Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 01:17:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Has the Location of the Center City of Atlantis Been Identified?
http://www.mysterious-america.net/hasatlantisbeenf.html

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

SGM of the Atlantis Online club

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SGM of the Atlantis Online club  (Read 3041 times)
Qoais
Superhero Member

« on: November 20, 2007, 01:11:47 am »

I haven't been visiting all the threads in the forum, so I didn't know Mario had made comments to Bianca, so I can't comment on that.

Perhaps, we should have a "rule of thumb" we could all use in these situations.

If we find someone annoying, or don't appreciate their behavior in "our" thread, or feel they are being dusruptive and have caught "Atlantis Fever", I think our first protocol should be to privately e-mail that person, and diplomatically explain to that person, why we don't appreciate their behavior. 

If the behavior continues, then perhaps a second private e-mail - stating our case in more blunt terms would be in order.

Then, on the third occasion of unappreciated behavior, one can publically challenge that person in the thread.  Maybe we could use a protocol such as typing in the word WARNING at the beginning of the post, and then use a stanardized line something like "Qoais - I don't appreciate your attitude and have asked you privately to discontinue.  Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss a different topic.

I realize some folks get very carried away in their enthusiasm especially when they first start in on the subject of Atlantis and more especially when they feel they might have discovered something everyone else missed.  It's like finding Eldorado, or the mother load, and the excitement is hard to contain, and you want to yell it from the roof tops, then you want to hide it so no one else figures it out.  Not exactly to air dirty laundry here, but Nikas himself went thru what Mario is going thru, on Sarmast's forum, didn't you Nikas? 

Report Spam   Logged

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Logic rules.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: