Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:23:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Hunt for Lost City of Atlantis
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3227295.stm

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

The Ron Paul Campaign - Promoted by Alex Jones' Conspiracy Believers

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ron Paul Campaign - Promoted by Alex Jones' Conspiracy Believers  (Read 226 times)
Tom Hebert
Superhero Member

« on: December 08, 2007, 05:39:27 am »

Some of them are paranoid, some of them are naive, some of them want something for nothing and a few of them are illegal tax protesters!   Angry

That's a good way to put it, Tom.  I think that Ron Paul attracts the anti-establishment types. The establishment is bad, but you are better off putting someone in there who honestly wants to fix it as opposed to make the kinds of changes he is talking about, which are unrealistic and (if implemented) would hurt a lot more than they would help.

Social programs, for instance.  The elimination of all of them like he wants would only hurt the poor.  He doesn't even believe in Social Security.

I agree with you that he does provide some entertainment for this election, but that's about it.  I don't know how old you are, but we went through all of this anti-establishment mess in the '60s.  Finally the baby boomers realized that life just doesn't work that way.  You have to build on what has already been accomplished.

Speaking of entertainment, I have really enjoyed seeing the Republican candidates take nasty potshots at each other.  What happened to their rubber-stamp unity?  They're acting more like rats on a sinking ship.

Tom
« Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 05:40:13 am by Tom Hebert » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: