Atlantis Online
April 18, 2024, 12:49:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Scientists to drill beneath oceans
http://atlantisonline.smfforfree2.com/index.php/topic,8063.0.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SGM of the Atlantis Online club

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SGM of the Atlantis Online club  (Read 3031 times)
Mark of Australia

« on: November 20, 2007, 03:33:24 am »

Bianca , 

just quoting the offending post ? ...I like your style  Wink

Hi Qoais , Thanks for the constructive reply. What you are suggesting can be tried out and I think I did try something along those lines with BlueHue except that I tried it back-to-front  Tongue . 1.) I publicly challenged him in the forum but the trollism continued .2.)  Private messaged him quite bluntly ...Trollism continues.  3.) I realised he was devoid of understanding on matters of forum ettiquette so finally I private messaged him with a more accepting tone... (Accepting he is a lost cause)  . That's my recollection of the general exchanges between us anyway.... Maybe if I'd tried it your way things may have been different.. Tongue   
    And yes, Nikas is borderline Troll I think sometimes .I was reading the thread about how to tell if you have a troll on your forum and he fits some of the descriptions. (I may have to go into detail later Roll Eyes)

Now I will comment on what Brooke said , *deep breath* . Firstly Brooke I wanna say that you have been a great Administrator and have always been consistent in your 'actions' from what I can see. What you said about science I find interesting.
Well gee, Mark, you know that Atlantis tends to attract people who don't always have respect for scientific method!  It takes time to learn respect for it - how it works, why we should place our faith in it! 

Brooke
  I agree with what you say that we need Atlantologists to understand what science IS  ,but I think when we have 'faith' in science that's when we get this obsessive behaviour .The nutters are all convinced that they themselves are right, they all invoke science for there defence. I think we could use a little scepticism toward peoples 'scientific' conclusions. That's the problem ,people define science in different ways, so I guess you are right in that they need education in what science is, ie. the science of mainstream acadaemia ,and stick to THAT definition of science, NOt the 'Alice in Atlantis' definition of science. Roll Eyes     I suppose we could benefit from a scepticism toward scientists, and even toward science itself.  ... Obviously this is a question for 'serious' scientists in order to help 'temper' there own judgement, and is not really going to be grasped by your garden variety of Troll.

Wow ,that was a fairly indepth response to your comment about science Brooke .I'm quite proud of it.I feel the urge to go around all the threads insisting that people comment on it. Tongue

Now,
Atlantis, by it's very nature is going to attract a lot of pseudo-science to it.  On the other hand, until we can actually agree on what Atlantis was, we can't be sure which person is wrong and who isn't, right, now can we?

Brooke

I agree with Bianca here ..,Are we on the same 'page' Brooke?? It's as if you didn't read that I was basically saying respect other peoples theories and opinions about Atlantis and don't be Trollish.

Anyway just A reminder  ,I started this thread to let off a bit of steam myself and to allow others to do so aswell in a contained environment so that we can maybe minimize situations like with Mario and Bianca or atleast keep them in one place . My reasoning was that if we can **** about little things that irritate us on the forum it'll help to keep things civil in the forum proper when discussing serious subjects.

*tentatively*  So if anyone has a problem with me ,by all means ...let me have it  Undecided     Tongue

I don't know about everyone else but I find this very therapeutic.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:42:14 am by Mark Ponta » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: