Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 10:17:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Underwater caves off Yucatan yield three old skeletons—remains date to 11,000 B.C.
http://www.edgarcayce.org/am/11,000b.c.yucata.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

More music for Led Zeppelin after reunion?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More music for Led Zeppelin after reunion?  (Read 135 times)
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« on: December 06, 2007, 01:16:25 pm »

More music for Led Zeppelin after reunion?

Story Highlights
Led Zeppelin reuniting for December 10 concert

Members of the band appear open for more afterwards

Guitarist Jimmy Page says he's got some songs he could do with the band

LONDON, England (AP) -- Will Led Zeppelin's long-awaited reunion lead to more concerts?

Led Zeppelin with late drummer John Bonham's children in 1995. The group is reuniting for a Dec. 10 concert.

Guitarist Jimmy Page, singer Robert Plant and bass player John Paul Jones will perform Monday at London's 02 Arena, a benefit tribute to Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun, who died last year.

It will be the rock band's first concert in almost two decades.

"I must say that after our initial get-together it was so exhilarating and fun that I did feel I would like to do more," Q music magazine quoted Page, 63, as saying.

"I've got things I've been working on for the past four years that I'm proud of," he says. "Some of the songs I've got ready are as good as anything I've done in the past. I wouldn't necessarily save them for my solo career."

Jones, 61, tells both Q and Rolling Stone magazine that he has no idea whether more concerts will follow.

"I guess the door has been left slightly ajar," he tells Q. "We'll have to see how we feel about it afterwards."

Plant, 59, tells Rolling Stone magazine in its December 13 issue: "If people don't talk about a tour, anything is likely. The more people talk, the more pressure it puts on everybody."

And if there is no more Led Zeppelin after Monday's show, "That's fine," he says, "because we will do it with a good heart."

Led Zeppelin split up in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham. They will be joined at Monday's concert by Bonham's son Jason. E-mail to a friend

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/06/people.ledzeppelin.ap/index.html
Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mark of Australia

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2007, 01:55:30 pm »

Hi Adrienne ,

I saw a little bit of footage of that performance... And I'm sad to say that it sounded very mediocre. But that's to be expected. they aren't exactly spring chickens and there's obviously no John on the drums .. the main weakness I would say is that Robert's voice is clearly not what it once was..   Cry

Led Zep are one of my all time favourite bands ,so influential for me ....Maybe they were doing it for old-times sake... Just to reminisce..fair enough. 

Report Spam   Logged
Adrienne
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 04:30:44 pm »

Hi Mark

I haven't seen the footage still, but the way you described it makes it sound kinf of sad.  Funny because I did hear some reviews that were just wild about it!  I guess any Led Zep is better than no Led Zep.

They were awesome, one of the best concert bands in their prime.
Report Spam   Logged

"In a monarchy, the king is law, in a democracy, the law is king."
-Thomas Paine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: