Atlantis Online
March 28, 2024, 07:14:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SGM of the Atlantis Online club

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SGM of the Atlantis Online club  (Read 2901 times)
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2007, 07:19:11 am »

AS TO BLUE HUE:

He was never VICIOUS or ever INSULTED another's character or intelligence. 

The most he ever said about that was:  ".....I TOLD YOU.....I E-MAILED YOU......"

There NEVER was a premeditation to his postings and an 'ulterior motive' to ensnare,
bait or stalk in the same way as now.  Or the insulting posts to the other members in
his threads, which are later deleted - the above was one of many.

His biggest fault was the endless ramblings and convoluted statements/answers, a
lot of times in inappropriated places.

IMHO Blue Hue is a prince compared to the 'new breed'...........

Makes one wish for the 'GOOD OLD DAYS'............
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 07:29:58 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2007, 07:21:15 am »

H U B R I S   and  C H U Z P A H !!!

They don't realize how ridiculous and transparent THEY really are and most people (Americans)
are too polite to really let them have it back in kind.

Certainly shows me, a foreigner, who has the better breeding......
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2007, 07:31:43 am »

PHEW.....

I need some fresh air, again.....

Back to the Political Blogs for me, at least 'til the air clears.......
Report Spam   Logged

Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2007, 07:38:58 am »

Hi Bianca,

Firstly, i have to tell you that you were plain "irresponsible" for bringing this up, like you are proving something.

My family should come first, remember that. I should be entitled of erasing my "errors".

Please don't insult me. What are you trying to prove? that i referred to you?

Since we are in coffee shop (Netherlands coffee shop?) mmmmh

You are acting like that Hollywood actor who thought the girl wanted an autograph but all she did want was an expresso :-)

I respect you a lot, but still, you are Human and therefore err...

I feel completely calm about that since i have not been untrue.

I was prejudice about the West, and i should know that not everybody think alike.

Regarding the "Irresponsibility" aspect of the issue, totally true, btw why you care about closing the Site, since it is now that it really will show its value?

"A predicament is not formed without a period of events creating it."
Chinese proverb

M

Report Spam   Logged

Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2007, 08:19:46 am »

Also the *SS was just rhetorical (not in any way related to Grman SS). Haven't you trailed a troll? Do it again, and we will see. Lets "discuss" it.

People are denying it over ridiculous stuff. If you really think i am wrong, prove it. I could prove that everyone is wrong. Very simply because my paths were the "righteous" ones and "NOT" because of Me personally. I am fully aware that many people have thought and contributed to Atlantis, Specially Plato, although my merit must not be that infinitesimal.

Why people don't talk about, you are plain mocking my theory, that can't be respectful.

I wonder how on Earth you went that far with Georgous M. and completely ignore something that has shown, at least, the "slightest" evidence of being true. I was hoping you could help, even be happy about it, but then i realized how dangerous this could be, if left only to chance to be found out.

The danger of Atlantis being discovered without a "management" and start nasty consequences, is Huge. So in a moment of particular anxiety, i let it out, and i went too far.

But remember that i never made personal intentional or unintentional remarks about anyone, therefore i ask you the same.

Regards,

PS I will never delete any more posts, be certain that none of this will happen again.

M
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 01:51:49 pm by Mario Dantas » Report Spam   Logged

Mark of Australia

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2007, 08:58:43 am »

By Mario Dantas
                                                 . Well you are all wrong because there is ONLY one Atlantis, so everybody can't be right, at same time, although we "respect" each other. This is not a lack of respect, but a lesson, you ARE all wrong, period. Don't waste any more time looking for Atlantis, really. It has been found, and surely isn't where you say it's at, wherever that is. The finding of the Island can bring much sorrow to the world, but who am i to lecture you, right? Wrong.
regards
M
Mario
I just don't know how I can take you seriously,especially after that nonsense.  It's not that you think you are 'right' but that you think you are 'righteous' .This reminds me of the messianic rants by Riven.  Actually you seem to be a composite of Riven ,Georgeos and BlueHue .That's scary . 

The only thing constructive I can think to say is - Please study scientific method ,please ,please ,please. Roll Eyes

. If you really think i am wrong, prove it. I could prove that everyone is wrong. Very simply because my paths were the "righteous" ones and "NOT" because of Me personally.   
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:09:38 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2007, 09:20:24 am »

Mark,

With all due respect, you too have to do that. I have evidences, please don't underestimate me.

I respect your opinion. but...

Are you saying that you "study" more than me? or better than me? be careful. You don't know me! you should talk of things you know, in the first place. but since i see you endure something irrelevant, i will leave.

M
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2007, 09:41:10 am »

QUOTE:

Hi Bianca,

Firstly, i have to tell you that you were plain "irresponsible" for bringing this up, like you are proving something.

You are acting like that Hollywood actor who thought the girl wanted an autograph but all she did want was an expresso :-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see we are playing

BLAME THE VICTIM

How about the

RACE CARD?

Or have you done that already?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:44:25 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2007, 09:59:12 am »

I just wanted my theory proven, i am starting to think that you might, after all, not being at all interested for the truth to come out. Are you afraid? me too.

Don't know what are you talking about race Bianca. But keep in mind that you might be mistaken about me.

"You'll never say what you mean if you don't mean what you say"

M
Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2007, 11:36:30 am »

Actually, I get EXACTLY what is going on here, Mark and Bianca, and you guys have my sympathies.  But you AREN'T going to change people, so the best thing to do is just to vent, then ignore who you don't like.  You AREN'T going to change people, you aren't going to suddenly give them a new appreciation for science, nor their tactics of debate!

Things not allowed in debate?

Personal insults.
Profanity
Stalking people around the forum you don't like.

Mark and Bianca, I love both of your material, but, of course we want EVERYONE to feel happy here.

And if you guys don't think I know exactly what you are talking about, I'd like you to read a conversation (one of many) I had with a creationist over at AR when  first got there.  The guy called me every name in the book, denigrated me any way possible, all cause I didn't believe his garbage about vapor canopy & the rest of the creationist delusions about the world. 

Here is a sample:

You're uncapable to read. When I mentioned about "days" is in the proper context that I was refering to, that is creation. Flood is another discussion. I already answered there are ancient sayings regarding physical things (I quoted the calendar of Sumerians, knowledge of Mayans, strings in constelations said by Hebrew, etc) You just reject everything and every post from me and all people here. I quote even Carl Sagan and books written by physicist. Again NO ARGUMENT of you but saying my sources are wrong and your sources are okey. SOMETHING ELSE TO SAY IDIOT? I know the sources you quoted and I even said Dobzhansky was the one who did the experience with flies that didn't prove evolution. When you wanna discuss about modern dinosaurs, DO IT instead of occupying space saying nothing but pasting my quotes. Do you think you're saying something just by repetition of my words endlessly? I know, you do it cos you wanna give the impression (I don't know who believes that) that pasting letters is really giving information or contra-argumenting.
An example of Brooke typical writing in all this forum in any theme is pasting the whole text of Genesis (lacking an objective own commentary) or pasting the readers' saying. In 3 messages he repeated my previous message, I will past MY messages as you did to give you an idea of your method to DISTRACT without saying nothing. You pasted these from mine:
It's impossible to reason with Brooke. I'm quoting all sort of links which are not exclusive from Creation links and makes another general statement "they are not objective" or even the photographs.
What about Maimonides is in a book of physicist Ph.D whom I already mentioned and his book. Re-read again my posts. Even in the modern translations re-read the texts I already mentioned saying clearly there are days and days.
Of course no men lived in the times of Creation. It's absurd to think we could've been witness of the fact and nobody is here saying they knew because of that. In the same way Sumerians STARTING their sexagesimal numerical system with 500 precessional times and reduced the number until reaching 60. How did they know that if a single degree takes 72 years and they couldn't witness that information passing through generations? Or Mayans knowing a solar eclipse with a thousand years anticipation with no telescopes?
I'm even quoting the books or the arguments even from evolutionists for Christ sake! It's pretty obvious you are gonna say everything I post is stupid and you're the only one "objective". Is that your "argument" right now? That all my sources are imbecil and yours are okey dokey.
I read everything and I don't eliminate anything. I'm saying we can't trust the beloved science because there are contradictions and again I say, if you trust so much in evolution which you quote in almost every post you make (and this is not the tread about this, HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO REPEAT THAT I-D-I-O-T ?)..

I invite people to read the entire conversation!

http://forums.atlantisrising.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=15;t=000522;p=1

Then, by all means, tell me that I haven't been through exactly the same stuff you guys are going through.  If you read my stuff, it was entirely scientific, logical and based on facts.  I was, however, arguing with a hopeless FUNDIE who was supported by other fundies that thrive in that forum.

Two things you can take from that:

1.  People are going to believe what they want to believe.
2.  Facts make no difference to some people.
3.  You aren't going to change someone, so the best thing to do is to ignore someone that you don't like. 

Remember, it also takes differences of opinions to make a forum go!

Any other questions, feel free to PM me! 

Brooke
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Mark of Australia

« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2007, 12:26:39 pm »

Hi Brooke ,

Yes I can see you've had a run in with nutters. You are right ,they can be nutters if they want but what I'm mainly saying to them is please don't spam up a thread insisting that their pet theory is right over and over again.

sigh ,it's almost enough to put one off ancient mysteries altogether....except that there are some really good people here who's presense is enough to restore my enthusiasm.

Plus,I hope it does not seem as if anyone is taking sides or forming 'gangs' ,hah Roll Eyes, but unfortunately that's how the typical paranoid Atlantis nutter sees things... Because I'm sure I have different opinions to Bianca and many other 'friends' ,the thing is we are able to respect our differing opinions on evidence etc. and still get along .That is so hard for some people to understand.

It seems to me that the trouble starts when someones theory becomes a firm belief.It becomes doctrine for them. So it's easy to see why the common culprits are often religious nutcases ,fundamentalists etc.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 12:29:04 pm by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2007, 12:37:27 pm »

Thank you, Brooke, for understanding!  Pathetic encounter you had, there.......

But there  IS  one difference:

Unless I am mistaken, there was a conversation going on between you and others in your
instance.  

In Mark's and my case, it is the total opposite:  our SIN is in NOT engaging in a discussion of
a certain subject.  So, it's really a case of:

"Damned if you do, damned if you don't....."

And it's being done right NOW, on THIS thread, throwing the gauntlet down:

QUOTE:

"btw why you care about closing the Site, since it is now that it really will show its value?

What does it take for somebody to understand that we don't want to discuss this theory?

Funny, too, because, while I don't agree with Morrison's "Atlantis in South America", I
always post in his thread when I run into anything that will add to his theory.  

I do things like that a lot, because, while I DO have my theory, I feel that my role is more or
less that of a researcher, here.  That's all!

At least I DID do that, until I would immediately be 'pushed back' by Mario's RAPIDLY adding
to HIS thread, so that Morrison's would disappear (or others').

So Morrison's thread  and the "Diffusion Thread" etc. never got the chance to 'see the light of day',
so to speak.....I would hold back 4/5 days and then try to post again:  it didn't work either.......
So I gave up........and those  threads haven't been touched in a while, although I have run
into PLENTY of information that I should have posted in both!

Thank you, Brooke!

b
Report Spam   Logged

Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2007, 01:26:26 pm »

Bianca,

Morrison's thread isn't getting buried anymore than any of the other threads in that forum are. You don't need to feel any reponsibility to keep it going. Hey, it's his thread, if he doesn't want to work on it, that is his business, and his loss!  You don't need to take that on yourself.  There are lots of threads in the Atlantis forums, just because they haven't been touched for awhile doesn't mean that people can't read them.

You may not like Mario's stuff, Mark may not, and I may not agree with it either, but he has been warned to stay away from your threads and to knock off the personal attacks. So far as I can see, he has done that (let me know if he hasn't). The question is, for you, do you believe in giving people a second chance or not? I am betting you are not the type of person to hold a grudge, but that is up to you.

Mark,

Have you read the whole of my conversation with the nutter at AR? Not only did it span many pages over that one topic, but several other topics as well.  I was called "stupid," "moron," "idiot," and just about every name in the book just cause I would NOT buy into this person's creationist dogma.

And I WAS insulted even when I wasn't even present during the discussion.  It was a THOUSAND times worse than anything I have seen here and the only thing that I have seen here that was worse was Sarah's "conversations" with Absonite. 

People are NOT perfect.  But what you guys see as trolls here are nothing compared to the abuse we went through at AR on a daily basis. 

Personally, I think that we have done a good job creating some civility here.  There are no Georgeos, Epsilons or other trolls running around here insulting people.  However, if you guys see behavior that you think should be addressed, it has to be similar to this:

Personal insults.
Profanity
Stalking people around the forum you don't like.

I also agree that it is a bad idea to deleter/alter old posts after the fact, but if you ask me, that speaks volumes about the types of people who do that.

A little venting is fine!  But it's also a good idea to put old business behind you so long as more NEW business does not pop up. 

Brooke
Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2007, 09:42:01 am »

QUOTING MARK:

".......sigh ,it's almost enough to put one off ancient mysteries altogether......."

I'll have to agree with that, especially with all this, right after my

Majeston/Absonite encounter!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 06:53:07 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Mark of Australia

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2007, 09:56:41 am »

Hi Brooke

That was an eloquent post and I am all for giving people a second chance. I'm prepared to give Mario a second chance and put all that stuff behind us.

I never did see Sarah's run in with Absonite ,but he sounds like a particularly nasty bastard   Tongue , I have only heard bad reports about him.

But yes this was just for venting , and for me it was more of a lament that Atlantis enthusiasts tend to be 'unbalanced' in some way concerning how they communicate their ideas to others. No one likes to be told that their 'belief' is rubbish but I think some of these theorists need to grow a thicker skin when it comes to criticism.We are a sensitive bunch.

It'll be interesting when I finally present my theory here and to have it torn to shreds  Cheesy  I can't wait.

P.S. Brooke , I haven't read all of your run in with the nutter so I'll check it out .
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 09:59:06 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: