Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 07:43:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Were seafarers living here 16,000 years ago?
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/story.html?id=34805893-6a53-46f5-a864-a96d53991051&k=39922

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

Atlantis in Antarctica

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Atlantis in Antarctica  (Read 10049 times)
Stacy Dohm
Superhero Member

« on: March 07, 2007, 10:57:54 pm »

This letter dated August 3rd 1977 was Charles Hapgood's response to a paper we sent him applying the earth crust displacement theory to various problems including the location of Atlantis (on Lesser Antarctica).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I am astonished and delighted by your article which arrived here today. Believe it or not, it is the first truly scientific exploration of my work that has ever been done. You have found evidence for crust displacement that I did not find.
     However, it would seem that you are not aware of a book I published in 1966 entitled Maps of the Ancient Sea Kings. Since you are considering presenting your article to the Royal Geographical Society (of which I was a member until I stopped paying my dues), you should examine this book, and I am mailing a copy of it to you.
     What I found, after long research, was that many maps considered of medieval or Renaissance origin are in fact copies of copies of maps drawn in very remote antiquity, and among them is one showing a deglacial Antarctica. I was able to solve the projections of these maps with the help of a mathematician, and have them confirmed by the Cartographic staff of the Strategic Air Command at Westover Air Force Base in Massachusetts.  ...  It may be that after examining this book you may decide to reduce somewhat your emphasis on Atlantis, this on the myths, for the book contains enough hard evidence to stand by itself.
     Let me congratulate you on the work you have done!

Sincerely,

Charles H. Hapgood     
http://www.flem-ath.com/3aug77.htm

Report Spam   Logged

"All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream." - Edgar Allen Poe

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: