would return to reading Part IV, but soon it would go back to the bookshelf.

As I got further and further into Part IV I began to realize that Christ was the creator of our world, not God. Anyway I actually read the UB backwards beginning with Part IV than III, II and I. I never could really understand the Foreword very much; I looked at it like a necessary nuisance. But I reread the book the right way, from Part 1 though Part IV, actually twice I think.

By the early ‘90s I found my self spending more time with the UB than I did at work. Somewhere around this time I happened upon the Bill Sadler material, especially his explanation of the Foreword. By the time we reached the mid ‘90s I actually quit my job so I could dedicate my life to the UB. (And for anyone who wants to know, no I’m far, far from wealthy.)

I have spent most of my time on the Foreword, Part I, and Part II. I personally feel that Part III is simply history, though I know better. And I have read Part IV every year beginning at Easter time.
Report Spam   Logged

Aristotle
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007, 11:21:25 am »

Is that last post your personal experience with the Urantia Book, Majeston?
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
Majeston

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2007, 02:29:12 pm »

Ari,
of all the people here you are about the last I tought I would see stopping by.

sorry to disappoint you my friend,  but it's not,  even though there are some similarities.

Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Aristotle
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 04:09:58 pm »

Majeston, would you care to offer your own version of why you were drawn to the book?  I suppose I can understand if the story too personal.
Report Spam   Logged

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle
Majeston

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2007, 07:07:04 pm »

Have you ever looked at Urantia Book?             

Well said. You are a wise man. Yes, all of The Urantia Book is valid and accurate. The problem is that there is too much information given. This information in the other three sections is information that I do not need to have to love God, love myself, love my neighbor and love my enemy. Remember the movie, The Man Who Knew Too Much. This is the problem with having too much information, knowledge, wisdom, and understanding. If we are not anchored in being a servant for Jesus, we can take this information and use is for power and control. I watched a man read the Urantia Book and go insane because he had too much information. Power corrupts. This is the danger contained within The Urantia Book. So now you know the rest of the story as Paul Harvey would say. Thank you for your insight. So if The Urantia Book is the scroll that Danial was told to keep sealed until the times of the end, what do we do about it? Have a good Friday.
http://www.studybibleforum.com/spages/Movie.htm

LOL

Grin
 Huh
 Tongue

Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Cheesy Grin Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: