Atlantis Online
March 29, 2024, 01:07:43 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists Confirm Historic Massive Flood in Climate Change
http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/news/20060228/

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SGM of the Atlantis Online club

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SGM of the Atlantis Online club  (Read 2919 times)
Mark of Australia

« on: November 19, 2007, 05:41:50 pm »

Ok, thanks to all of you who could make it this afternoon on such short notice,although I'm sure any excuse to hang out at this beautiful cafe on the foreshore huh?  ...-GET ON WITH IT !-

ok sorry   this Special General Meeting has been called to discuss ,among other things, a pressing issue ,I wont beat around the bush ,but it concerns certain posting behaviours of certain members under certain circumstances... -That IS STILL beating around bush !-

oops , well obviously everyone can air their grievances here and now concerning Trollish behaviour AND, lets face it... Obsessive Atlantis LooniesShocked

There! ,are you happy now ,I said it .

Now as the Administrators have all bailed on us this afternoon for a roadtrip up the coast instead  Grin I have taken it upon myself to be Speaker ...oh and I'll also take the additional title of 'Morale Officer'   Cheesy  ..oh and I'd like a shrubbery too.

So what we'll do is go around the courtyard (this really is a lovely outdoor area) and get the views of all those present concerning their biggest 'issue' with the forum and/or it's members.

...Why don't you go first??    Oh ok ,you're all so kind

Firstly there is the famed Bluehue ,he's great ,mainly because I haven't heard from him for ages.(absence makes the heart grow fonder I guess Roll Eyes) .He is our original loonie/Troll ,he is the perfect template for identifying Atlantis nutcases. Now I see we have a new contender...more on that in a sec....

But recently there has been a fairly large influx of members and for the sake of coherence we really need to try to avoid vicious lurches off-topic in the space of a single post.

Ok no more beating about the bush , In recent times I've noticed Mario Dantas starting to acquire behaviour like BlueHue.Saying things like ,"Why wont people respond to my ideas? ","I'm still waiting for a reply," 

I guess the incident that brought this SGM on was that insulting ,megolamaniacal,borderline-schizophrenic and chauvanistic rant Mario made at Bianca which he has since removed..oh and removing Posts is really annoying,it screws up the whole continuity of the 'conversation'. That was really pathetic Mario .I haven't responded to your Greenland theory ,maybe once I recall ,but the reason is because all of your so-called evidence I find ridiculous or thin on the ground indeed. That's just my opinion.Please don't beg people to give your theory attention ,they'll read what they want ,take a hint mate.....

For the benefit of the self-centred theorists it needs to be remembered that everyone is going to have there OWN views and theories about Atlantis etc. So when someone doesn't believe your theory or disputes it ...GET OVER IT !  DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY.

...But their arguments against my theories are totally irrational and stupid

AGAIN , GET OVER IT .

...ahh  I feel better now ,ok moving on ...

Now I am not one to be totally strict about posting on topic like it is on some other forums, but if you feel the urge to post something entirely different to what's being discussed why not just start a new thread ?   Shocked fancy that  Roll Eyes  Now Mario ,I see you have progressed in your condition to the point of 'ambushing' threads to try to turn the topic to your theory...very BlueHue-esque ...  Nip it in the bud

Well I'd better let someone else have a go airing their grievances.

Where's my coffee waitress ? Roll Eyes All that ranting has made me thirsty... ,who's turn is it now ?? Smiley

P.S.  Uh oh    Lips sealed ,judging from the length of the rant and the use of coloured text I may be showing the symptoms  Cry

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 06:34:53 pm by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 08:19:14 pm »

nikas

WWW.SUPERATLANTIS.COM

Re: Timaeus on Atlantis in Eight Parallel Editions
« Reply #55 on: Today at 02:54:22 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Mark Ponta on Today at 02:19:26 pm

Awww come on Nikas , don't be like that . Let people believe what they want about Atlantis. It doesn't matter until someone actually finds it.

Oh ,and Horus congrats on becoming a Hero member   . I shouldn't go on about it though ,you might get all big-headed about it and become a tyrant like certain people around the place.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nikas:

I didnt say anything, he comes in here like he knows me or something. We chated like for 3-4 days. I didn't like it and I unsubscribed from that site.

I go to many sites. If I see I have nothing to gain from a site I leave. that doesnt mean I am afraid or anything. 

Report to moderator    Logged 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mark Ponta

Re: Timaeus on Atlantis in Eight Parallel Editions
« Reply #56 on: Today at 03:15:53 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok fair enough , 

but it begs the question Nikas....  what do you have to gain from this site ??

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 08:25:50 pm by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Your mind understands what you have been taught; your heart what is true.
Brooke
Administrator
Superhero Member

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2007, 08:41:14 pm »

Well gee, Mark, you know that Atlantis tends to attract people who don't always have respect for scientific method!  It takes time to learn respect for it - how it works, why we should place our faith in it! 

Atlantis, by it's very nature is going to attract a lot of pseudo-science to it.  On the other hand, until we can actually agree on what Atlantis was, we can't be sure which person is wrong and who isn't, right, now can we?

Brooke
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 09:14:42 pm by Brooke » Report Spam   Logged

"The most incomprehensible thing about our universe is that it can be comprehended." - Albert Einstein
Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2007, 08:47:47 pm »

QUOTE:

Well gee, Mark, tou know that Atlantis tends to attract people who don't always have respect for scientific method!  It takes time to learn respect for it - how it works, why we should place our faith in it! 

Atlantis, by it's very nature is going to attract a lot of pseudo-science to it.  On the other hand, until we can actually agree on what Atlantis was, we can't be sure which person is wrong and who isn't, right, now can we?

Brooke

With all due respect, Brooke, I don't think we are discussing the same topic......
Report Spam   Logged

Qoais
Superhero Member

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 01:11:47 am »

I haven't been visiting all the threads in the forum, so I didn't know Mario had made comments to Bianca, so I can't comment on that.

Perhaps, we should have a "rule of thumb" we could all use in these situations.

If we find someone annoying, or don't appreciate their behavior in "our" thread, or feel they are being dusruptive and have caught "Atlantis Fever", I think our first protocol should be to privately e-mail that person, and diplomatically explain to that person, why we don't appreciate their behavior. 

If the behavior continues, then perhaps a second private e-mail - stating our case in more blunt terms would be in order.

Then, on the third occasion of unappreciated behavior, one can publically challenge that person in the thread.  Maybe we could use a protocol such as typing in the word WARNING at the beginning of the post, and then use a stanardized line something like "Qoais - I don't appreciate your attitude and have asked you privately to discontinue.  Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss a different topic.

I realize some folks get very carried away in their enthusiasm especially when they first start in on the subject of Atlantis and more especially when they feel they might have discovered something everyone else missed.  It's like finding Eldorado, or the mother load, and the excitement is hard to contain, and you want to yell it from the roof tops, then you want to hide it so no one else figures it out.  Not exactly to air dirty laundry here, but Nikas himself went thru what Mario is going thru, on Sarmast's forum, didn't you Nikas? 

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."
Mark of Australia

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2007, 03:33:24 am »

Bianca , 

just quoting the offending post ? ...I like your style  Wink

Hi Qoais , Thanks for the constructive reply. What you are suggesting can be tried out and I think I did try something along those lines with BlueHue except that I tried it back-to-front  Tongue . 1.) I publicly challenged him in the forum but the trollism continued .2.)  Private messaged him quite bluntly ...Trollism continues.  3.) I realised he was devoid of understanding on matters of forum ettiquette so finally I private messaged him with a more accepting tone... (Accepting he is a lost cause)  . That's my recollection of the general exchanges between us anyway.... Maybe if I'd tried it your way things may have been different.. Tongue   
    And yes, Nikas is borderline Troll I think sometimes .I was reading the thread about how to tell if you have a troll on your forum and he fits some of the descriptions. (I may have to go into detail later Roll Eyes)

Now I will comment on what Brooke said , *deep breath* . Firstly Brooke I wanna say that you have been a great Administrator and have always been consistent in your 'actions' from what I can see. What you said about science I find interesting.
Well gee, Mark, you know that Atlantis tends to attract people who don't always have respect for scientific method!  It takes time to learn respect for it - how it works, why we should place our faith in it! 

Brooke
  I agree with what you say that we need Atlantologists to understand what science IS  ,but I think when we have 'faith' in science that's when we get this obsessive behaviour .The nutters are all convinced that they themselves are right, they all invoke science for there defence. I think we could use a little scepticism toward peoples 'scientific' conclusions. That's the problem ,people define science in different ways, so I guess you are right in that they need education in what science is, ie. the science of mainstream acadaemia ,and stick to THAT definition of science, NOt the 'Alice in Atlantis' definition of science. Roll Eyes     I suppose we could benefit from a scepticism toward scientists, and even toward science itself.  ... Obviously this is a question for 'serious' scientists in order to help 'temper' there own judgement, and is not really going to be grasped by your garden variety of Troll.

Wow ,that was a fairly indepth response to your comment about science Brooke .I'm quite proud of it.I feel the urge to go around all the threads insisting that people comment on it. Tongue

Now,

Brooke

I agree with Bianca here ..,Are we on the same 'page' Brooke?? It's as if you didn't read that I was basically saying respect other peoples theories and opinions about Atlantis and don't be Trollish.

Anyway just A reminder  ,I started this thread to let off a bit of steam myself and to allow others to do so aswell in a contained environment so that we can maybe minimize situations like with Mario and Bianca or atleast keep them in one place . My reasoning was that if we can **** about little things that irritate us on the forum it'll help to keep things civil in the forum proper when discussing serious subjects.

*tentatively*  So if anyone has a problem with me ,by all means ...let me have it  Undecided     Tongue

I don't know about everyone else but I find this very therapeutic.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:42:14 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged
Mario Dantas
Superhero Member

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2007, 05:15:34 am »

Hi people,

- I don't have any problem with Bianca, she's a friend to me, like everyone here, even BlueHue, with whom i never spoke.

- I might have lost my cool but, never did a personal and/or degrading comment about anyone in particular, i am sure.

- I guess i thought everything was up for discussion, now i see it is not. 

- I understand that someone often can ruin other people's posts. That WAS NOT my intention, i was trying to make a point, wherever and whatever i have posted.

If you think i am acting Trollish, i will review my behavior and improve. As i definitely don't consider myself one. And surely don't want Troll attention, either.

Do not want others to know what you have done? Better not have done it anyways.
Chinese proverb

M

Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2007, 06:10:38 am »

DELETED POST:

Mario Dantas

Re: Evidence Synthesis of Atlantis in Greenland
« Reply #96 on: Today at 05:27:41 am » Quote 

You are so Irresponsible! This is become a game to you?

Do you understand that there can be disastrous consequences? I don't think so. You Westerners never do.

Let me tell you something you don't know, Atlantis is EXACTLY as you read it, i have been looking at it for the last months, and i just can't help admire it, everyday. You got the whole thing wrong, believe me. You are not actually looking for Atlantis, erudition is the key word. The Western Civilization and all that. Proofs? Are you talking about real proofs, stupidity has limits, please. What good are you? You must be kidding me, none of you have a decent theory about it. Spain, Mediterranean Islands, the moon, are you OK? Plato must be rolling in his grave, laughing and crying madly.

Atlantis was central, a perfect jewel in the Atlantic "middle", do you think that such an Empire would grow out of those ridiculous little Islands?  You transfigured Critias, you are putting words in his mouth, Don't you have any shame?

If it weren't for some people, i would really kick some *SS, so you never underestimate your opponent.

You can be sure about that, and plus my fathers have educated me well enough.

History will take its course, regardless of you. How sad that the only thing you care is your Archaeological findings, So selfish of you. Don't you have kids, grandsons ? Wars were all about the loss of Atlantis, and now that it has been found, do you doubt for one second the Russians and Americans and Europeans and whoever has the right "Arsenal" wouldn't come and take a bite? You are naive, haven't you learn anything?

I am putting my life in danger here, and all you do is erudition. Parole, Parole, Parole. I cannot understand. I refuse to think that nobody saw it yet.

You will have to excuse me but you ARE all barking at the wrong one here. I really made a great effort digesting most of the theories here, and because i respect people's opinions and don't want to be rude i have, more or less, excused me from saying anything. Well you are all wrong because there is ONLY one Atlantis, so everybody can't be right, at same time, although we "respect" each other. This is not a lack of respect, but a lesson, you ARE all wrong, period. Don't waste any more time looking for Atlantis, really. It has been found, and surely isn't where you say it's at, wherever that is. The finding of the Island can bring much sorrow to the world, but who am i to lecture you, right? Wrong.

"Dig the well before you are thirsty." Chinese Proverb

regards
M
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:13:24 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 06:18:03 am »

QUOTE:

"If it weren't for some people, i would really kick some *SS, so you never underestimate your opponent.

You can be sure about that, and plus my fathers have educated me well enough."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPPONENT?.......
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:49:22 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 06:26:56 am »

I am putting my life in danger here, and all you do is erudition. Parole, Parole, Parole. I cannot

understand. I refuse to think that nobody saw it yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAROLE = WORDS (Italian)

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:58:59 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 06:30:58 am »

QUOTE:

"- I don't have any problem with Bianca, she's a friend to me, like everyone here, even BlueHue, with whom i never spoke."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"She's a friend of mine" ?

I'd hate to see how you treat your enemies.......
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:56:59 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2007, 06:37:56 am »

QUOTE:

"However, they frequently have an obsession with their IQ and feel the need to tell everyone. This is so

frequent, that it is diagnostic! Somewhere on the web there must be an Intelligence Test for Trolls -

rigged to always say "above 150"........"

INTERNET TROLLS

http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,4148.0.html

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 06:39:35 am by Bianca2001 » Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2007, 06:42:13 am »

MARIO'S QUOTE:

"Do not want others to know what you have done? Better not have done it anyways."

Chinese proverb

M
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2007, 06:54:11 am »

MARIO'S QUOTE:

"Don't waste any more time looking for Atlantis, really. It has been found, and surely isn't where

you say it's at, wherever that is."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess it's time to shut down AtlantisOnLine:

"ATLANTIS HAS BEEN FOUND"
Report Spam   Logged

Bianca
Superhero Member

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2007, 07:05:53 am »

MARK'S QUOTE:

"...........oh and removing Posts is really annoying,it screws up the whole continuity of

the 'conversation'..........."

Not to mention RUDE and NASTY, as it makes the person who responds sound like an idiot......

Which, maybe, was the intention, all along?........
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: