Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 01:45:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Secrets of ocean birth laid bare 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/5191384.stm#graphic

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Personal stories & experiences

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Personal stories & experiences  (Read 2339 times)
Majeston

« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2007, 08:34:46 pm »

I first had the UB in my hands in the early to mid ’70s. But it seemed so ridiculous to me that I could not even begin to read it. But I was constantly being drawn back to it. I have bought and thrown away more copies of this book, so many in fact, that I’m personality responsible for destroying an entire trees worth of paper.

But somehow in the mind ’80s I finally found an entrance into the book, I simply began by reading Part IV. While I was raised a Roman Catholic I really wasn’t into Jesus Christ very much and it took me pretty much of 3 full years to read it. You see there was always a new trend going on, that I just had to read the latest and greatest fad. So I put the UB back on the bookshelf and dove into reading whatever the latest fad was. Occasionally I would return to reading Part IV, but soon it would go back to the bookshelf.

As I got further and further into Part IV I began to realize that Christ was the creator of our world, not God. Anyway I actually read the UB backwards beginning with Part IV than III, II and I. I never could really understand the Foreword very much; I looked at it like a necessary nuisance. But I reread the book the right way, from Part 1 though Part IV, actually twice I think.

By the early ‘90s I found my self spending more time with the UB than I did at work. Somewhere around this time I happened upon the Bill Sadler material, especially his explanation of the Foreword. By the time we reached the mid ‘90s I actually quit my job so I could dedicate my life to the UB. (And for anyone who wants to know, no I’m far, far from wealthy.)

I have spent most of my time on the Foreword, Part I, and Part II. I personally feel that Part III is simply history, though I know better. And I have read Part IV every year beginning at Easter time.
Report Spam   Logged

"melody has power a whole world to transform."
Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits.
Harmony is the speech of Havona.

http://mercy.urantia.org/papers/paper44.html
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: