Atlantis Online
April 20, 2024, 10:52:16 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Giza Building Project

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Giza Building Project  (Read 11288 times)
Catastrophe

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2007, 04:08:31 am »

Merlin wrote:

So - they destroy limestone blocks to make limestone... blocks. How unique.

Good point. Not to mention mixing with similar amounts of other ingredients including water and these have to be transported. The concrete 'method' requires much more work

Also the suggested chemistry requires carbon dioxide - was this produced by millions of slaves exhaling into goat skins?

Saying there is carbon dioxide in the atmosphere is like saying the oceans react to form hydrogen peroxide because there is oxygen in the atmosphere. 
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2007, 10:45:20 am »

Hi Cat
Just came from the other forum where I posed two questions.  How long do you think copper tools would last in cutting rock?  Not long.
How did they lift the blocks from the quarry?  Once they are cut, they have to be lifted onto something to cart them away.  MAYBE they dug underneath the first block, and put rollers underneath, but I doubt it.  What wood in Egypt is strong enough to hold that tonnage, without sinking into the sand?  Say they did get the block away from the rock face.  What wood is strong enough to roll that tonnage on without breaking up?  Then - how do they remove the next upper layers?
You say it's more work to pour cement.  It's easier to carry a bucket than to try to roll those blocks.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Catastrophe

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 12:36:32 pm »

With respect, I suggest you read my posts on alternatives.

You say it's more work to pour cement.  It's easier to carry a bucket than to try to roll those blocks.

BUT how many more 'buckets'?

And how long does it take for the 'concrete' to set.

That scenario would have taken hundreds of years.

But, hey, who cares about truth and possibility when you can ignore facts and just ask 'what if' as in what if pigs fly?

I prefer common sense and facts over superstition and ignorance.

Just my opinion.

Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 02:50:30 pm »

The concrete would set quickly in that heat.  I'm afraid I don't know what your theory is, so I'm not sure what common sense you're talking about. 
Copying from my other post:

In a previous post there is a link to a picture showing blocks cut on a slanted bank. Ok - so we have the cuts made. How did the blocks get lifted from there? MAYBE the ground level blocks could be tunneled under, and MAYBE rollers of wood could have been put underneath. What wood is in Egypt that could hold that tonnage without sinking into the sand first of all, and then what wood is strong enough to have that weight pulled over it for miles and not break up? The logs can't roll in the sand, the weight would make them "push" sand, therefore, there would have had to be a solid base underneath for the logs to sit on. Ok - so MAYBE we get the first block out that way. How do we get the next row? And the top row? What could they possibly use to pry the next highest block up to get anything under it? Even if they could somehow manage that feat, how did they get the next highest block off the rock face? They couldn't tip it over, they couldn't pry it up. Sure - they could build a ramp out of sand, wet the sand, pack it, and then try to slide the block down the ramp. But again, how did they move it away from the rock face to get it onto this ramp and what could hold the weight of the thing so that when it slid down and hit the sand at the bottom, it wouldn't do a nose dive into the sand, and they had to dig it all out again. You don't think that takes much work? Not logical.

Then - what was used to raise these megaton blocks to the higher levels? Pulleys weren't invented, and even if they were, what would they have made a pulley out of that could lift such a weight? They could not have used wooden poles and ropes because A) where would they get wood strong enough, and B) where would they get rope strong enough? Even if they did say, somehow get "logs" under the thing, how did they pull it? They didn't have wire cables. Hemp rope would not be strong enough and how would the rope be attached? Even oxen have to be attached to the block with a harness of some kind. But the lifting of the blocks is the biggie. First from the quarry, and second to great heights when they arrived at the other end.
Using simple common sense says that it wasn't done that way.
I asked this question somewhere else: Do you think that the builders of the Great Pyramid did this in secret? Didn't want anyone to know how they did it? Not. They did it in broad daylight in a way they assumed was just ordinary. They probably never dreampt there would be such a big controversy over it all these years later. So logically, if it's just an everyday type of job, that didn't seem unusual to the masses of people, it had to be an ordinary, common way of doing it. Pouring cement. If it was built by masses of slaves and took years and years, why wasn't it written up somewhere in the history of the pyramid itself? They wrote everything else down in there. Where's the glyph showing a picture of it? If it was "magic" they would have written about that too, and we wouldn't be here trying to figure it out. It wasn't written about because it wasn't deemed important other than say mentioning how many slaves it took. Therefore, it must have been a fairly common sight, to see people mixing the cement and pouring blocks. This of course, was not for the commoners - and it would take a great workforce even so, therefore, houses would be made of the simpler brick. Mud and straw type brick. Since they already knew about making bricks, they wouldn't think it wierd that the ruler wanted BIGGER "bricks". It was expected in fact. Everything was for Pharoah so he could become a God again.
For example - today we can have all different kinds of countertops for our kitchen. We KNOW there are different types of countertops, and we know there are industries making these countertops. Is that unusual? No. BUT - since I can't afford a marble slab for a countertop, I buy arborite or something, and 100 years from now, people will be be wondering what the hell is arborite? Same principle.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 03:58:44 pm »

I just talked with a friend in the concrete construction business, and asked him how long it would take to pour and set a 20,000 ton block of cement.  He said 7 days.  To make it cure faster, they use hot water when mixing.  Since we don't know absolutely, exactly the combination they used to make their cement, we can only assume it was fairly fast setting.  The heat would definitely be a bonus in that regard.  Another thing hard to explain is that the blocks are so close together, a piece of paper won't fit in between them.  How did they maneuvre those blocks so perfectly?  Especially on the higher levels?
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2007, 04:01:00 pm »

It is my understanding that the casing stones have been identified as Tura limestone, not poured concrete.  The limestone used for the interior of the Great Pyramid is of an inferior quality found at Giza, but also quarried.
Report Spam   Logged
Catastrophe

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2007, 04:14:15 pm »

I have proved conclusively that the concrete theory does not 'hold water'.

There are fatal logical weaknesses.

I believe most people do not want to waste their lives on such flawed ideas.

Sadly some may remain.

Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2007, 05:53:58 pm »

I wasn't talking about casing stones - I was talking those huge building blocks, and you didn't answer the questions as to how all this was done with cave-man equipment.  I don't know that you've PROVED anything.  The capstone itself had to be a feat of major undertaking.

Personally, maybe to you SADLY, I do believe an advanced race built the pyramids all over the world.  They were in a grid pattern and were used as a power collector.  I've said it in another forum and I'll say it again - thank goodness I'm not a scientist that has to be confined by antiquated rigid parameters, and can apply logic and common sense to things to develop an understanding on my own.  Whether anyone agrees with me or not, is not a priority.  Although I am finding that there are others out there who have come to the same conclusions I have and some of them are pretty well educated and rather clever.  I do believe some advanced race was here back in the mists of time, that were far advanced from us today.  They either wiped each other out, or had to leave this planet or whatever, but they were here, built huge structures, and civilization has deteriorated from that time until just after the "dark ages" when people started to invent things, study things, build things, etc.
With the advent of electricity, things have really been moving along!  Anyway, I've put little pieces together over the years for my own enjoyment and recently a couple more little pieces came together for me.

Perhaps you have read of Kesler's work with a new power source he had discovered, but never built it for fear that man-kind would kill each other off with it?  In AR, there was a discussion about a "map" that was unearthed (a mosaic) of an ancient city.  It's a picture really, showing a bit of the town, surrounded by walls, and with several different types of towers along the perimeter.  One set of towers on the right hand side at the back of the picture reminded me of a couple of other things I'd come across.  It had to do with a theory I was working on regarding the Ark of the Covenant which I had figured must be an electric capacitor plus communications device.  This capacitor may have been housed in the Great Pyramid and Moses stole it.  He - being raised by the Royal Family, having access to the knowledge of how to run the thing.  No commoners were allowed to know these secrets.

Some time ago I read a story and here is a part of it:

On one occasion a short time after the chapter dealing with the transmission of Electro-magnetic energy by wireless was received, I was shown two immense towers on the planet which are used for the purpose of distributing power throughout the planet. The two towers were very close together, probably 100 yards apart and 100 feet high. They resembled two immense round smoke-stacks, such as are common in our factory districts. The tops of the towers were surmounted by oval caps, transparent as if made from glass, and protected by a system of grill work. While I was intently observing the towers there occurred a blinding flash of light simultaneously from the two oval caps. The surrounding country was covered with high trees, and it was impossible for me to observe the base of the two structures

Here is a picture from somewhere else - obviously someone else has been thinking along the same lines as I have:

Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2007, 06:18:16 pm »

Here is the original mosaic before an artist did a reproduction of it.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2007, 06:22:20 pm »

Closer view of mosaic.  Don't know if you can make out the two towers in the right background with the "domed" tops that look different from the other towers.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2007, 07:09:03 pm »

If you in the thread Plato's Atlantis My Theory, I posted the upgraded Artist's rendition of the mosaic.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Catastrophe

« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2007, 11:13:44 pm »

cave-man equipment

If you think the AEs were cave men you don't know much about them.

When ignorance is bliss ...
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2007, 11:43:00 pm »

It's not me saying the pyramids were built with copper tools, and you sound like you're in a rut like Georgeos Smiley
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Catastrophe

« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2007, 01:32:50 am »

I am steadfast in sticking to the facts.

I have proved over and over that the pyramids were not made of moulded concrete.

Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2007, 09:53:13 am »

Ok - I'll take your word for it, but you still haven't given me the name of any books to read.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: