Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 04:36:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ice Age blast 'ravaged America'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/6676461.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Giza Building Project

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Giza Building Project  (Read 10713 times)
Ian Nottingham
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 04:33:17 am »

Hi Peter, it looks like it is a north-south trending wall that runs close to the north east corner of Khentkawes, it isn't the Khentkawes itself, all hewn from the bedrock.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.  Any upcoming trips planned back to Egypt in the months ahead?

Ian
Report Spam   Logged
HereForNow
Superhero Member

HUH?

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 10:42:08 pm »

Now here is a collection of some old faces..........

Howdy friends.
Report Spam   Logged

Mark of Australia

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2007, 04:47:59 pm »

Here is a recent article about Zahi Hawass and his plans to open the 'other' secret door in the Great Pyramid .

Pyramid's Secret Doors to Be Opened
Rossella Lorenzi, Discovery News

Digg This! Del.icio.us

March 20, 2007 — Doors will soon open to reveal one of the mysteries of the Great Pyramid in Giza, Dr. Zahi Hawass, chief of Egypt's Supreme Council of Antiquities, told Discovery News in an exclusive interview.
Hawass, one of the world's leading Egyptologists, said he will show what lies behind secret doors inside the 4,500-year-old pharaonic mausoleum by the end of this year.

"Finally, people all over the world will know what is behind the second door in the southern shaft and the third door in the northern shaft," Hawass said.

Built in 2550 B.C. for the pharaoh Cheops, also known as Khufu, the Great Pyramid is the largest of a family of three pyramids on the Giza plateau, on the outskirts of Cairo.

The last remaining wonder of the ancient world has lost little of its original height of 481 feet, and contains 3.4 million cubic yards of material. Its base covers an area of 13.1 acres, which could accommodate the cathedrals of Florence, Milan, London's St. Paul's and Rome's St. Peter's and still have plenty of space.

The monument has long been rumored to have hidden passageways leading to secret chambers, and archaeologists have puzzled over the meaning of four narrow shafts deep inside the pyramid since they were first discovered in 1872.

Two shafts, extend from the upper, or "Kings Chamber" exit into open air. But the lower two, one on the south side and one on the north side in the so-called "Queen's Chamber" disappear within, deepening the pyramid mystery.

Widely believed to be ritual passageways for the dead pharaoh's soul to reach the afterlife, these 8-inch square shafts remained unexplored until 1993, when German engineer Rudolf Gantenbrink sent a robot through the southern shaft.

After a steady climb of 213 feet from the heart of the pyramid, the robot had to stop in front of a mysterious limestone slab adorned with two copper handles.

Nine years later, Hawass performed an investigation of the southern shaft on live television. As the world held its breath, a tomb-raiding robot pushed a camera through a hole drilled in the copper handled door — only to reveal another door.

The following day, Hawass sent the robot through the northern shaft. After crawling for 213 feet and several sharp bends, the robot came to an abrupt halt in front of another limestone slab.

As with the Gantenbrink door, the stone was adorned with two copper handles.
"I dedicated my whole life to study the secrets of the Great Pyramid and I must say that these doors create many exciting questions. It is intriguing that the door in the northern shaft and the first door in the southern shaft are equidistant from the queen's chamber.

"Moreover, they are very similar, as they both feature the same copper handles," Hawass said.

Speculation abounds that the shafts might lead to a secret chamber which might contain everything: a cache of papyri, a statue of Pharaoh Khufu, or even his real tomb.

"This month I am going to choose the team that is going to work with me on this project. It will be either from Singapore or Hong Kong," Hawass said.

Hawass did not specify whether inspections into the shafts have already been carried or whether further robotic investigations are necessary.

"I can only say that this year I will reveal the secrets of the Great Pyramid doors," Hawass told Discovery News.

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2007/03/20/hawass_arc.html?category=archaeology&guid=20070320100000

Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 01:31:54 am »

The Great Pyramid was a power plant!!!  From the book The Lost Teachings of Atlantis

Chapter Nineteen
"The Children of the Law of One Basic Meta-Physics of Science-Magic" continued...
<PREVIOUS PAGE
You may know that almost every watch, and many clocks these days have “quartz movements”. The quartz crystals in these are used to do the opposite of the quartz in the lighters. It’s the same stuff, it’s still quartz crystal, but they use it a different way. In this case, instead of using a vibration (strike) to make electricity, they use electricity (a battery) to make the crystal vibrate. The constant vibration of the quartz, due to applying electricity to it, is the basis for measuring off the seconds minutes and hours. Because the quartz vibrates in a consistent manner, they can count how many times it vibrates per whatever time period, and calculate that to keep time.
All of that is pretty amazing really, but crystals can do much more.
In Atlantis, the Sons of Belial used lasers and geothermal type approaches to create energy to feed their power hungry energy demands. As was mentioned earlier, their power plants were instrumental in the terrible destructive Earth changes that destroyed Atlantis. But the Children were more power conservative - it’s not that they had to “do without”, but they found that the vast amounts of power that exists in the Earth’s bio-field, was plenty for all their needs. So they used crystals not only for healing, but for powering their buildings and their vehicles. The last of the Children’s greatest power plants was the “Great Pyramid” in Egypt. (The Great Pyramid was also used for Initiation - more about that in the chapter on the death experience).
Vishnu, who was an expert on both ancient technology and the present state of the world’s technology, explained more to me about the power of the Great Pyramid in Egypt.
“You have probably heard many things about the bible’s legendary ‘Ark of the Covenant’. If you know about electronic components, (which I did since I was a 5 year old little genius electronics freak) and you read even the worldly bible’s description of the Ark, (which I hadn’t) you will realize that this was a giant electric ‘capacitor’. A capacitor is a device, usually found in an electronic circuit, that stores up electricity to a certain level, then releases it in a burst. This is why the Ark had the reputation that if you touched it or got too close to it you would get zapped by a lightning bolt from God. The size of the Ark as a capacitor, held a charge big enough to make a bolt that would easily kill anyone who got near it - and would kill many people.”

“When I was a child I opened the back of our TV. There was a label on one area that said ‘Warning! High Voltage! Do not Touch!’ To me it was an invitation. So what did I do? I touched it, and I got a shock that sent me flying across the room and slammed into a wall! I later found out it was a capacitor. And it was only about the size of a salt shaker. So I can imagine what a huge thing like the Ark would put out - they probably should have called it the ‘Arc’ instead - you know, like an electric arc?”
“Yes... anyway... only David, in his humility, was able to touch the Ark without being killed.”
“Why?”
“Because of his advanced spiritual development, his energy centers, his chakras, were prepared to deal with such power, and the frequency of the electricity. And of course, with the guidance of the hierarchy, and his destiny, the raw power was transformed and channeled in such a way that it only made for a Kundalini experience, a communing with God, and instead of being killed, he came out of it wiser and more powerful.”
“But you said the Ark was a power device in Egypt in the Great Pyramid, why did David have it and what was he doing with it?”
“It was once the power storage device inside the Great Pyramid, yes. And I will get to that in a moment. But first understand what we started to discuss.
The Pyramid had a layered capstone of copper and custom created quartz crystal from Atlantis. The Pyramid would collect energy from the Earth’s bio-field, and focus it in the Ark. The Ark would release regular bursts of a specific frequency of electrical energy that would be transmuted and transmitted from the crystal capstone. All the Children’s buildings and vehicles had receiver crystals tuned to the Pyramid, and would pick up and change the energy back into usable power. We are still using this here today.

Chapter Nineteen
"The Children of the Law of One Basic Meta-Physics of Science-Magic" continued...
<PREVIOUS PAGE
Now as for your question about how David came into possession of it. Read the texts to get the entire story. But basically, during what they called the Exodus - when Moses freed the Jews in Egypt, the Jews went on a sort of freedom celebration rampage as they left, and took all kinds of Egyptian treasures, taking everything they could on their way out of town. This, which has been omitted greatly in the world’s modern bible, was one of the primary things which incited the Pharaoh to pursue them. And one of the things they took from Egypt, from the Great Pyramid, was...”
“The Ark!”
“Yes. Then of course, over time, knowledge of its original use was lost, they did not understand its power, and attributed it to a power of God, which was quite logical to them. It would strike people down who got near or touched it, and this was easily interpreted by some that it must be some sort of temple God lived in, and only the holiest of people were allowed to get so close to God. And in it, they eventually put the pieces of the commandments Moses brought them, that he smashed in his righteous indignation and despair over their unconsciousness and selfishness.”
“Where is it now?”
“We have a version of one the capacitors here as you know, but the one from the Great Pyramid, is located in a small church in Ethiopia.”
“A small church in Ethiopia??”
“Yes, I know it sounds odd, but there is a good reason. It was brought there by a small contingent of Jewish priests because they held it in very high regard as a holy religious item, and were concerned about it being desecrated or destroyed during an impending invasion.”
“But why Ethiopia?”
“It is a long story, but basically it is because of bonds that had been formed there by the coming together of Solomon, and the ‘queen of Sheba’, who was the ruler of what is now called Ethiopia. Just read about it in the texts when you have time.”
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Mark of Australia

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 03:06:57 am »

And this,   ...I had read about the theory that the limestone blocks of the Great Pyramid were made of concrete .Now this recent study seems to show evidence . Very interesting :

The Ancient Egyptians built their great Pyramids by pouring concrete into blocks high on the site rather than hauling up giant stones, according to a new Franco-American study.

The research, by materials scientists from national institutions, adds fuel to a theory that the pharaohs’ craftsmen had enough skill and materials at hand to cast the two-tonne limestone blocks that dress the Cheops and other Pyramids.

Despite mounting support from scientists, Egyptologists have rejected the concrete claim, first made in the late 1970s by Joseph Davidovits, a French chemist.

The stones, say the historians and archeologists, were all carved from nearby quarries, heaved up huge ramps and set in place by armies of workers. Some dissenters say that levers or pulleys were used, even though the wheel had not been invented at that time.

Until recently it was hard for geologists to distinguish between natural limestone and the kind that would have been made by reconstituting liquefied lime.

But according to Professor Gilles Hug, of the French National Aerospace Research Agency (Onera), and Professor Michel Barsoum, of Drexel University in Philadelphia, the covering of the great Pyramids at Giza consists of two types of stone: one from the quarries and one man-made.

“There’s no way around it. The chemistry is well and truly different,” Professor Hug told Science et Vie magazine. Their study is being published this month in the Journal of the American Ceramic Society.

The pair used X-rays, a plasma torch and electron microscopes to compare small fragments from pyramids with stone from the Toura and Maadi quarries.

They found “traces of a rapid chemical reaction which did not allow natural crystalisation . . . The reaction would be inexplicable if the stones were quarried, but perfectly comprehensible if one accepts that they were cast like concrete.”

The pair believe that the concrete method was used only for the stones on the higher levels of the Pyramids. There are some 2.5 million stone blocks on the Cheops Pyramid. The 10-tonne granite blocks at their heart were also natural, they say. The professors agree with the “Davidovits theory” that soft limestone was quarried on the damp south side of the Giza Plateau. This was then dissolved in large, Nile-fed pools until it became a watery slurry.

Lime from fireplace ash and salt were mixed in with it. The water evaporated, leaving a moist, clay-like mixture. This wet “concrete” would have been carried to the site and packed into wooden moulds where it would set hard in a few days. Mr Davidovits and his team at the Geopolymer Institute at Saint-Quentin tested the method recently, producing a large block of concrete limestone in ten days.

New support for their case came from Guy Demortier, a materials scientist at Namur University in Belgium. Originally a sceptic, he told the French magazine that a decade of study had made him a convert: “The three majestic Pyramids of Cheops, Khephren and Mykerinos are well and truly made from concrete stones.”

The concrete theorists also point out differences in density of the pyramid stones, which have a higher mass near the bottom and bubbles near the top, like old-style cement blocks.

Opponents of the theory dispute the scientific evidence. They also say that the diverse shapes of the stones show that moulds were not used. They add that a huge amount of limestone chalk and burnt wood would have been needed to make the concrete, while the Egyptians had the manpower to hoist all the natural stone they wanted.

The concrete theorists say that they will be unable to prove their theory conclusively until the Egyptian authorities give them access to substantial samples.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article656117.ece
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 03:09:24 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 11:20:35 am »

Here is something I found a while ago:
Science in Egyptology - X-Ray Analysis and X-Ray Defraction of Casing Stones from the Pyramids of Egypt and the Limestone of Associated Quarries - by Joseph Davidovits - Institute for Applied Archaeological Sciences, Barry University, Florida

Samples from 6 different sites at the traditionally associated quarries of Turah and Mokattam have been studied using thin-section, Chemical X-Ray analysis and X-Ray defraction. The results were compared with pyramid casing stones of Cheops, Teti, & Seneferu. The quarry samples are pure limestone consisting of 96-99% calcite, 0.5% - 2.5% quartz, and very small amounts of dolomite, gypsum and iron-alumino-silicate.

The Cheops & Teti casing stones are limestone consisting of 85% - 90% calcite, and a high amount of special minerals such as opalCT, hydroxy-apatite a silico-aluminate which are not found at the quarries. The pyramid casing stones are light in density and contain numerous trapped air bubbles, unlike the quarry samples, which are uniformly dense.

One casing stone sample from Cheops was tested, which has a red coating on it. Analysis of the red coating distinguished a tremendously complicated geoploymeric system of crystalline hydroxy apatite and brush-ite. This red coating constitutes the key to the geopolymeric system used. The hydroxy-apatite (a calcium phosphate) in the red coating is a mineral found in bone, and brush-ite (another calcium phosphate) is only associated with organic material. The X-ray pattern of the coating indicates a zeolite (synthetic) and opalCT, as found in the other casing stone samples. This coating is undoubtedly made from a pure man-made geopolymeric binding agent. The synthetic zeolite and the other ingredients found in the red coating are the first proof that such a binder was produced in Egypt 4,700 years ago.

This level of technology is far in advance of the traditional plaster and simple lime cement production which is always associated with the technology of Ancient Egypt.
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

Mark of Australia

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 12:45:48 pm »

Good stuff Qoais

I wonder what the chances of that team getting the pyramid rock samples they want .I wouldn't hold my breath.
Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 03:24:36 pm »

I don't know about the ash from fires, I suppose they could use that too, but lime is calcium oxide, obtained by the action of heat on limestone, shells, and other materials containing calcium carbonate.  I daresay they could have made the "slime" from pulverizing the limestone and heating it.  The blocks may have been poured, and perhaps the blocks were "dressed" to fit their individual locations so it appears they were "worked".  It's always better to make a thing too large, so you can cut it down, but if you make it too small, you're screwed!
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Mark of Australia

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 10:28:57 pm »

Now that I think about it ,it would be much more efficient for the casing blocks to be of concrete. If they used a mould it would guarantee the blocks all had the same face angle with ease. I think it is correct .And it is promising that these scientists do atleast consider it possible for them to have been made out of a limestone concrete. . After the block is put in place they could then polish it up as required.

I am leaning towards this theory
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:31:58 pm by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 11:56:27 pm »

This is a logical answer, and it also allows for sunlight to pour into the pyramid all the while, so the artists could paint the pictures.
Report Spam   Logged

Logic rules.

Mark of Australia

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 12:35:00 am »

That may be possible for the later 6th dynasty pyramids with their painted pyramid texts ,but the Giza complex had no known paintings within the pyramids. I've read that they believe the casing blocks of the Great Pyramid were layed starting at the apex and working down to the base . Makes sense .
Report Spam   Logged
Catastrophe

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 02:48:20 am »

I've read that they believe the casing blocks of the Great Pyramid were layed starting at the apex and working down to the base

Wow! What a fantastic dawning of truth! I must go spread the good tidings around all the other MBs I can find!

Just to exchange good news: I've read that they believe the GP was poured concrete into a gigantic pyramid shaped mould and they later scored groves into it to make it look like it was made from blocks!

Report Spam   Logged
Catastrophe

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 02:54:21 am »

MP

I have proved elsewhere in great detail that use of concrete is 5-100 times more work than the conventional method of cutting blocks. The most concentrated mix involves more water than stone (after it has been pulverized) and the least concentrated mix involves a dilute slurry requiring dispersing agents (in very large quantities) which did not exist then.
Report Spam   Logged
Mark of Australia

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 03:10:10 am »

Can you post a link to your proof please Cat ...Thanks
Report Spam   Logged
Catastrophe

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 03:43:20 am »

MP

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000487;p=4

Long read

Main points are weight/bulk of additional ingredients
Availability and transport of materials required
Chemical reactions involved including wood as source of ash.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: