Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 06:05:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Historical Witches and Witchtrials in Italy

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Historical Witches and Witchtrials in Italy  (Read 433 times)
Luke Hodiak
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 02:07:57 pm »

Bianca,  I'm not certain that Reverend Wright's sermons have set things back 30 years. I do think that those snippets gave people not inclined to vote for Obama their "permission slip" not to vote for him, same as some of the other peripheral issues of the campaign.

You are certainly right about sexism. It is far more pervasive than racism in this country and, subconsciously, some people see it as more acceptable. I don't know how you get beyond that completely other than to teach all young men, everywhere, to have more respect for women at an early age. That problem seems even more pervasive in the Arab countries, but let's not kid ourselves, America has a long way to go still, too. With each generation, I think both women and minorities have it a little better, so I think we can take some satisfaction in that at least.  Will things ever be perfect and will sexism be eliminated completely?  I doubt it. All each of us can do is to do our part to make things better and hope that we can change some minds along the way.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: