Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 07:37:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

the Giza Building Project

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the Giza Building Project  (Read 11251 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #150 on: May 12, 2007, 04:28:28 pm »

Cat
Why don't you take the time to read what people actually say in their posts? 

I am not a scientist - for about the thousandth time.  I don't NEED credibility.  I have an opinion, just like you or anyone else, and right from the beginning, I stated that in my opinion, the poured concrete theory was logical.  I didn't say I knew the ancient formula, I didn't say I knew Egyptologist Lauer, all I have ever said, is that it makes sense to me, for so large a project as the pyramid, that the blocks would be poured. 

We weren't talking about individual colossi.  We were talking about an architectural feat that's never been matched.  Making a one off is a whole different proposition than building a pyramid.  Even if they somehow managed to quarry the blocks Cat, with copper tools, or stone tools or whatever. and even if they had a gazillion men pulling the blocks, HOW did they line them up so perfectly, even when some of the blocks had protuberences?  Barsoum's pictures are very clear, and I've seen other pictures, where some of the blocks had what looks like a piece hanging down on the edge, and yet the next block molds right into it.  Where are the tomb paintings that show them building the King's Chamber, or putting the roof on it?

This is one picture, but there's another one, which I can't find right now, that was even more complex.

You can't keep moving those megalithic blocks in and out, in and out, cutting a bit here, chipping a bit there, until you get it perfect.   
Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: