Atlantis Online
April 19, 2024, 02:22:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Ancient Crash, Epic Wave
http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/11/14/healthscience/web.1114meteor.php?page=1

Home Help Arcade Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register  

What we think we know

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What we think we know  (Read 3883 times)
Anteros

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2007, 09:07:44 pm »

The primary reason for me spending time here is so that I can make science interesting to those who gave up on it years ago.  A secondary reason is to demonstrate that much of what we are being told by the mainstream (in almost every field) isn't necessarily true anymore...

I have always had a strong layman's interest in physics. It is one of my life's regrets that I did not study physics in high school (because my friends said it was too 'hard'.) A big mistake. But now, what with all the books I keep around the house and the programs I watch on the Science channel, my 17 year old son has decided to study physics in high school next year and I hope to be his biggest cheerleader on the subject!

So, with that said - let's have it...  Give us a thought, a pondering or a concept that you cannot wrap your brain around and we'll do our very best to explain it so that you get it.

I've done that on the other thread with my question on Quantum Non-locality. It is a subject of extreme interest to me and I will respond to your recent post soon!

Report Spam   Logged

"A planet of playthings, we dance on the strings of Powers we cannot perceive."

Rush  --> "Freewill"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: